Angryfox        
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

I would like to see a 'Tactical' version of your TorchLAB H1/H3 Triple drop in. And H2 if you will - something that is High/Low only, or High/Strobe only, but always comes on at high mode. And I would like the strobe to not just flash all 3 at once, but randomly bounce around the three LED's one or two at a time. I always thought triple LED lights that had a strobe that just flashed all 3 the same at the same time was a waste of possibilities.

Alternately, if you could program it to match the HDS/NovaTac 'Tactical' UI, that would be awesome.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    I would like to see a 'Tactical' version of your TorchLAB H1/H3 Triple drop in. And H2 if you will - something that is High/Low only, or High/Strobe only, but always comes on at high mode. And I would like the strobe to not just flash all 3 at once, but randomly bounce around the three LED's one or two at a time. I always thought triple LED lights that had a strobe that just flashed all 3 the same at the same time was a waste of possibilities.
    You're asking three questions:

1) Its possible to make a 2 mode Triple but not yet practical to produce it. We are working on options.

2) Our power systems operate the three LEDs as a single package. It would offer several capabilities, but redesigning the board with 3 independent drivers would greatly increase costs.

3) Yours is the third request (out of thousands) we've had for strobe. So its not been a high priority, but I'll see what we can do.

Sorry...
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    You're asking three questions:

1) Its possible to make a 2 mode Triple but not yet practical to produce it. We are working on options.

2) Our power systems operate the three LEDs as a single package. It would offer several capabilities, but redesigning the board with 3 independent drivers would greatly increase costs.

3) Yours is the third request (out of thousands) we've had for strobe. So its not been a high priority, but I'll see what we can do.

Sorry...
    No worries, but it never hurts to ask. A strobe is a nice feature, but not a deal breaker for me.

BTW, are single level triples going to be produced again? This seems to be the most tactical of your offerings.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    are single level triples going to be produced again? This seems to be the most tactical of your offerings.
    H1 and H3 are our standard models. Tom is making more H1 this week, with an ETA of next week!
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

More Brass!!! I'm loving the TL20's, please please please make at least a TL65 or 50 in brass...

They would be heavy, yes, but man they would be great... I would swap my EDC TL65 aluminum tube in a heartbeat.

Of course, if a production run is out of the question, but you're feeling sorry for me and would be willing to machine a one off TL65 tube... PM me with a price.

Hi Dan. Haven't posted in awhile, but I figured I'd post here rather than send a private e-mail just in case others were wondering the same things.
    1) How about a 2x26650 OR Defense Light, like FM originally offered? Would be nice to have a longer lasting option for the triples. Or even a 26650 extension tube?
    2) How about a Zero-Rez option for the OR Defense Light tail cap, to use for the direct drive XM-L2 M2 head? I actually do use the existing McClicky on the OR Defense Light for the DD XM-L2 head, despite your warnings. Seems to work fine. No tailcap spring heat issues after 20+ minutes of continuous runtime, and output seems the same as a Zero-Rez on the C2 body to my eyes.
    Thanks for the great lights, and incomparable customer service.
    k-2
    Last edited by k-2; 03-17-2013 at 02:52 AM.

H1 and H3 are our standard models. Tom is making more H1 this week, with an ETA of next week!
    Been busy around here with the new baby, etc. Going to get some more triples completed this coming week. Dan will get them a few days later.
    Thanks all for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darvis View Post
    More Brass!!! I'm loving the TL20's, please please please make at least a TL65 or 50 in brass...

They would be heavy, yes, but man they would be great... I would swap my EDC TL65 aluminum tube in a heartbeat.

Of course, if a production run is out of the question, but you're feeling sorry for me and would be willing to machine a one off TL65 tube... PM me with a price.
    Brass parts are a possiblility if done along side an aluminum run of the same part. We may be able to honor your request sometime this year. No promises yet. But we are listening.

