maha duo 9000 two bay charger

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
I very recently purchased (ebay) a sanyo usb charger (NC-MDU01). It is working quite satisfactorily and I decided to purchase another for a Christmas present.

Checking ebay today (may change in the next week or two) it seems that this charger is not available. Instead I found the a listing for the above mentioned charger. The listed specs are:

This product is tow way multi charger which charges Ni-MH/Ni-CD Rechargeable Battery and backup charge to mobile digital device(cell phone, PDA, PSP, MP3, MP4, Digital Camera) safely

1. Power backup for digital device (Use rechargeable battery or 1time using disposable alkaline battery), connecting cable to charger
2. Various charging type support (Adapter / Cigar Jack / Computer USB)
3. Protection system (over charge / short / bad conditioned battery sensor)
4. 2 individual slot control / LED indicator (Red LED : in charging. Yellow LED : Complete of charge)
5. 24Pin Gold plated socket for antioxide & minimized loss factor
6. Portable for any time and place. 3step switch for select operation type (Battery Charge / Backup to digital mobile device)
7. Stable charging contron through Micro computer chip
8. Free volt , worldwide usable (AC100~240V)
9. Chargeable more than 3000mAh, too.

It accepts usb as a power source and also provides usb backup power via two aa (or aaa) cells if needed. It appears to me to be a decent charger but I do not want to get one that is based upon a timer. Note that it will be used for aaa and aa Nimh batteries - mainly duraloop.

I know there are bigger and better chargers (I own a couple) available however the usb feature is very convenient and the size of the charger means it will likely get used. I live in Canada and there is nothing local other than the timed chargers and it can get quite expensive to have items shipped.

If anyone has any knowledge of this charger or can point me to a review I would appreciate it. I did do a search and it appears that the Energizer duo is similar but that was as far as I got.

Thank you,

John.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I very recently purchased (ebay) a sanyo usb charger (NC-MDU01). It is working quite satisfactorily and I decided to purchase another for a Christmas present.

Checking ebay today (may change in the next week or two) it seems that this charger is not available.

I just looked on ebay.ca and one seller has two avaliable.

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
Yamabushi:

Thanks. I will keep these in mind although they are priced a fair bit over the one I got recently. If the maha duo is a "smart" charger then it may be handier as it can double as a usb power source.

John.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I hope you realize that the Maha Duo 9000 is made by Danae Tech Korea and does not appear to be related to the Powerex Maha C9000 made by Maha Energy Corporation. It appears to be a cheap attempt to hitch a free ride on the good reputation of Powerex Maha.

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
Thanks - that explains why my search on the Maha website did not locate that charger. I don't like it when others "hitch a ride" so I will look elsewhere for a charger - it's not the only one around.

John

jcs0001

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone is looking for one of the sanyo usb chargers I was able to get another from a korean seller on ebay today (about $13 shipped). It doesn't include batteries but I can get them locally.

John.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
The Sanyo charger is discontinued and the last one on Amazon the seller wants $200+ for so I have ordered the Korean "Maha". I did not even find the Sanyo on ebay. We shall see how it is. Unfortunately looking around the available USB powered charger alternatives seem to be minimalist unregulated junk and many are unreliable based on Amazon customer reviews.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xtar has a 2 bay charger which can be used as portable power bank too afaik

must be listed among the 100 charger models they have :)