Want to make my LD20 a forward clicky

buds224

Enlightened
I've tried searching threads with no success so far, so I'm just going to ask:

Has anyone been successful in changing their LD20 into a forward clicky? Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forward clickies don't really work well with multimode lights, unless you intend to use half presses to change modes - ie, you cannot signal using morse code, for example, except for using the work-around method of flexing the head.

buds224

Enlightened
Forward clickies don't really work well with multimode lights, unless you intend to use half presses to change modes - ie, you cannot signal using morse code, for example, except for using the work-around method of flexing the head.

I have both forward and reverse clicky.....doesn't the problem you mention exist in both type of tail switches? I would also think that forward clicky with half-presses would be easier for signaling than a reverse clicky.

But that's beside the point. I don't think changing my LD20 to forward clicky will effect functionality except allow me to have momentary on as an added feature; which is what I'm after.

:)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a forward clicky that is a multi-mode light, you probably have a second input to change modes like a control ring, side button or twisty bezel (dual mode). A multi-mode like the LD20 with a single clicky won't be able to distinguish if you are trying to use momentary on a single mode, or are trying change modes. So if you are on tight bezel and are trying to use momentary with Turbo, then you will alternately be changing modes between Turbo and Strobe (depending upon how much time you allow to lapse, it might reset to Turbo).

Anyways, I have Quarks, which should be the same UI as the LDs, and I've lego'd a forward clicky on a regular UI and that's how it works. Give a try though, perhaps the Fenix behaves differently.