Wuben        
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions & FAQ - Oveready / TorchLAB

Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Nothing but good experience buying from Dan so I'm not surprised he went out of the way to help you out. Good communication, courteous and quick shipping...keep it up Dan!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Silgt View Post
    Nothing but good experience buying from Dan so I'm not surprised he went out of the way to help you out. Good communication, courteous and quick shipping...keep it up Dan!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    YEP! A misunderstanding of an email he sent me by ME. I could NOT have asked for more. Fantastic responses, fantastic resolution, I am very pleased! Customer service like this is rare nowadays :<( so it is a real pleasure to see such attention especially AFTER the initial sale. Thanks Dan!

Just checking: Moddoolar parts, bezel rings are for the Moddoolar triple heads?

^ Yes.

Whats the point of having customers if you can't take care of them

Standard (SF) bezel rings are here.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 04-21-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Whats the point of having customers if you can't take care of them

Standard (SF) bezel rings are here.
    Great Customer service! Thanks. Horrible flashlight!! Kidding! Great light. I wish I would have discovered this light much sooner.

What are my options, if any, to tail stand my newly acquired C2? Does the Delrin tailstand extension still exist? Thanks, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1967 View Post
    What are my options, if any, to tail stand my newly acquired C2? Does the Delrin tailstand extension still exist? Thanks, Frank
    Found one. A big thank you... You know who you are!

I did some searching before posting this...didn't find an answer...

I recently had a few bodies bored by you and a few Zero Rez tailcaps installed. Everything is working great, except I have some trouble with using momentary when I using the Torchlab Triple drop-in. I have no problems with momentary when I use Malkoff drop-ins. With the Torchlab Triple I have to mash down as hard as I can and even then sometimes the light flickers causing a mode change - I have to tighten to on then back off slightly to be able to use momentary. I've swapped Z41 tailcaps and the issue persists, alternatively the swapped tailcap works fine in a Malkoff. Anything I can try? I compared the Torchlab Triple to a Malkoff and the length - including spring - appears to be identical.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LowFlux View Post
    I did some searching before posting this...didn't find an answer...

I recently had a few bodies bored by you and a few Zero Rez tailcaps installed. Everything is working great, except I have some trouble with using momentary when I using the Torchlab Triple drop-in. I have no problems with momentary when I use Malkoff drop-ins. With the Torchlab Triple I have to mash down as hard as I can and even then sometimes the light flickers causing a mode change - I have to tighten to on then back off slightly to be able to use momentary. I've swapped Z41 tailcaps and the issue persists, alternatively the swapped tailcap works fine in a Malkoff. Anything I can try? I compared the Torchlab Triple to a Malkoff and the length - including spring - appears to be identical.

Thanks!
    The TorchLab light engines have a heavy guage spring to reduce resistance through the spring and to create a solid contact at the battery.
    This results in a a heavy duty feel.
    The Zero Rez mod is not required for the TorchLab engines, or for any Malkoff engines.
    You may see a marginal reduction in resistance when using it with the TorchLab engines, but it is certainly not needed.
    The Zero Rez are built for demanding (usually single cell, low voltage) high current engines.

Because of the electronics in the TorchLab engines, we achieve high outputs with under 3A current draw from the cells.
    The Zero Rez is more useful with engines requiring more than 3-4 Amps.

Thank You for your support.

Yeah I intentionally overbuilt the tail with the Zero Rez and knew the warnings, but figured I'd ask. I'll consider a McClicky, or a ZeroRez shorty for added runtime.

Right now I am not running any high current engines but figured that someday I will

Love your UCL Frosted lens.

Moddoolar heads and SF C/P heads use the same size lens right?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Moddoolar heads and SF C/P heads use the same size lens right?
    Yup. One size/model does both families. You can buy a lens with/for one and use it with/for the other.

So, Moddoolar lens <-> Z44 lens, differences are in the o rings and bezel rings only.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Awesome, my 219 Moddoolar head is rocking a frosted. What a smooooth beam.

Question: Why don't you offer the Delrin Bezel Rings in the drop down lists when you order a Bezel?

We do, on the G2 and G3 pages. If there is interest, I can add them to the metal lights as well.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Enlightened

Awesome, my 219 Moddoolar head is rocking a frosted. What a smooooth beam.
    May we see some beamshots of a frosted 219?

Default R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Hi, i saw your elzetta hosts and I would like to know which of your led engines would fit in it. I saw as well the high-low tailcap, how can this match with a multimode LE?
    Thank you

Default Re: R: Oveready / TorchLAB - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by rioimmagina View Post
    Hi, i saw your elzetta hosts and I would like to know which of your led engines would fit in it. I saw as well the high-low tailcap, how can this match with a multimode LE?
    Thank you
    Hi mate

I've got an Elzetta 2-cell host, and can say that they are made specifically for Malkoff p60 drop-ins. The two-stage tailcaps are made for the single-mode Malkoff drop-ins, thereby providing a High/Low mode depending on whether you tighten or loosen the tailcap when clicking.

They're absolutely great compact hosts for Malkoffs, and are my preference compared to regular Surefire hosts.

Cheers

It will also do Malkoff's latest drop in, the M361/N LMH multistage offering.
    When used in conjunction with the Hilo tailcap, you actually get 6 distinct levels.
    From a super low sub lumens right up to the max of 300 plus lumens.
    Pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    It will also do Malkoff's latest drop in, the M361/N LMH multistage offering.
    When used in conjunction with the Hilo tailcap, you actually get 6 distinct levels.
    From a super low sub lumens right up to the max of 300 plus lumens.
    Pretty amazing.
    Sounds good Ben! I suspected so but don't have the LMH multistage to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by d337944 View Post
    Hi mate

I've got an Elzetta 2-cell host, and can say that they are made specifically for Malkoff p60 drop-ins. The two-stage tailcaps are made for the single-mode Malkoff drop-ins, thereby providing a High/Low mode depending on whether you tighten or loosen the tailcap when clicking.

They're absolutely great compact hosts for Malkoffs, and are my preference compared to regular Surefire hosts.

Cheers
    Thank you fella, i like them a lot and this might be my ultimate graal for 18650 sized operation light.
    Nevertheless, the malkoff options in term of drop in don't suit me. There are other solutions out there?

The ultimate 18650 for me, and many here, is OVEREADY's own Moddoolar line. A 18500 slim body with a Zero-Rez shorty tailcap with your choice of Moddoolar head runs great on a 18650 and is as compact as they come. Only bummer is there is no clip solution, yet.

The ultimate 18650 for me, and many here, is OVEREADY's own Moddoolar line. A 18500 slim body with a Zero-Rez shorty tailcap with your choice of Moddoolar head runs great on a 18650 and is as compact as they come. Only bummer is there is no clip solution, yet.
    Sure the moddoolar looks very good, but as utility torch I'd rather simpler design, easy to clean and though against abuse.
    I find also very pleasant the nichia 219 beam, especially in triple configuration, perfect for inspecting stuff (and unbeatable for checking the food during cooking).

We don't bother to make stuff that won't hold up to years of heavy use

Moddoolar aren't designed to look good. They are designed to survive. If they look good doing it, all the better.

Here's our tester, after 100+ hits to concrete (from 8ft):

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 05-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Moddoolar aren't designed to look good. They are designed to survive. If they look good doing it, all the better.

These accurately portray my expressions after looking at those photos.

Quote Originally Posted by rioimmagina View Post
    Sure the moddoolar looks very good, but as utility torch I'd rather simpler design, easy to clean and tough against abuse.
    Ummmm, see two posts up.

WOW!!!!!

Wow. I need to have a look at this and discover it.

Electronguru, I've been looking at the lights on the oveready sight, and I want something similar to what is in the last picture you posted. Do you guys still offer a tail cap like that one that has a clip on it or would I have to go another route? The lights look like they are the perfect lights, except for the clip issue. Can you tell me what options I would have. I want a body that fits 18650 or two 18350 batteries. Thanks for any help
    mud_slinger

The light above features a Triad tailcap. We currently have those only in GID, none clip:

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar-c-.../prod_260.html

Tom is working on more black Triads but has hit several production delays. We are hoping to have them ready late summer. When so, Moddoolar Pockets will be available as shown above.

The TL65 bodies support 18650 or two 18350, with all tailcap configurations.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast