EAGTAC        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

Default 1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

Hi guys,
    This thread is about a wave offering of a new Ti 1xAA McClickie pak. I have been sitting on these now for a while hoping to introduce them along with a new converter that is in the works which would allow me to offer them in conjunction with a complete light powered by a single AA (1.5V) battery but the converter is still vapor. However, these paks do host a 14500 Li-Ion cell like some AW brand that I have been using and these cells will power the 3S converter and heads just fine.

1xAA pak and Mule head:

I can't seem to add more images to this post so more will follow (if possible) in additional posts.

The 1xAA pak is 2 15/16 long from tail to the shoulder behind the O-ring; add the length of your intended head for an overall length. The maximum OD of the pak is .850" which is the case at both the switch end and the shoulder behind the head. The bore diameter is .575". The pak without batteries weighs 1.5 oz. The pack, clip and clip screws are all 6-4 Ti.

I am offering these Ti 1xAA McClickie Paks for $170 plus shipping cost. Shipping will be via priority mail or international priority mail unless you request otherwise. For domestic priority mail, you can request insurance if you like and instead of the included delivery confirmation, signature confirmation will be used and you will need to be there to sign. I don't offer insurance on international shipping for a number of reasons.

For general information on how the orders are processed and such, please review This Thread.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an e-mail with
    Ti 1xAA Pak

in the subject line as well as the quantity if more than one.

In the body of the e-mail request, please include:
    CPF name
    Real Name and mailing address & phone #

Any alternate shipping requests or request for insurance

I will respond with a confirmation of order received or a postage notification e-mail or both depending on how quickly I get to the requests and can process them. In the subject line of the postage notification I will include the total and please feel free to submit this amount via PayPal or other means at your earliest convenience.

These will be available on a first order received, first processed basis. In terms of quantity in this wave, at present, I have 20 of these completed, on hand and ready to ship now. There is an additional 30 of them expected from the machine shop. If interest is there, more of these will be ordered and the pak added to my ongoing attempts of wave launching. (I took most of this text from the 2xAA offering if it sounds too familiar)

Thanks guys!

EDIT: There has been some confusion on this 1xAA pak where folks have thought this was a complete light with the Mule head. This offering here is just for the 1xAA McClickie Pak. At this point, you would have the option of using this pak with any of the "E-series" heads (Mule, SunDrop, Haiku and Makai) and you can request the AA converter which id designed for the 1.5V AA batteries or the 3S converter which would require higher input voltage, namely a 14500 Li-Ion be used.
    Last edited by McGizmo; 06-22-2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: clarification
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Default Re: 1xAA McClickie Pak Wave

Line up of McClickie Paks (1x123, 1xAa, 2x123, 2xAA):

Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Regarding inner diameter, these will accept a protected 14500 (but not a 17500)?
    ... is the archimedes peak

Gotta save up some money for one of these! They look awesome, I want one for my EDC Haiku.

Great work as usual Don.

Looks great Don. Can we get a picture with a Haiku head?

Email sent!

Flashaholic*

Email sent. Have been waiting for these for a while.

I only want to use 14500's.

eala

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Looks great Don. Can we get a picture with a Haiku head?
    I must be doing something wrong as I can only occasionally get an image to post now and only one in a post; not multiple. Perhaps I can get the shot posted here in this response.

Well, no I can't. Image:
    http://dmcleish.com/CPF/AA-Pak/_9190056.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Regarding inner diameter, these will accept a protected 14500 (but not a 17500)?
    Correct.

Flashaholic*

Been checking your site regularly, and I'm happy to see an update. A couple more photos are here: http://dmcleish.com/CPF/AA-Pak/index.html
    Chris

If this don't get the hardcore AA guys excited nothing will. Nice addition Don.
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

Yeah. I'll need to order one. Want an AA converter eventually, but this should do for now. I have a decent number of 14500s.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Correct.
    Thanks, eMail sent for one ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

Email sent. Yeehaw!

