smallest xp-g2 light out now?

mr.lumen

Enlightened
has any company started selling small lights (single 123as or smaller) with this led? the advantages are so great i dont know why they wouldnt. i havnt been able to find any.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
ok cool. ill wait till a light with more power gets an xpg2 in it

weez82

Enlightened
not going to get brighter with a cr123a (3v). You'll have to find a light that can use rcr123a (3.7v). The mini123 can do that but not for extended periods of times and it will void the warranty.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
yea i need a t 16430 light for sure, it doesnt need to be very extended period

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25C twisty and clicky series uses the newer XP-G2. It's more impressive than the Foursevens alternatives.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
oh yea your right. i forgot i bought one of those haha the clicky. its still on its way. thanks!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they out in the ETs already? The main website has no mention of the XP-G2 yet, although I though I read a thread here that will be coming out sometime this month.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
The little guys already have them but the midsize and the big lights havnt come out yet. I believe they come out this week or next.

Are they out in the ETs already? The main website has no mention of the XP-G2 yet, although I though I read a thread here that will be coming out sometime this month.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Eagletac D25LC2 and D25C XP-G2. These two really pack a punch.

Olight also has some XP-G2 lights.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
So you see a noticeable difference between the xpg and xpg2?
You might find the discussion helpful from my review of Foursevens XP-G2 versions of the QB2A and QTLC.

In the case of the QB2A, I found the XP-G2 version to be only one output bin step up from the previous XP-G version. :shrug: Throw increases by a greater margin, due to narrow beam angle with the XP-G2.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you see a noticeable difference between the xpg and xpg2?

I have found a noticeable difference with the D25LC2 from 6,800 Lux to 10,300 Lux. This is partly due to the ergonomics of the reflector and how hard it is driven. I have found that the XP-G2 works better with larger smooth reflector lights that are driven harder.

My experiences with the 4Sevens Quark series are that the improvement has been very minimal. This partly due to the shape of the OP reflector and size, combine this with the lower output and the results are less impressive.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
So harder you drive the xpg2 better it improves over the older version, an exponential power increase! That's awesome. So you see more drastic improvement in bigger lights than. Whdo you think you will see in a tri or quad dropin from an xpg and an xpg2. Will it be brighter and more efficient I.e. stay cooler. Or will it be one or the other?

I have found a noticeable difference with the D25LC2 from 6,800 Lux to 10,300 Lux. This is partly due to the ergonomics of the reflector and how hard it is driven. I have found that the XP-G2 works better with larger smooth reflector lights that are driven harder.

My experiences with the 4Sevens Quark series are that the improvement has been very minimal. This partly due to the shape of the OP reflector and size, combine this with the lower output and the results are less impressive.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
So harder you drive the xpg2 better it improves over the older version, an exponential power increase! That's awesome. So you see more drastic improvement in bigger lights than. Whdo you think you will see in a tri or quad dropin from an xpg and an xpg2. Will it be brighter and more efficient I.e. stay cooler. Or will it be one or the other?

Not quite, even at lowest level of the Armytek Predator called firefly mode, it significantly brighter with the XP-G2 over the XP-G R5 in both lux and lumens.

I have found that combination of
1. How hard the XP-G2 is driven
2. Is the reflector big and smooth and if it will correctly focus the XP-G2 in the light.
3. Is there enough heat-sinking to dissipate the heat. I shall cryptically call tightening everything up.

If the answer is yes to all these conditions, then you will have a huge improvement.

The Eagletac's reflector is better suited for the XP-G2 over the one used in the Quark's. I am not sure if they just got lucky or if they spent a long time in product development. The spill beam of the Eagletac seems to lights things up better and I am not just referring to hotspot. The spill is far better with an outer corona. I am very impressed. The tint of all my XP-G2's are a little on the warm side.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Awesome. So answer me this. The xpg2 is more efficient than the xpg. So if you drove the xpgs atte sane level then the xpg2 would be brighter and stay cooler correct?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. So answer me this. The xpg2 is more efficient than the xpg. So if you drove the xpgs atte sane level then the xpg2 would be brighter and stay cooler correct?

A little bit brighter, yes. Do you know what 20% brighter looks like? Not much. Blink and miss it sort of difference.

weez82

Enlightened
A little bit brighter, yes. Do you know what 20% brighter looks like? Not much. Blink and miss it sort of difference.

But isnt that 20% a best case scenario and more of a marketing number? Seems to me the only real-world difference between xp-g and xp-g2 is beam pattern. All thing being equal the xp-g2 will have better throw

Latest posts