ArmyTek
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

  1. #1

    Default Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Has anyone seen the new Coleman light at Walmart that uses 2AA batteries, puts out 200 lumens, and has a high and low mode? The package claimed 200 lumens, but didn't specify anything for the lower mode. Also claims 2 hours runtime. It uses a Cree, but nothing about which one is mentioned.

    Does anyone know about this and whether the 200 lumen claim could be accurate? The price was about $25, which seems like a real deal for that much power and 2 level settings. Using 2AA is a plus too since most lights sold at Walmart with decent specs all use 3AAA now.

    I googled and couldn't find anything about this light.

    EDIT: Correction! I just found it on the Coleman site: http://www.coleman.com/product/led-u...tCategory=1185

    It has a price much higher than Walmart. Must be MSRP. Still no specs on which Cree it is. Any ideas or personal experience?
    Last edited by LEDrock; 10-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Minimag with niteize LED (2), River Rock 2AAA (2), River Rock 2AA, Brinkmann 3AAA LED headlamp, ROV Roughneck 2D, Inova keychain LED, Performance Tool 3AAA.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* AnAppleSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Hill, VA
    Posts
    4,069

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    It's the CT20, and has been in at least two threads (On different forums). Don't buy it. The interface is awful. Mushy and stiff clicky, always goes High Low Off. The low mode is resistored.

    On the plus side, it's only a drill-reaming away from taking 18mm diameter cells, and may take P60 modules. I'll have to take mine apart again to see.

    XP-G LED, surprisingly.

    Thread 1
    Thread 2, which I posted
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* Jash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    That's a fugly light!!
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    I bought one of these a week or so ago, and I like it! It is a bit of a thrower, but I like the beam pattern. It has a real bright, intense beam, but I have no way of knowing if it actually puts out 200 lumens. Has a good low too! The switch is stiff, but I will get used to it. I lilke the looks and finish on it also as it is different from most other 2AA lights.

  5. #5

    Default Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    For about $10 more you can get a Quark AA2X... 400 lms high, 400 hrs runtime on moonlight, 10yr warranty, US based, tactical version if you only want 2 modes (programmable from 8 modes).

  6. #6

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
    I bought one of these a week or so ago, and I like it! It is a bit of a thrower, but I like the beam pattern. It has a real bright, intense beam, but I have no way of knowing if it actually puts out 200 lumens. Has a good low too! The switch is stiff, but I will get used to it. I lilke the looks and finish on it also as it is different from most other 2AA lights.
    Do you happen to have the older Max 2AA? I wonder if the tailcaps can be switched, the one pic i saw of the battery tube end looks very similar...i'll have to get one of these and try. Those were rated around 110 lumens which i think is pretty accurate, so this is a nice upgrade.
    Last edited by jduck; 10-24-2012 at 12:15 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    I actually do have one of those, and the switches do not interchange, sorry! Too bad it does not as it would fix my only real complaint about the light. The old switch is also a forward clicky style, the new one is a reverse. The old version also had no optic and had no brightness levels. Overall, I think the new model is a good step up!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    I stopped by Wal-Mart this morning to pick one up and try out only to find they were no longer in stock and found no place on the rack for them. I picked one up last week and started to buy it to have as a loaner but put it back.......
    The lesson, go ahead and but it, it might not wait on you to come looking again!

    Maybe the will carry them again in the near future.



    Barry
    Changing the world one Flashoholic at a time...

  9. #9
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evergreen, CO
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    I've been to several different walmarts and noticed that they are sold out.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    For about $10 more you can get a Quark AA2X... 400 lms high, 400 hrs runtime on moonlight, 10yr warranty, US based, tactical version if you only want 2 modes (programmable from 8 modes).
    I have one of these, the tactical version, and it is a nice light. It is 280 lumens on high, not 400. I saw a review of this light where it stated it puts out 400 for the first 3 minutes, but I cannot see it. I bought a Shiningbeam Caveman at the same time, and it uses the same LED, and is rated at 290 lumens. If I put both lights side to side, there is no difference, and their beam pattern and tint are almost the same. Who is selliing it for $35.00?

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* AnAppleSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Hill, VA
    Posts
    4,069

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
    I have one of these, the tactical version, and it is a nice light. It is 280 lumens on high, not 400. I saw a review of this light where it stated it puts out 400 for the first 3 minutes, but I cannot see it. I bought a Shiningbeam Caveman at the same time, and it uses the same LED, and is rated at 290 lumens. If I put both lights side to side, there is no difference, and their beam pattern and tint are almost the same. Who is selliing it for $35.00?
    It's rated 280 lumens on alkaleaks, because they are included with the light. NiMHs run it hotter. Check GoingGear, and remember to use the coupon code too.
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    It's rated 280 lumens on alkaleaks, because they are included with the light. NiMHs run it hotter. Check GoingGear, and remember to use the coupon code too.
    Alkaleaks!! LOL..!! I am using NIMH in both lights. I only use alks for backup.
    Thanks!

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* AnAppleSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Hill, VA
    Posts
    4,069

    Default Re: Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
    Alkaleaks!! LOL..!! I am using NIMH in both lights. I only use alks for backup.
    Thanks!
    Noooo! Use Energizer lithiums, or more NiMHs, as backups. Alkaleaks are not actually batteries. They're cylindrical monsters with a thirst for tasty electronics. They strike when you least expect it!
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •