Angryfox        
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions & FAQ - Oveready / TorchLAB

Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Another quick question. Can a M31 N run safely on a LiFePO4 16340? These cells come off the charger at 3.3 to 3.5V.
    Is there any advantage of this over a M61 N L with an 18350?
    Last edited by yoyoman; 02-26-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    The length is right. To function, the inside diameters should match and the electrical contacts must touch. I've not tested FM bodies, but they should work together.
    After testing, I can tell you everything works perfectly!

Thanks, my order was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    Another quick question. Can a M31 N run safely on a LiFePO4 16340? These cells come off the charger at 3.3 to 3.5V.
    Is there any advantage of this over a M61 N L with an 18350?
    M31's are optimized for AA/123. M61's are optimized for IMR/ICR. Trying to work between them is a lot of work for little return. The LiFePO4 has third the capacity of a 123 and you'd want to test and bleed down excess voltage (reducing capacity in the process). An 18350 with more than half 123 capacity, offers full output on most 61 models.

M61NL with 18350 offers a small package, medium output. and myriad power options.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

If I may add a bit on m31 with LiFePO4. To answer your question, yes it will run BUT I would not.
    At only 500mA, your runtime will be as long as you sit in your throne of thoughts. On a M31LL, it will go for an hour before fully dimming. Which is very good....
    But hang on, by the time you realize that your LiFePO4 is out of juice, you would also have killed it. You see, the M31 is regulated right up to 1.8v, M31L at 1.4v and M31LL 0.8v. The drop in will give you full brightnest anything above those voltage but at 1.8v, your battery is well and truly dead.

How do I know? Well, I killed both my battery.
    Last edited by BenChiew; 02-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Nicely put, thank you.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Very interesting answers to my quick question. I'll stick with the M61 N L with an 18350. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experience.

I have a Peak Eiger AAA with the large optic Cree XPG2 incoming. Can I run this with a 10440 Li-ion or should I limit it to a lithium primary? I didn't see this head as an option on the 10180 bodies. Will it run on the 10180? Thank you.

Peaks are pretty easy going. All our heads work with all our batteries.

The large optics are rolling out to the other sizes soon, looks like a miniature turbohead
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Will a C2 body with an xpg2 neutral put out 1500 lumens on 1 18650 or do i need two run it on another size battery. This is new to me and would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncristia View Post
    Will a C2 body with an xpg2 neutral put out 1500 lumens on 1 18650 or do i need two run it on another size battery.
    Sorry for the confusion. The amps needed for 1500 lumens on a single cell (15 watts), would destroy the McClicky. You need 2x18350 for full output in a C2.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 03-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Hi guys,
    Are you able to anodize lights sent to you as a service? I drooled and lusted after one of your Z2 Custom HA Bronze lights, but you have no more and there are none more to be had, except for the two that I just managed to get my hands on!

We don't like doing things that can't be done right the first time, every time. The HA process involves throwing hundreds of parts into a potentially destructive process, then sorting them when we're done. The bronzing process adds another layer of risk, perhaps ruining the matchability of parts. There's also no way to mark all the parts of a light to make sure they got back to each owner and we can't risk mixing old parts with new. Sorry.

That being said, we have a few Z2 waiting for an HA process and may be able to offer them later this year.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Default R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Hello, i would like to know if the stubby is available with a clicky tailcap and a 18500 body as well. Do you have other options than the triad clicky?
    Grazie

Default Re: R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rioimmagina View Post
    Hello, i would like to know if the stubby is available with a clicky tailcap and a 18500 body as well.
    Sorry for the confusion. Small clicky switches add about 15mm to the overall length of a flashlight. The shorter length advantage of the Stubby is derived from replacing the clicky switch with the twisty only ZRS. Configured this way, 20mm bodies support 35mm cells, 35=50, 50=65. Adding a clicky, adds back the 15mm, creating standard configurations. Clicky's are available on our Slim page. Configured this way, 35mm bodies support 35mm cells, 50=50, 65=65.

Do you have other options than the triad clicky?
    • Our largest tailcap is the Triad. Our smallest tailcap is the DB Cap.
    • All of our tailcaps and most SF tailcap are directly compatible with all Moddoolar bodies
    • All of our tailcaps can be configured with a McClicky or a ZR or a ZRS
    • You can make any configuration you like, coordinating battery/body length and switch
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Default R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Thank you Electron for the exhaustive answer, now everything is clear!
    So with a 50mm body and a db clicky plus a ZR I could run my moddoo with a 18500 and 2x18350 or one 18650, just switching the inner part of the tailcap, is that right?
    Then i was playing with the configurator and i noticed that only the slim body is actually available, only in black and only with a HML driver... Are you guys planning to make the other options available again?
    Thanks and regards

So with a 50mm body and a db clicky plus a ZR I could run my moddoo with a 18500 and 2x18350 or one 18650, just switching the inner part of the tailcap, is that right?
    Yes, we designed our parts ecosystem for maximum compatibility and flexibility - both with each part inside the system and many parts outside. A ZR + TL50 will run any battery setup that a McClicky + TL65 will run. This includes 2x18350. The ZR is user installable/removable, and can be swapped in or out in a few minutes with basic hand tools.

Then i was playing with the configurator and i noticed that only the slim body is actually available, only in black and only with a HML driver... Are you guys planning to make the other options available again?
    We had a production problem with the standard TL50 during the last batch. The next batch will include more standard TL50's, in black and natural. In the mean time, the TL50 Slim handles all the same battery options (only the outside is different).
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

Question Re: R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

I want to order a Moddoolar light but I'm not quite confident that I understand the options completely.

Here is what I want...

1 x 18350 & 2 x 18350 capability
    Tailstanding capability (does that mean it has to have a Triad tailcap and if so, are there none right now?)
    Small as possible

I would order a Pocket Stubby but I'm not clear that it will tailstand (???) and I don't see an option for 2 x 18350.

Any help is much appreciated!
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFoxes III & IV, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    I would order a Pocket Stubby but I'm not clear that it will tailstand (???) and I don't see an option for 2 x 18350.
    Well, the pocket stubby has a DB tailcap but it´s equipped with the ZeroRez shorty (twisty switch) and therfore is capable of tailstanding. If you want both 1x and 2x 18350 you´ll need two bodies. The stubby with it´s 20mm shorty in combination with the ZeroRez switch works with 1x8350. You´ll just have to add a 1x18500 body (that will accept 2x18350 if used with the ZeroRez switch) to your order. But the Moddoolar DB cell tube is not available in that size right now.

Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Flashaholic*

Thanks alot, Eric. I think I'm starting to get it. Thanks also for the confirmation that the ZeroRez will tailstand.

I notice that the slim tube 18500 body appears to be in stock. This would work with the Pocket Stubby and would give me 2 x 18350, correct? Or is there a reason I should only use the DB tubes with the Stubby? Thanks again.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFoxes III & IV, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Thanks Eric, you've got it right.

Thanks alot, Eric. I think I'm starting to get it. Thanks also for the confirmation that the ZeroRez will tailstand.

I notice that the slim tube 18500 body appears to be in stock. This would work with the Pocket Stubby and would give me 2 x 18350, correct? Or is there a reason I should only use the DB tubes with the Stubby? Thanks again.
    yes, the slim TL50 wit hthe ZRS will allow 2x18350 to be used. This makes an extremely compact setup that can also fit 1x18650.
    The DB tubes and the slm tubes are the same except for outside diameter of the center of the Slims.

I have a batch of DB tailcaps at the Hard Anodize shop now. They will be available in about a week or two.

Thanks for your support.

Flashaholic*

Thanks Moddoo. I ordered the Stubby with the neutral H/M/L, brass smooth bezel, brass short tube for 1 x 18350 and also a TL50 tube.

"I have a batch of DB tailcaps at the Hard Anodize shop now. They will be available in about a week or two."

Does this affect my order or do you have a complete Stubby light in stock as was listed on your website?

No worries. We are low on DB caps. Yours will ship on Monday.

Tom is working to ensure the next orders can ship soon.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

I just realized that I can add a clip to this Stubby light. Can this be added to my existing order so I don't have to pay shipping twice?

Also, I assume the short clip will work ok with either 1x or 2x 18350, is this correct?

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion. A few Moddoolar clip rules:

Like Z41, DB caps don't support clips directly

Clips installed between the body and tailcap are not 100% reliable

Short Triads clips require bodies longer than 35mm (50-130 only, TL20 are to short)

Long Triads clips require bodies longer than 50mm (65-130 only, TL20 are to short)

That being said, we hear your request and will put our magicians to work on it.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

Thanks.

Unenlightened

Does anyone know if the brass ring for the Z41 McClicky upgrade kit fits in a Solarforce L2N tailcap?

Flashaholic*

Exclamation Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

HELP!!!

I just received my Moddoolar Pocket Stubby and I can't figure out how in the world an 18350 is supposed to fit in it. With the cell installed you cant screw the tailcap on to the brass body. The ZRS brass piece in the tailcap protrudes higher than the threads in the tailcap making battery contact before the threads can engage the body.

I have the same problem when trying to install 2 x 18350 used with the TL50 body. Doesn't fit.

Could it be that my DB tailcap is machined incorrectly? The threads only come about half way to the top...is this correct?

HELP!!!

I just received my Moddoolar Pocket Stubby and I can't figure out how in the world an 18350 is supposed to fit in it. With the cell installed you cant screw the tailcap on to the brass body. The ZRS brass piece in the tailcap protrudes higher than the threads in the tailcap making battery contact before the threads can engage the body.

I have the same problem when trying to install 2 x 18350 used with the TL50 body. Doesn't fit.

Could it be that my DB tailcap is machined incorrectly? The threads only come about half way to the top...is this correct?

do you have this brass zero rez shorty?:

http://www.oveready.com/images/uploads/ZRS.jpg

or do you have this standard brass zero rez?

http://www.oveready.com/images/uploads/ZeroResDisc.jpg

The standard zero rez does not work with the stubby setup.
    Let us know and we will get you straightened out.

Flashaholic*

Mine has the standard brass zero rez.

So you can send me a zero rez shorty right away?
    Last edited by Colonel Sanders; 03-27-2013 at 11:48 AM.

EM's sent...
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast