First post

Bobor

Newly Enlightened
Glad I came across these forums. Its nice to know there are other people as crazy about lights as I am. Anyway, onto the post:

I use a single AAA Ni-Cad for one of those sports arm-band "jogging" radios when I'm on my way to work. However I just lost one of these batteries (leaving me with just one).

Is it possible to charge just one battery at a time in my Ni-Cad slow charger? The instuctions don't explicitly mention NOT to charge one battery but it does say to install a "pair" to begin charging. Will I damage anything?

batterystation

Enlightened
You should be fine as nicads and metal hydrides are only concerned about CURRENT to them. Only thing that is possible if it is not a regulated charger, you will have 1.2v on the charger rather than 2.4v and it might over work the charger a bit. I have some of those AAA nicads too for $1 each if you need any.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bobar welcome to the most illuminating forum around. The first respondent to your post is the best source for battery questions there is around and a really good guy to do business with. If you really like lights you might as well send him your credit card info now it will save time later that can be spent playing err uhh testing your lights. Yeah testing thats the ticket.