Flashaholic*

Don,

You are normally lickety split on the email confirmations but I have not seen anything back from you; just wanted to confirm that I am on the list for one of these. If you don't have an email from me, could you let me know and I will resend?

My CPF ID is at the bottom of the email.

If nobody else has heard back, then no worries - you are likely out taking more great photos.

Thanks a million.
    eala

Quote Originally Posted by eala View Post
    Don,

You are normally lickety split on the email confirmations but I have not seen anything back from you; just wanted to confirm that I am on the list for one of these. ...
    Hi ela,
    I did get your request as well as others. I prefer to limit the e-mails to postage notifications that the request has been filled and item(s) in the mail. Yesterday (Sunday) was not a day I could ship anyway and I was otherwise occupied. Today, I have work to do....... You should hear back from me before days end.

Email sent for pack and some extras.

Enlightened

do you happen to have an aleph 1 head you could take a pic of this with, would be much obliged

Got mine yesterday, we have mail delivery but still no power. Post Office folks doing a great job despite downed trees and wires. Thanks, Don! I was pleasantly suprised by the lanyard attachment cutout opposite the clip mounting point, neat addition! :thumbsup

Currently hosting a KX1 head modded with a Q5 emitter and an RV7 driver. Eneloop powered, very similar to E1B on high. Fits nicely in the hand, here's hoping Don's new converter comes through soon!
    Last edited by scout24; 11-03-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Pics or it didn't happen Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by pistolsnipe View Post
    do you happen to have an aleph 1 head you could take a pic of this with, would be much obliged
    I just took a shot of the Aleph 1 on the AA pak and it shows the back side of the tail where the mentioned lanyard slot is:

http://dmcleish.com/CPF/2012-photos/Aleph1-AA.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. I need to find a nice 1 AA circuit!

Here's the pic.

Flashaholic*

I know I have seen those Aleph heads in titanium around. Are they still sold? Do they take the same LE's that Don currently sells?

Thanks,
    eala

EDIT: I found this thread which was helpful with some history:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...x-Aleph-Series
    Last edited by eala; 11-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Sorry, nbp. My picture days will have to wait until I'm not connecting via a phone that's probably a bit smarter than I am... Don takes way better photos, anyhow. Suffice it to say that it's a fantastic splitring attachment point as well!

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Sorry, nbp. My picture days will have to wait until I'm not connecting via a phone that's probably a bit smarter than I am... Don takes way better photos, anyhow. Suffice it to say that it's a fantastic splitring attachment point as well!
    Bah. Hurricane shmuricane.

Forgot you weren't powered. Another time then.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I just took a shot of the Aleph 1 on the AA pak and it shows the back side of the tail where the mentioned lanyard slot is:

http://dmcleish.com/CPF/2012-photos/Aleph1-AA.jpg

thanks for taking the time mcgizmo

That looks lovely. It makes me wish I had a use for AA cells nowadays. Unfortunately I'm all stocked-up on RCR123s thanks to starting my Gizmo collection when they were the only option available. I'm sure they will be popular, though, once 1.5V drivers are available for all the various emitters McGizmo offers.

+1.
    Unless I start getting 14500, I don't really have anything that is E body and runs off a single AA.
    It will proportionally look good on a Makai running 14500 on a 3S LE.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    That looks lovely. It makes me wish I had a use for AA cells nowadays. Unfortunately I'm all stocked-up on RCR123s thanks to starting my Gizmo collection when they were the only option available. I'm sure they will be popular, though, once 1.5V drivers are available for all the various emitters McGizmo offers.

Quote Originally Posted by eala View Post
    I know I have seen those Aleph heads in titanium around. Are they still sold? Do they take the same LE's that Don currently sells?

Thanks,
    eala
    Excellent question. Will the Mule heads be offered at purchase for a complete light? Depending on the head could one run a alkaline AA in this? It almost might be an excellent storm light.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast