RofisLight        
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    ... I think a lot of folks would LOVE a more affordable single emitter version...even if that version maxed out around 500 lumens...
    Seconded. I've been looking for exactly this light - with a 90+ CRI Nichia 219c.

Flashaholic*

I would be interested in a simplified BOSS.

Flashaholic*

I see there was a new tir P60 drop-in that was realease... just saying there is a big void for single led, multi mode, multi cell drop ins. show the 9P owners some love!

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    I think I posted my BOSS want someplace else (FB?) so sorry if this is repetitive. I'd like to see a sort of "blue-collar" BOSS. A less expensive, less powerful & simpler variant. I think a lot of folks would LOVE a more affordable single emitter version...even if that version maxed out around 500 lumens. The body, head and tail design is simply beautiful perfection. A true work of art. I just wouldn't mind seeing a less expensive option with the same beautiful physical body design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi_is_blue View Post
    Seconded. I've been looking for exactly this light - with a 90+ CRI Nichia 219c.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    I would be interested in a simplified BOSS.
    We may be able to make such a thing but it may not make sense.

The v5 driver itself is only a quarter of the cost of the BOSS, so making a BOSS with no actual driver at all would still be $300+. Making it meaningfully cheaper then would require taking out some of the physical details that make BOSS so good/desirable, like the complicated triad tail. After which it won't be BOSS anymore.

This light we just released is single XPL and about half the cost of a BOSS 35. Which features would you want to add back in?

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    I see there was a new tir P60 drop-in that was realease... just saying there is a big void for single led, multi mode, multi cell drop ins. show the 9P owners some love!
    Thats not a request I see much but we'll have a look!
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-13-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Flashaholic*

if it's not an offering then I would pay a premium for a one off. I'm just looking for a high/ low that's compatible with 2 l-ion cells in my 9P (ice blue, by you). triples are cool and all, but single emitters are the bees knees

Flashaholic*

im still hoping for a OR spotter. its seems that the malkoff hound dog super has filled the void surefire left when they discontinued their larger TIR lights but would still like to see what the OR gang could come up with.

We've had a good response to the new DIP series and can potentially make some larger and more sophisticated to compliment it!
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    We've had a good response to the new DIP series and can potentially make some larger and more sophisticated to compliment it!
    i wont hold my breath as i know the BOSS lights are your cash cows now; however, i may still bring up the idea every few months or so. did yall ever make more of the DIP engines after the initial batch of 6? ive yet to see a beamshot of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    i wont hold my breath as i know the BOSS lights are your cash cows now; however, i may still bring up the idea every few months or so. did yall ever make more of the DIP engines after the initial batch of 6? ive yet to see a beamshot of those things.
    The scarcity created by BOSS is mostly about who builds the heads and how much time he has. He also builds things like Moddoolar so those things are directly effected. DIP are built by a completely separate person so BOSS has a much smaller impact.

You can actually see this in the second value of part numbers on the website. Heres the one for Triad: F2-TL-C-Triad-NT. TL makes the BOSS and the Triad so there hasn't been room for both. Meanwhile, anything without a TL is made by someone else so its easier to make at the same time, including DIP.

Our original DIP batch was over 10 but still inadequate to meet demand. Batch 2 will be much larger and if those sell out batch 3 will be even larger.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 01-05-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

I’m just here dying for a WASP
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

How about one of these in a DIP?

Synios KW DLMQ31.SG

or

Oslon Black Flat

or

XHP35HI

or isn't Cree coming out with some small bright emitter?

Something with a nice color temperature and tint though.

Flashaholic*

a large diameter Fresnel lens would be cool looking

Any chance we may someday see an option for warmer tints like 3500K or 3200k in the triples? The 4000K hi CRI is where it's at for me right now, but something a little warmer would be a dream/Grail light for me.

Just dreaming out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I’m just here dying for a WASP
    You and I both!

Maybe a boss with a rotary dialer will be great please?

Any chance for different color secondary leds? Uv?

Quote Originally Posted by boafish View Post
    Any chance for different color secondary leds? Uv?
    That’s an interesting idea.

+1. I've been using the BOSS 219c a lot outdoors and I find it too cool/white(not enough contrast between greens&browns). My favorite outdoor light is my HDS XPG 3700k HCRI which looks almost exactly like incan.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Any chance we may someday see an option for warmer tints like 3500K or 3200k in the triples? The 4000K hi CRI is where it's at for me right now, but something a little warmer would be a dream/Grail light for me.

Just dreaming out loud.

How about a holster for the Z70's......

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I'd love a AA (14500) BOSS in the original patina finish!
    Another vote for a 14500 version.

I would go for a Torchlab Triple V5 E/Scout Head in machine finish titanium!
    Thanks, CPF!

I strongly suggest diversifying your BOSS finishes and keeping a few options in stock (instead of only one option at the time) ie there should be Ti raw, Ti frost, Ti polished, Al raw, Al anodized etc. Also, please do a Zirc run of BOSS!

Can you provide more info about Zirconium flashlights(ie characteristics, pros, cons, etc)? Or at least links to read. I tried searching(CPF+Google) but nothing really came up.

Quote Originally Posted by ridnovir View Post
    I strongly suggest diversifying your BOSS finishes and keeping a few options in stock (instead of only one option at the time) ie there should be Ti raw, Ti frost, Ti polished, Al raw, Al anodized etc. Also, please do a Zirc run of BOSS!

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    Can you provide more info about Zirconium ....
    Zr is a metal that can be treated to form a very hard and dark ceramic finish.

It has become a popular "fad" material for EDC items recently, especially custom knives.

It is expensive however ... which could be considered either a "pro" or a "con" I suppose (lol)
    Last edited by archimedes; 03-20-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by ridnovir View Post
    The BOSS is produced by a very small group, I would imagine if they could do what you’re suggesting they would.
    I think they’ve outdone themselves as it is.
    This is just my opinion though.

Time to up the game to Quads. You're a talented group, I think you've just pushed the current LED's to the brink. Until we get better LED's and the batteries to support them Quads might be the next mile stone. Speaking of batteries 20700 might be the size to mix current loads with capacity. So far your still one to two steps ahead of the rest.

Flashaholic

Is there a tool to remove a

Brass E/Scout Adapter for Moddoolar Heads?

I know it says needle nose pliers. But, mine cannot get that sucker out. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurock View Post
    Is there a tool to remove a

Brass E/Scout Adapter for Moddoolar Heads?

I know it says needle nose pliers. But, mine cannot get that sucker out. Thoughts?
    Do you have a pair of snap ring pliers or perhaps a pair of sturdy scissors that you could use?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by boafish View Post
    Do you have a pair of snap ring pliers or perhaps a pair of sturdy scissors that you could use?
    Thanks!

Tried everything. It is stuck. Just to be sure, it removes counterclockwise, right? Any suggestions, Oveready team?

I have one of the DIP P60 mules on the way and I think the format is perfect for my needs. Will we see a return of the TIR optic version? I missed out on the first run and I'm kicking myself.

And would it be too crazy to ask for an E series/Scout head using the same system? In the same way you made a Triple v5 as a complete E-compatible head, I think a basic single-emitter dip switch programmable E head would be absolutely killer for my current lego setup. Thanks!
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910