• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Auction for a LL-III (Larry Light- CR2)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

I received a request from BC0311 to take an Arc AA provided by him and do a mod with it. He suggested that I could sell it on a CPF auction and cover my costs and provide the balance to CPF. He also included a check to help defray material costs; it covered the BadBoy400 and part of the LED. I was going to do a mod with an ArcMania MC but after doing a mod with one of Larry's CR2 heads and since I did have another one, the plans were changed. I used one of the Larry Light CR2 heads, a BB400 (my first sandwich and I forgot the tomatoes), cut down Fraen LP optic, chopped and bored Arc AA battery tube and a Luxeon III SVOJ which behaves like a R2H at the low current. Here's the mod:

LL-III.jpg

And an obligatory beam shot:

beam.jpg

I only have a few bucks in this light in terms of parts. I don't like to sell my labor cheap so I'll throw it in for free. To make life easy on everyone here, 100% of the sale of this light goes to CPF. Those of you who bid on the light should consider that you are making a donation to CPF and as a bonus, getting the light. It is a one of a kind and there is no warranty. It's pretty cool and nice and bright. It should be used. Obviously this light is a product of a few members of CPF and it's only fitting that CPF gets to benefit from it.

I suggest the auction ends at 9:00 PM PST on this saturday. I think this was a great thing that BC0311 initiated and in a moment of weakness, I went along. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Don

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait, I thought I had the small Lux lights that I need. I must be insane. Perhaps I am just trying to get this thing going. Hmmm, but then again that is pretty.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for outbidding me, I really don't need this light. Now I would really love one of those heads set up to run off of a single AA.

Raindrop

Enlightened
I purchased 3 of the ARC AA as mod hosts only. Now I have might have to just sell one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

$150

~Greg

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Don ! That was fast and it turned out great.

Thanks for doing it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif BC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Oh yeah,

I forgot to mention that it comes with one spare set of O-rings and it has a battery in it! After that, you're on your own. In the pic below, the light is shown with some others and the size and color are pretty much 1:1, at least on my monitor. The light has a wonderful, one handed on/off action.

line-up.jpg

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
BC0311,

You're welcome but don't get any more *great* ideas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

While I'm at it, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation is included in the deal and I will mail the light after I receive word from "The Mighty Sasha" that she has received payment.

Jon and RainDrop, don't peak early! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, to ensure the best thermal path, I used AA epoxy and glued the sandwich into the head. I also soldered a ground lead from the head to the PCB for a dependable ground path.

- Don

Raindrop

Enlightened
Don,

IF I win I will need to send you a PMO / Funds since I don't do PayPal. Can you handle the transfer to Sasha for me ?? That was one of the reasons I didn't bid on Wayne's cool little light. That and I am yet to see my MIA Fireflies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Besides it's for a good cause /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Raindrop,

I know you're good for it and I am sure we can work something out; either a transfer through me or perhaps a check sent directly to Sasha (prefered). Sorry to hear about your fireflys!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Don