Coleman 200 lumen at Walmart

LEDrock

Enlightened
Has anyone seen the new Coleman light at Walmart that uses 2AA batteries, puts out 200 lumens, and has a high and low mode? The package claimed 200 lumens, but didn't specify anything for the lower mode. Also claims 2 hours runtime. It uses a Cree, but nothing about which one is mentioned.

Does anyone know about this and whether the 200 lumen claim could be accurate? The price was about $25, which seems like a real deal for that much power and 2 level settings. Using 2AA is a plus too since most lights sold at Walmart with decent specs all use 3AAA now.

I googled and couldn't find anything about this light.

EDIT: Correction! I just found it on the Coleman site: http://www.coleman.com/product/led-...um-flashlight/2000009449?contextCategory=1185

It has a price much higher than Walmart. Must be MSRP. Still no specs on which Cree it is. Any ideas or personal experience?

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the CT20, and has been in at least two threads (On different forums). Don't buy it. The interface is awful. Mushy and stiff clicky, always goes High Low Off. The low mode is resistored.

On the plus side, it's only a drill-reaming away from taking 18mm diameter cells, and may take P60 modules. I'll have to take mine apart again to see.

XP-G LED, surprisingly.

Thread 1
Thread 2, which I posted

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of these a week or so ago, and I like it! It is a bit of a thrower, but I like the beam pattern. It has a real bright, intense beam, but I have no way of knowing if it actually puts out 200 lumens. Has a good low too! The switch is stiff, but I will get used to it. I lilke the looks and finish on it also as it is different from most other 2AA lights.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
For about $10 more you can get a Quark AA2X... 400 lms high, 400 hrs runtime on moonlight, 10yr warranty, US based, tactical version if you only want 2 modes (programmable from 8 modes).

jduck

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these a week or so ago, and I like it! It is a bit of a thrower, but I like the beam pattern. It has a real bright, intense beam, but I have no way of knowing if it actually puts out 200 lumens. Has a good low too! The switch is stiff, but I will get used to it. I lilke the looks and finish on it also as it is different from most other 2AA lights.

Do you happen to have the older Max 2AA? I wonder if the tailcaps can be switched, the one pic i saw of the battery tube end looks very similar...i'll have to get one of these and try. Those were rated around 110 lumens which i think is pretty accurate, so this is a nice upgrade.

Last edited:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually do have one of those, and the switches do not interchange, sorry! Too bad it does not as it would fix my only real complaint about the light. The old switch is also a forward clicky style, the new one is a reverse. The old version also had no optic and had no brightness levels. Overall, I think the new model is a good step up!

BarryG

Enlightened
I stopped by Wal-Mart this morning to pick one up and try out only to find they were no longer in stock and found no place on the rack for them. I picked one up last week and started to buy it to have as a loaner but put it back.......
The lesson, go ahead and but it, it might not wait on you to come looking again!

Maybe the will carry them again in the near future.

Barry

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For about $10 more you can get a Quark AA2X... 400 lms high, 400 hrs runtime on moonlight, 10yr warranty, US based, tactical version if you only want 2 modes (programmable from 8 modes).

I have one of these, the tactical version, and it is a nice light. It is 280 lumens on high, not 400. I saw a review of this light where it stated it puts out 400 for the first 3 minutes, but I cannot see it. I bought a Shiningbeam Caveman at the same time, and it uses the same LED, and is rated at 290 lumens. If I put both lights side to side, there is no difference, and their beam pattern and tint are almost the same. Who is selliing it for $35.00?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these, the tactical version, and it is a nice light. It is 280 lumens on high, not 400. I saw a review of this light where it stated it puts out 400 for the first 3 minutes, but I cannot see it. I bought a Shiningbeam Caveman at the same time, and it uses the same LED, and is rated at 290 lumens. If I put both lights side to side, there is no difference, and their beam pattern and tint are almost the same. Who is selliing it for $35.00?

It's rated 280 lumens on alkaleaks, because they are included with the light. NiMHs run it hotter. Check GoingGear, and remember to use the coupon code too.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's rated 280 lumens on alkaleaks, because they are included with the light. NiMHs run it hotter. Check GoingGear, and remember to use the coupon code too.

Alkaleaks!! LOL..!! :laughing: I am using NIMH in both lights. I only use alks for backup.
Thanks!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alkaleaks!! LOL..!! :laughing: I am using NIMH in both lights. I only use alks for backup.
Thanks!

Noooo! Use Energizer lithiums, or more NiMHs, as backups. Alkaleaks are not actually batteries. They're cylindrical monsters with a thirst for tasty electronics. They strike when you least expect it!

Latest posts