Imalent        
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions & FAQ - Oveready / TorchLAB

Question Re: Oveready addicted... Am I alone ???

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw1969 View Post
    Hmmm.. By definition, you can't be addicted if you can't even get your first fix!

Every time I go to their site, nothing is in stock. What's the deal? They really need to up their production. They are losing money.

Hi. I'm still waiting for my torch. Placed order four weeks ago when item was in stock. Now getting quite nervous.

The problem is it s unlikely technical questions will be asked as getting the product is very difficult. Perhaps they gave away too many for the movie they promote on the web site!

I have sent an email requesting postage details, but not had a response.

Don't know if other members have had similar experiences

Default Re: Oveready addicted... Am I alone ???

Quote Originally Posted by bright light View Post
    My experience is completely the opposite...I find their customer service (both pre & post sales) to be first rate and their shipping to be very prompt. And yes I lived over 8000 miles away from them too. I am sure Dan will response to you in a timely manner...you'll soon find that it's a joy doing business with them
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

My experience has been very, very positive. I placed orders, realized I forgot some small item, placed the second order and get the shipping refunded promptly. I live in Switzerland - I'm American so I don't know how far that is - and I've placed orders on Friday and received them the very next Thursday.

Make sure you check the status of your account, use the contact function, email or post something in the questions thread. And don't be sarcastic. I have never had a problem and I am sure everything will be sorted out.

Enlightened

Oveready customer service has to be about the best I've had with any flashlight suppliers. Always good, quick communications and I've always received items very quick to the UK.

In fact I've only ever had one problem with any of my orders from them, I ordered a custom HA Surefire C2 but the one I received was the standard Surefire finish (although all my options - UCL lens, black steel bezel ring & McClicky were on it!), I emailed them that day & despite the time difference I had a response within a couple of hours apologising & telling me that they had just shipped my correct order out as soon as they heard from me, they didn't even wait for me to ship back the first one as other companies have done with me in the past.

I think yours is the first time I've heard anyone say that they've had anything less than exemplary service from the guys at Oveready.

Quote Originally Posted by bright light View Post
    Hi. I'm still waiting for my torch. Placed order four weeks ago when item was in stock. Now getting quite nervous.

The problem is it s unlikely technical questions will be asked as getting the product is very difficult. Perhaps they gave away too many for the movie they promote on the web site!

I have sent an email requesting postage details, but not had a response.

Have you PM Tom or Dan on here? Usually I do that on rare occasion where they may have missed my email?

We work every day to squash issues, but do sometimes miss things.

PM sent...
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

ElectronGuru beat me to it...

Oveready has one of the best Customer Service in the business (on par with SF)... Like the man said, they might miss something but will always take care of it once they are aware...

Cheers to OR...

Rolleye11 Re: Oveready addicted... Am I alone ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Have you PM Tom or Dan on here? Usually I do that on rare occasion where they may have missed my email?
    I must withdraw any negative comments. The whole issue is my mistake and Dan has been most helpful. I apologise for any misunderstanding.

Sometimes I send a PM to Dan when I do not receive a reply to an email, it responds with kindness and courtesy on CPF, but the customer service is really good.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Hi Oveready guys,

Can you please advise how long (shelf life?) your GID hosts' glowing capabilities are rated for? E.g. after 10 years will they still glow when charged?

Cheers

Flashaholic*

I just wanted drop a thanks to all at Overready for getting the correct tail cap sent to me so FAST! That's excellent customer service and I really appreciate it.

My light came with the wrong tail cap (everybody makes mistakes) but Overready was on top of it with instant communication and the correct cap was shipped out same day.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFoxes III & IV, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Quote Originally Posted by d337944 View Post
    Can you please advise how long (shelf life?) your GID hosts' glowing capabilities are rated for?
    The powder we use is rated at 5% loss after 10 years, but this has not been tested. There may also be application variances from area to area (how well a given grain is protected from wear/damage). So long enough to last through several well made drop ins.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    The powder we use is rated at 5% loss after 10 years, but this has not been tested. There may also be application variances from area to area (how well a given grain is protected from wear/damage). So long enough to last through several well made drop ins.
    Hi EG, no worries ... sounds excellent to me!

Cheers

Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Is torchlab dropin waterproof ?

I have a question about my new triple - When using with two IMR cells, it it safe to let the light use the batteries to the 10% power saver mode, or until the light won't stay on anymore? Should I stop usage at some other point? Just wondering if the voltage cutoff will recognize the two cell configuration and cut off at an appropriate time to preserve the cells.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlove View Post
    Is torchlab dropin waterproof ?
    The drop-in is not protected from water entering around the edge of the optic.
    It is intended to be used inside of a waterproof flashlight housing.
    However, the drop-in will still function perfectly even when completely flooded with water.
    We do not recommend doing this on purpose, but if you were to break your glass, and it got wet, it would still light your way.

Quote Originally Posted by msim View Post
    I have a question about my new triple - When using with two IMR cells, it it safe to let the light use the batteries to the 10% power saver mode, or until the light won't stay on anymore? Should I stop usage at some other point? Just wondering if the voltage cutoff will recognize the two cell configuration and cut off at an appropriate time to preserve the cells.
    The electronics will protect your cells from over discharging. You can run them until the light turns off.
    It will recognize if 1 cell or 2 cells are loaded into the light.
    Last edited by Moddoo; 04-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.

thanks for the reply

my english is not good

I want a surefire host custom orange cerakote , like this

Some one say it's a oveready 6p custom orange cerakote , but i don't see it on your web

How can i have one ?

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

I have one Safety Orange 6P ready to ship, but one spot of the paint is out of sorts. PM sent.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Is the E2e triple waterproof? Like the triples will the electronics live if the seals fail for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    Is the E2e triple waterproof? Like the triples will the electronics live if the seals fail for some reason?
    They are as waterproof as a stock light.
    Surefire labels them as "water resistant"

We have tested them for hours under 12" of water and have found no leakage.
    If there was ever a leak it would be in the tailcap and this could easily be dried out later.

The head is completely sealed from water.

The electronics are the same as the ones we use in the Moddoolar heads and in the Drop-ins. Yes they will funcion when wet.

Enlightened

Moddoo, do you know what the slow/dim blinking red Diode on the H3 xpg-2 triple drop-in board means? Just received the drop-in a few days ago and noticed that behaviour during one-cell/low Operation.

Quote Originally Posted by boef8000 View Post
    Moddoo, do you know what the slow/dim blinking red Diode on the H3 xpg-2 triple drop-in board means? Just received the drop-in a few days ago and noticed that behaviour during one-cell/low Operation.
    The indicator led does a slow blink while the light is on. I'ts just hard to see on medium and high

Enlightened

I see, Thanks!

One more - would 2 x IMR 16340 work in the E2e?

What about a IMR 14500 surely this would be too small?
    Last edited by 1313; 04-19-2013 at 02:37 PM.

would 2 x IMR 16340 work in the E2e?
    Assuming you mean our custom triple copper E2, its a question of power. Even high quality IMR 16340 struggle to provide the 15 watts needed for our highest engine level. So yes it will work, but 18350 are the recommended minimum.

What about a IMR 14500 surely this would be too small?
    [AW] IMR 14500 have more power handling than other cells of similar size. So its a question of fit. A theoretical E3e would fit 2x 14500 perfectly, but their 50mm length is to long for a pair to fit into an E2. One will fit into an E2, with a spacer.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Someone please help! This was my FIRST Oveready purchase. I bought a C2 with UCL lens:
    I have been trying to get an answer since receiving this flashlight. Using your site I think I have figured out the answer. I was trying to figure out why I had a floating o-ring inside the bezel area and how this could possibly be waterproof. I have the answer. I HAVE NO UCL LENS INSTALLED!!! Yep there is no ZERO lens there. Looking into the bezel I CAN TOUCH THE DROP IN! I believe there should be a lens in place right?
    Thanks,
    Frank
    A Picture:
    Last edited by Frank1967; 04-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.

PM sent
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    PM sent
    Pm received and email sent. Thanks!

Fantastic resolution to my problem. Top notch service all the way. Thank you!!

*Flashaholic*

Buttrock Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

I'll add a customer service based experience - I bought a USED Oveready light, form a private seller - and ElectronGuru PM'd me with advice on the mods I had discussed with the SELLER.

I later bought a drop-in, and, accidentally bought a bezel ring I didn't need, and, again, EG PM'd me to explain why I didn't need it, because he remembered what USED light I was putting it in, and refunded the part from the invoice.

Come ON, that's customer service.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast