How do you use your glow rings?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple glow rings and find myself struggling with how to use them and what to put them on.
I would appreciate photos & suggestions of what you do with your glowrings.

Besides, that is, putting one on my keyring. I got that one figured out all by myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[moderators...feel free to move this if it belongs somewhere else...I couldn't decide if it belonged here or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif ]

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave one to my mom and one to da frau. Both of them put them on their key rings. They work great for finding the keys in their purses in the dark. Myself...I just keep my keys in my pocket so I go by feel...did not really serve me much purpose. But the ladies love them...really love them.

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
Use mine to light up the toilet at night (tie it off thoughto the bowl, I lost three of them but what a light show when you flush)

GB

Newly Enlightened
I plan to attach them to items in survival kit(s) such as flashlight, knife, pistol, (tritium) compass, etc.(?)

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use one on my keychain of course. What good is that keychain light going to do you if you drop your keys in the dark while trying to turn it on?

Other than that, the only other useful purpose I use them for is on zipper pulls of backpacks. Not only, does it make it easier to open the pack in the dark, but they make for good low light locaters. Its easy to follow someone in the dark when they have two glowlights tied to their back.

Mark

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got a green and an ice blue one on the steering arm of my motorized wheelchair, and several others hung on the wall at bedside. I had a pink Glow Ring X2 attached to the tailcap of my pink Mini Mag, but I discovered it had a broken tube a week or so ago. The flashlight has fallen onto carpet from knee-height two or three times before I moved it to the other room, so one of those falls must have done it in.

Whatever you decide to mount your Glow Rings to, try not to drop them.

Darell

Flashaholic
I have three sets of keys that hang in the garage, and they each have a unique glowring color on them. I can grab 'em without flipping the light on. Quite handy. Plus when I put 'em down somewhere wrong in the house, they're easy to locate. Then I have a glower on all the lights that I keep in the glove box. I have a vial glued inside my LED nightlights so I can find THEM when they're off. I have one on each zipper pull of the luggage I use. The rest of 'em sit in a clear plastic box in the closet so I can go "wow" when I walk in there in the dark. And I do that a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh.. I have one on my LED pen that lives in the night-stand drawer too. Anything that you want to locate in low light is a great candidate.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one attached to my bedside flashlight, to find it easily in the dark. (I do have this rechargeble plug-in-the-electrical-outlet light at home, it turns on in a power failure, but I'm not always at home.

I have another in a zippered leather pouch on the floor next to my bed so I can find it easily. Pouch is where I put my keys, wallet, sebenza, watch, address book etc.

GregR

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
outlaw said:
Use mine to light up the toilet at night (tie it off thoughto the bowl, I lost three of them but what a light show when you flush)

[/ QUOTE ]

creative idea...gross, but creative /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the ideas of putting them on backpacks and zipper pulls. I really, really like the zipper pull idea!!

Keep those ideas coming!!

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
The rest of 'em sit in a clear plastic box in the closet so I can go "wow" when I walk in there in the dark. And I do that a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I bet that looks cool...got an extra one or two you'd sell for a good deal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I have them on key rings and flashlights that are placed around the home.

I also have one on my lunch box just because.

My Dad has one hanging from each ceiling fan/light pull cord.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Darell forgot to mention he also has a purple one hanging from his ceiling fan in his bedroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
He seems to have other uses for them as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah yes... I forgot about lots of them. The fan one included. That one is cool because it hangs from a magnet that I just tossed into the lens at the bottom, and the magnet then holds the key ring of the glow ring.

I also use them on the pull chains for all of my shop lights.

Certainly I have a few that I'm not using right now, but I'm not desperate to get rid of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Avix-

If you go down to the B/S/T Non-lights forum you will see Glow disks glow rings and Glow X-rings for sale.

They are glow in the dark, dots or keyrings that use a tiny bit of radioactive tritium gas. The radioactive emissions from the tritium hit a phosphor inside the tiny tube causing it to glow. They come in several colors and will glow continously. The half life of tritium is for approx 12 years, that is what many people qoute as it's lifespan.

GregR

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Darell forgot to mention he also has a purple one hanging from his ceiling fan in his bedroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
He seems to have other uses for them as well... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Bart I am glad you spared us the picture this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shrap

Enlightened
One on the bedside flashlight and another on the glasses case. One to light things up, and the other to actually see what's being lit up.