Quote Originally Posted by k-2 View Post
    Hi Dan. Haven't posted in awhile, but I figured I'd post here rather than send a private e-mail just in case others were wondering the same things.
    1) How about a 2x26650 OR Defense Light, like FM originally offered? Would be nice to have a longer lasting option for the triples. Or even a 26650 extension tube?
    The technology in the current 26650 cells is still far behind the 18650 market. The best 26650 cell is only about 15% more capacity than the 3400mAh Panasonic 18650 cell. At the same time, the 26650 is double the volume and weight of the 18650 cell.
    We are keeping our eyes on the technology. If we find a significant advantage to offering a 26mm cell option, we will produce it.
    Yes, the fatter 26mm form factor can be nice sometimes, if it were even close to twice the capacity, we would have offered them by now.

EDIT: it looks like there may be a somewhat decent cell that is fairly new.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Ah-(Dark-blue)

looks like a bit more than 30% more capacity than the Panasonic 3400 18650.
    We will get some for testing.
    Always watching for new tech that can improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by k-2 View Post
    2) How about a Zero-Rez option for the OR Defense Light tail cap, to use for the direct drive XM-L2 M2 head? I actually do use the existing McClicky on the OR Defense Light for the DD XM-L2 head, despite your warnings. Seems to work fine. No tailcap spring heat issues after 20+ minutes of continuous runtime, and output seems the same as a Zero-Rez on the C2 body to my eyes.
    Thanks for the great lights, and incomparable customer service.
    k-2
    A flashlight is a system of components working together to bring light to our eyes.
    The M2-XM-L2 head was designed for the system we advertise, and we stand behind the product when used in that configuration.
    It will deliver amazing performance for many years when used correctly.

There are dozens of combinations possible, many will not be safe for 1 or more reasons.

Your mcclicky switch is throttling back the potential 7-10 amps that the 26650 cell MAY be trying to offer the LED. (26650 cell quality differs greatly amongst different manufacturers)

The spring is getting quite hot in there and it may eventually melt the plastic. Unscrewing the tail to check it allows plenty of time for the spring to cool.

This head is designed to reliably offer maximum illuminance from the latest XM-L2 in the smallest package possible.
    It is unrivaled in this area.

Thank You for your support.

-Tom
    Last edited by Moddoo; 03-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks Tom.
    As I said, incomparable customer service.
    k-2

Enlightened

Do you ever considered copper/Ti tailcap shrouds for A2 L1 L2 LX2? I bet it would be in great demand!

Flashaholic

Default Re: A suggestion for a new part.

How about a brass ring to put a McClicky in a streamlight polytac? The surefire brass ring is almost an exact fit but the thread is different.

I would donate a streamlight switch for R&D.
    Coming soon: Killer light reviews by Cereal_Killer - foursevens burst mode lights. |my lights|

Quote Originally Posted by uhsodium View Post
    Do you ever considered copper/Ti tailcap shrouds for A2 L1 L2 LX2?
    We actually made a whole batch, in different metals. But were not happy with the result and scrapped the entire run. We are having another go soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
    How about a brass ring to put a McClicky in a streamlight polytac? The surefire brass ring is almost an exact fit but the thread is different.
    We are currently looking at options for the R1 Lawman. The Polytac should be doable, what sort of operation does it have that you want to change it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
    I would donate a streamlight switch for R&D.
    PM Sent.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

I'd like a Moddoolar to Malkoff adapter ring so I could use a Hound-Dog head on the TL130 body.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll see what we can do.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

More glow moddolar parts, bodies heads bezels ect.

Quote Originally Posted by pimaxc View Post
    More glow moddolar parts, bodies heads bezels ect.
    Its certainly possible, but logistically difficult. We are already struggling to keep a full variety of parts available in black and natural. A third complete color would stretch things further, with greater risk of stock outs. The GID Triads were meant as a special application additional/alternative part. When sold out, we don't plan to make more.

Special colors are best left to complete lights vs parts systems like the Moddoolar. The same goes for special metals. Sorry.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Would it possible to order custom glow parts then?

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

With all these 1xAA lights out now, (Zebralight SC52, Quark AA's, Ti Flutes, McGizmo AA offerings, Peak AA's, etc) I would love to see a delrin 1xAA battery holder, slimmer designed for only AA's, not 17500/18500.

Please make this.

Its a good idea, mostly a logistics challenge. The trickiest part to make is the cap and a 14mm body would require its own.

These are proving a popular item and new options are in the works, smaller additions first. So not this year, but perhaps next.

Maybe a 1AA and 2AA, two models with the same cap and broader demand.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

I'm a patient man. Whenever u guys make, I will buy!

Either a 1X18350 or a 1x18650 rides on my keys 24/7, depending on the light I'm carrying. Great product.

Quote Originally Posted by uhsodium View Post
    Do you ever considered copper/Ti tailcap shrouds for A2 L1 L2 LX2?!
    Ready to ship:

Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Ready to ship:

any option in the futur for these in delrin, with straight edges (lower tailstanding capability, more blended into the original design)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    With all these 1xAA lights out now, (Zebralight SC52, Quark AA's, Ti Flutes, McGizmo AA offerings, Peak AA's, etc) I would love to see a delrin 1xAA battery holder, slimmer designed for only AA's, not 17500/18500.

Please make this.
    +++1

I would also love to see an Oveready/Torchlab AA light. Either 2 AA or one AA. Clicky. Comes on in low at 10 lumens. High with good runtime. Can use any battery chemistry.

FaithinGod
    Last edited by FaithinGod; 06-29-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Here is a small modification for the Oveready Bezel Tool Kit: A Nylon Washer! I ordered the kit after using one that was similar to the Xeno wand type. While it's gorgeous to look and made of Titanium, it's very unwieldy to use. Advice: get the Oveready kit. Get a 3/8" socket drive for cheap at a local pawn shop like I did and then you won't have to keep going out to the garage or car to get one.

Problem: My socket wrench stem was pushing through the sticker and starting to press against the glass whenever I installed a new bezel. LOVE THOSE BEZEL RINGS! Hmmm...what to do? After some thinking, the idea came to me...I need something that would add just a bit more room to the space between the tip of the socket stem and the bezel glass. I didn't want to put something in there. A thicker O-ring would work, but where does a guy get one of those? File down the socket stem? Nawww. Then it came to me...a SPACER!

Pictures!

here is the kit, the 3/8" socket wrench, and the nylon spacer/washer. Any size will do as long as the inside diameter is a 1/2" to fit over the socket wrench stem. The nylon is thinner and lighter than a metal washer. Cost about 30 cents at Ace Hardware.

The washer/spacer on the wrench

washer/spacer and O-ring

Left to Right: Wrench, Nylon Washer/Spacer, O-ring, and Oveready Bezel Install Tool all together and ready to use!

Hope this helps with customizing your Surefire!
    Be a Light In the Universe

Hello,
    Do you have any plan of producing a moddoolar head with a direct-driven NW XM-L2? Would it have a tighter beam than a triple?
    I'd like to see such a head to combine it with a 500 mm body and a ZRS tailcap for 18650 usage.

Quote Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
    Hello,
    Do you have any plan of producing a moddoolar head with a direct-driven NW XM-L2? Would it have a tighter beam than a triple?
    I'd like to see such a head to combine it with a 500 mm body and a ZRS tailcap for 18650 usage.
    We try not to comment on future products. When you hear about new parts, they are available for sale.

The setup in the M2-XML2 heads does have a tighter beam than a triple XP-G2.

We are always working on new things for you guys.
    Thanks for your support

Flashaholic

Drop-in identification rings.

One of the things I really like about the Moddoolar heads is that you can see what light engine is inside by looking at the engraving through the lens. Would you consider doing something similar for your drop-ins? If engraving the light engine isn't feasible, how about making engraved thin washers/rings that would fit between the light engine and lens so someone could easily tell what's inside.

Hi, I need a tail standing tailcap made by solid Delrin. Triad or something slim diamondback style tail standing.
    Please please make it.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by himashyou View Post
    Hi, I need a tail standing tailcap made by solid Delrin. Triad or something slim diamondback style tail standing.
    Please please make it.
    thanks.
    You could use a derlin DB tailcap with a zero res shorty

We've considered making a Triad out of Delrin and do now have the capability. However, they don't cost less than various metals to produce - most of which is the machine time to cut all the various angles. Given the choice, most would rather have aluminum at the same price.

We'll start an exploration to see if another design will strike a better balance between features and cost.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Hi,thank you for your reply.
    I hope that a better solution is found quickly. Please.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast