NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 319

Thread: Suggestions - Oveready / TorchLAB

  1. #91
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Regarding the existing flashlight bodies - regular 1 inch and slims, are there going to be any other body types in the future - maybe something like a SF LU10 but instead of the M3 head, it should be compatible with the P60/C-head. Your regular P60/C-head adapter could have fins put on it and your standard 1 inch body can have the flats milled into the sides. Easier said then done no doubt, lol.

    Since I cringe every time I screw the tailcap onto my bare-threaded C2, and since the above suggestion is difficult and expensive to accomplish, can you provide a service to coat the bare tailcap threads of my SF-C2 such as nickel plating or HA? I assume there would be a thread or two at the base which will not get coated due to the required masking operation to protect the existing HA, but that would be acceptable. Thanks.
    Last edited by carl; 09-27-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  2. #92
    Flashaholic* Moddoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Hi Carl,


    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Regarding the existing flashlight bodies - regular 1 inch and slims, are there going to be any other body types in the future - maybe something like a SF LU10 but instead of the M3 head, it should be compatible with the P60/C-head. Your regular P60/C-head adapter could have fins put on it and your standard 1 inch body can have the flats milled into the sides. Easier said then done no doubt, lol.
    We do not plan to make a part like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Since I cringe every time I screw the tailcap onto my bare-threaded C2, and since the above suggestion is difficult and expensive to accomplish, can you provide a service to coat the bare tailcap threads of my SF-C2 such as nickel plating or HA? I assume there would be a thread or two at the base which will not get coated due to the required masking operation to protect the existing HA, but that would be acceptable. Thanks.
    We do not offer this type of service.
    We do have some custom hardcoated hosts in stock that have anodized threads.

    http://www.oveready.com/a-hosts/surefire/cat_6.html
    Last edited by Moddoo; 09-27-2013 at 12:45 PM.

  3. #93
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Will you eventually be incorporating finger grooves on your regular non-slim tubes like the SF 6PX?
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  4. #94
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,861

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    y'all should consider putting in an email "back in stock" notification system. I realize that, based on how y'all release some things, that you might not prefer to implement this type of thing for, say, the Nichia 219 Rotary HDS lights, but for things like M2 turboheads, the triple LED Torchlab P60s, Silva's P60 mules (granted, it does seem that y'all have indicated the very last run is coming up soon though ), etc.

    secondly, I think the shopping cart page's menu (useful links) needs to be re-ordered. currently it is:
    USEFUL LINKS
    Edit Invoice Address
    Edit Delivery Address
    Empty Basket
    Continue Shopping
    Previous Page
    Homepage
    I think it'd really work well like this (speaking strictly in my own opinion), bold and colored text indicates changes :
    USEFUL LINKS
    Homepage
    Continue Shopping
    Edit Invoice Address
    Edit Delivery Address
    ((new line break))
    Previous Page
    ((new line break))
    ((new line break))
    Empty Basket
    Or put new line breaks in between each menu list item and put a second or third line break to separate the "Empty Basket" link. I think the "empty basket" part should be further away so the cart is much less likely to be emptied by an accidental/wrong click (believe me, it happened to me about 5 times till I learned to account for it lol). Plus, the last thing any e-business wants is for its customers to empty their cart, right? We want them to keep in mind, "hey this product is something I'd like/would consider buying/etc."

    your thoughts?
    Last edited by tobrien; 10-22-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  5. #95
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Yeah, you make a few valid points there Tucker.
    Even if the "Back in Stock" items aren't mailed out, maybe have a specific menu for this like "latest Arrivals" or some such.


    WTB:
    Mac Tri EDC Copper & Aluminium / Surefire 6P Safety Orange

  6. #96

    Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    I just thought I would mention I like the new high output Elzetta lights but it would be very nice if you made an adapter for the new Elzetta heads to work with your torchlabs body. I would like the new Elzetta head on a 2x 18650 setup. It seems like the modular design of both might complement each other nicely.

  7. #97

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Will you eventually be incorporating finger grooves on your regular non-slim tubes like the SF 6PX?
    We're always looking for ways to improve what we make but will probably not being matching SF X bodies.


    Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    y'all should consider putting in an email "back in stock" notification system. I realize that, based on how y'all release some things, that you might not prefer to implement this type of thing for, say, the Nichia 219 Rotary HDS lights, but for things like M2 turboheads, the triple LED Torchlab P60s, Silva's P60 mules (granted, it does seem that y'all have indicated the very last run is coming up soon though ), etc.

    secondly, I think the shopping cart page's menu (useful links) needs to be re-ordered. currently it is:

    I think it'd really work well like this (speaking strictly in my own opinion), bold and colored text indicates changes :

    Or put new line breaks in between each menu list item and put a second or third line break to separate the "Empty Basket" link. I think the "empty basket" part should be further away so the cart is much less likely to be emptied by an accidental/wrong click (believe me, it happened to me about 5 times till I learned to account for it lol). Plus, the last thing any e-business wants is for its customers to empty their cart, right? We want them to keep in mind, "hey this product is something I'd like/would consider buying/etc."

    your thoughts?
    As good as our cart system looks, its not terribly flexible. I'll research options, but individual product notifications are probably not possible. Same with the basket sort order but I will be checking.

    Silva wants to make more mules and we want to carry them. The only question is demand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    Yeah, you make a few valid points there Tucker.
    Even if the "Back in Stock" items aren't mailed out, maybe have a specific menu for this like "latest Arrivals" or some such.
    Ready:

    http://www.oveready.com/new-restocked/cat_84.html


    Quote Originally Posted by BU2(SCW) View Post
    I just thought I would mention I like the new high output Elzetta lights but it would be very nice if you made an adapter for the new Elzetta heads to work with your torchlabs body. I would like the new Elzetta head on a 2x 18650 setup. It seems like the modular design of both might complement each other nicely.
    The diameters may work, but there should be a direct solution. We'll take a look.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  8. #98
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Any plans for a shrouded tailstanding version of your DB tailcap? This part would provide a slimmer, more compact, lighter, and (presumably) more economical and much simpler-to-produce alternative to your beautiful Triad, and also a DB pattern to match the tube which would be a nice touch.

    A straightforward version would be one exactly like your current DB tailcap, perhaps slightly flared out at the tail-end (right after the circular groove on your current DB tailcap design), thus still allowing for a comfortable Surefire/Rogers grip since the far end of the tailcap will be smooth-ish and won't have protruding surfaces.
    Last edited by carl; 11-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  9. #99
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,051

    Default Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Great idea Carl!!

  10. #100
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    PSM - Thanks for your vote of confidence
    Last edited by carl; 11-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  11. #101
    Flashaholic* Moddoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Any plans for a shrouded tailstanding version of your DB tailcap? This part would provide a slimmer, more compact, lighter, and (presumably) more economical and much simpler-to-produce alternative to your beautiful Triad, and also a DB pattern to match the tube which would be a nice touch.

    A straightforward version would be one exactly like your current DB tailcap, perhaps slightly flared out at the tail-end (right after the circular groove on your current DB tailcap design), thus still allowing for a comfortable Surefire/Rogers grip since the far end of the tailcap will be smooth-ish and won't have protruding surfaces.

    Thanks for the input guys. We are always happy to hear from you.

    We are considering something similar but have not settled on a design.
    Development continues, but without an ETA. We’ll update you and Insiders of any results
    .

  12. #102

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    The diameters may work, but there should be a direct solution. We'll take a look.[/QUOTE]

    Not to be pushy but was this Elzetta 2X18650 question ever sorted out?

  13. #103

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by BU2(SCW) View Post
    Not to be pushy but was this Elzetta 2X18650 question ever sorted out?
    Not ignoring you. Just so many big projects, were having trouble fitting in. I should know more next year.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  14. #104
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    This question has probably been asked before but is there any work toward developing a switch which is shorter than the McClicky to make for a shorter light (either a mechanical or electronic switch - HDS has a reliable electronic switch so it shows it can be done) - and with a flat rubber pushbutton like the HDS tailstanding version?

    Or a McClicky with the spring removed (and the spring replaced by a short metal button soldered to the metal base) and installed into a slightly deeper tailcap plus an 18500 tube to still fit a 18650 battery?

    Just throwing out some overly simplistic ideas no doubt - maybe too much trouble to shorten the length by a few mills but just trying to expand on your ZRS idea to include clickys.
    Last edited by carl; 11-25-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  15. #105
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South East Kentucky
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    A side by side 2x18650 host to run an MT-G2 drop in would be nice.

  16. #106
    Flashaholic* Moddoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    This question has probably been asked before but is there any work toward developing a switch which is shorter than the McClicky to make for a shorter light (either a mechanical or electronic switch - HDS has a reliable electronic switch so it shows it can be done) - and with a flat rubber pushbutton like the HDS tailstanding version?

    Or a McClicky with the spring removed (and the spring replaced by a short metal button soldered to the metal base) and installed into a slightly deeper tailcap plus an 18500 tube to still fit a 18650 battery?

    Just throwing out some overly simplistic ideas no doubt - maybe too much trouble to shorten the length by a few mills but just trying to expand on your ZRS idea to include clickys.
    We are exploring some new switch ideas.
    We cannot comment on exactly what they will be yet.
    Thanks for the input.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullyson View Post
    A side by side 2x18650 host to run an MT-G2 drop in would be nice.
    Side by side form factor might be nice. It does present some challenges. To do it in a compact way, would require expensive manufacturing techniques.
    We do not have anything in the works at this time.

  17. #107
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    I would like the ODL in a 2 x 26650 or an extension to the 1x26650 body to make it a 2 cell.
    Any chance?

  18. #108

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Alje View Post
    I would like the ODL in a 2 x 26650 or an extension to the 1x26650 body to make it a 2 cell.
    Any chance?
    If we make a second batch, that is totally possible. But batches need to be pretty large and the first batch is lasting longer than expected. It will come how much demand we see after they sell out.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  19. #109
    Unenlightened mthayr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: A suggestion for a new part.

    Moodoo clip for HDS clicky in stainless AlTiN (to match the beautiful HDS Nichia 219 I just bought from you )
    ---
    "Our aim is to eradicate, eliminate, and get rid of all forms of redundancy..."

  20. #110
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,460

    Default Re: A suggestion for a new part.

    Just an idea for your smoothie heads: Cut a large, broad DB pattern similar to the broad DB pattern on your DB delrin tailcap for G2/G2X (not your regular DB pattern on regular delrin tailcap) on your smoothie heads to match the rest of the flashlight.


    Thank you.
    Last edited by carl; 03-08-2014 at 01:55 AM.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

  21. #111
    yoyoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Switzerland/Scarsdale
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: A suggestion for a new part.

    ^ wow, DB from head to tail would be very nice.

  22. #112

    Default Re: A suggestion for a new part.

    Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Just an idea for your smoothie heads: Cut a large, broad DB pattern similar to the broad DB pattern on your DB delrin tailcap for G2/G2X
    Thank you for the idea. We'll do a feasibility study. The key will be making the groves deep useful without making the bezel wider.
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  23. #113
    Flashaholic* psychbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SF norcal
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    I'd like to see a C threaded 15mm extension

  24. #114

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by twl View Post
    With the different tube and battery configurations that these Moddoolar lights can have, I wonder if it is possible to make a blank-off cap for covering the threads and o-rings on the head of the tube, so that we can carry our spare battery in the body tube itself without getting dust or damage to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    Then I just need the cap. Something similar to the Peak Eiger body caps.
    All set:
    Control the Dark

    OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

  25. #115
    yoyoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Switzerland/Scarsdale
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    I placed an order 1 day before the Insider came out. Next order is inbound in a day or 2. Perhaps my other request will be realized - partial direct deposit of my paycheck into your account.

  26. #116
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Loop caps ordered. Now just need some for Malkoff bodies!

  27. #117
    Flashaholic* Mattaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,766

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    A smoothy bezel but with the diamond back pattern (so to match a setup using a TL tube and DB tail cap) would look insane.

    Just sayin'

  28. #118
    nfetterly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati area, but lots of travel
    Posts
    3,667

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    A smoothy bezel but with the diamond back pattern (so to match a setup using a TL tube and DB tail cap) would look insane.

    Just sayin'
    Yep I agree....


  29. #119
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,861

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    A smoothy bezel but with the diamond back pattern (so to match a setup using a TL tube and DB tail cap) would look insane.

    Just sayin'
    that sounds awesome
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  30. #120
    Flashaholic* Mattaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,766

    Default Re: Oveready / TorchLAB - Suggestions

    Finally ordered my smoothy bezel and DB tailcap to go with my TL65 tube. When they arrive I'll be assembling and then taking a few photos in preparation for a photoshop session - I want to know if my idea would look any good or if it would just be overly gaudy.

    - Matt
    Last edited by Mattaus; 08-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •