RofisLight        
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Show your Oveready Collection!

Default Re: Show your Oveready Lights!

Quote Originally Posted by el_Pablo View Post
    Really like your TL50 slim with M2 ronac head!
    Thanks. It is a favorite. With a Vinh crafted XML2 Premium Dedome Tint, direct drive; and the delrin tailcap/zero-res-shorty set for momentary, it is used to clarify what the navigation light can't reach. As an 18650 torch, it shines. (Carried with a lanyard and held in the 'cigar' postion in-hand)

OR Defense Light, OR V4 XP-E2 H3C LMH triple drop-in, hard press McCicky tail switch,solid copper Z32 Cryo cooling head w/stainless smooth bezel ring and ultra clear lens. After receiving the light I found I liked my V3.10 L3N HML XP-G drop-in in this host better.

Last edited by jdboy; 06-10-2014 at 06:33 PM.

IMAG1817 by bmanrkg3, on Flickr
    Bored and GITD Triad tailcap...
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 06-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Last edited by FortyCaliber; 06-18-2014 at 07:55 PM.

2 minute 27 second video to Thank Oveready for their Fine Flashlights

Cool square shaped light output!

WHOA.

I think I've been pronouncing Triad wrong. I've been saying tree-add. Is it try-add??

Anywho cool video man!!

tri·ad
    ˈtrīˌad/

noun: triad; plural noun: triads; noun: Triad

1. a group or set of three connected people or things.
    "the triad of medication, diet, and exercise are necessary in diabetes care"

a chord of three musical notes, consisting of a given note with the third and fifth above it.
    a Welsh form of literary composition with an arrangement of subjects or statements in groups of three.

2. a secret society originating in China, typically involved in organized crime.
    a member of a triad.

Origin
    mid 16th century: from French triade, or via late Latin from Greek trias, triad-, from treis ‘three.’

So it probably started tree-odd and then changed to try-add
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 07-17-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

I think the first time I heard the word Triad was in a movie and they were referring to the Asian mafia. Thought it was pretty awesome that the tail cap shared the same name!
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    WHOA.

I think I've been pronouncing Triad wrong. I've been saying tree-add. Is it try-add??

Anywho cool video man!!

ˈtrīˌad

Just confirmed with teacher-wife that it is a long I and pronounced "try-ad", like trident or trinomial.

No matter how it's pronounced I like 'em!

The Triad tailcap is so great for twist-to-activate lights using only one hand, as well as for momentary. It also bears repeating that the curves on the terminal end aid in accurate alignment of tight beams to illuminate smaller objects at long distances. And the silver/grey color is so nice. Ended up buying a matte stainless crenelated bezel to go with the color of that Triad. With a smooth bezel ring, the middle of the aspheric lens is very close to sticking out enough to get scratched if the flashlight is placed head down on a flat surface.

Other than an MBI HF, all my routine-use flashlights run on 18650's; that compact really fits the hand. Plus, the comfortable 6Z does the multi-mode drivers that need McClickys just, so well.

I'm sure you all have your favorites...

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    tri·ad
    ˈtrīˌad/

noun: triad; plural noun: triads; noun: Triad

1. a group or set of three connected people or things.
    "the triad of medication, diet, and exercise are necessary in diabetes care"

a chord of three musical notes, consisting of a given note with the third and fifth above it.
    a Welsh form of literary composition with an arrangement of subjects or statements in groups of three.

2. a secret society originating in China, typically involved in organized crime.
    a member of a triad.

Origin
    mid 16th century: from French triade, or via late Latin from Greek trias, triad-, from treis ‘three.’

So it probably started tree-odd and then changed to try-add
    Thanks!!

My favorite set up: Moddoolar head, TL20, SF A19 Extender and tail with zero rez shorty. Running on unprotected Panasonic 18650 3400mAh for long runtime or 2x18350 IMR for full output. Some other lights for size comparisons.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a regular TL (length does not matter) tube and a Cryos Standoff slim tailcap? Love to see some pictures of the two together. I'm finally going to finish my Oveready P60 light and am struggling to decide on a tail cap. I like the look of the Diamondback tailcap with the TL tubes, but really want to be able to tail stand my light. The tail standing shrouds are in my opinion ugly (sorry!).

That Cryos slim tailcap looks nice indeed. You do not want to consider an Oveready Triad? It is more stable if you want to tailstand, and offers fine ergonomics during use. The Zero Res option is of course able to tailstand. The Cryos or any of the other two options should make a nice host. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a regular TL (length does not matter) tube and a Cryos Standoff slim tailcap? Love to see some pictures of the two together. I'm finally going to finish my Oveready P60 light and am struggling to decide on a tail cap. I like the look of the Diamondback tailcap with the TL tubes, but really want to be able to tail stand my light. The tail standing shrouds are in my opinion ugly (sorry!).

I considered the triad but its too chunky for my tastes. I prefer a slim look. I am also considering the standard ZeroRes but am wondering if it has the same look as the ZeroRes shorty when installed? I don't think it does because it requires a rivet so mist need a boot to hide it?

Quote Originally Posted by grayhighh View Post
    One of my favorite so far

Very Beautiful!

Ice Blue?

That is correct.

Well, according to the tracking information someone at USPS thought Australia was in Canada, but it arrived nevertheless:

Now I just need to build my special drop-in for it and get a square o-ring for that gap between the body and tail. Not sure if I should go for red to break the color up, or black to keep it looking seamless.

- Matt

Flashaholic*

Matt,
    just curious, what are your building here? It seems like the battery tube space is too long for an 18650 since you are going with the twisty brass insert. Unless your special dropin is extra long and protrudes into the battery space.
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Matt,
    just curious, what are your building here? It seems like the battery tube space is too long for an 18650 since you are going with the twisty brass insert. Unless your special dropin is extra long and protrudes into the battery space.
    He's just being super particular about the appearance and operation of the tailcap. The 15mm added by the ZRS will be 'taken up' by a 15mm spacer.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Matt,
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    He's just being super particular about the appearance and operation of the tailcap. The 15mm added by the ZRS will be 'taken up' by a 15mm spacer.
    Carl,

ElectronGuru is spot on (obviously as he knows what I ordered lol). Just being picky about appearance more than anything. I thought a TL50 would look too short for my taste, plus I already had the TL65. The 'special' drop-in is a normal P60 sized pill, using a super efficient single mode drop-in, mated to an XML2 emitter and McR20s reflector for 3+ hours of 400 lumen light on a single 18650 cell. Single mode is to make things easy given the twisty operation. Still have to build it, but I have more important things to finish first.

Flashaholic*

thanks for the info!
    life's big questions/answers here:
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp
    "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12

Carl,

ElectronGuru is spot on (obviously as he knows what I ordered lol). Just being picky about appearance more than anything. I thought a TL50 would look too short for my taste, plus I already had the TL65. The 'special' drop-in is a normal P60 sized pill, using a super efficient single mode drop-in, mated to an XML2 emitter and McR20s reflector for 3+ hours of 400 lumen light on a single 18650 cell. Single mode is to make things easy given the twisty operation. Still have to build it, but I have more important things to finish first.
    Sorry, what is this "super-efficient" P60 drop-in that gets 3+ hours of 400 lumen on a single 18650 cell? As I look at the specs in my collection, there isn't anything that even comes close.

Where can I get me some of that ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by flashy bazook View Post
    Sorry, what is this "super-efficient" P60 drop-in that gets 3+ hours of 400 lumen on a single 18650 cell? As I look at the specs in my collection, there isn't anything that even comes close.

Where can I get me some of that ?!?
    Its a work in progress. Not necessarily going to make any to sell. Just something for me at this time

Its a work in progress. Not necessarily going to make any to sell. Just something for me at this time
    Good work -- I'll be looking for progress updates!

One question -- this will be regulated output?

Of course. Has to be regulated to squeeze out all the power in the cell.

does anyone have a pic of a Z3 with a black Oveready Triad and a Cryos cooling bezel (any size)?

I'm asking here because OR sells both of the items in question and I'm thinking those two add-ons from Oveready would make my Z3 even more awesome.

(if this isn't the correct thread to ask in please accept my apologies)
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast