anyone still use vintage fluorescent lanterns?and care about cri?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wound up with a bunch of 6w vita lite tubes and started sticking them in the old fluorescent lanterns i use.
made a big difference in color rendering when working inside the big machines i service.like reading color codes and wires.
fast forward a few months...
big power failure.i have 3 of these lanterns set up with rechargeables.
i only need one so like the last time this happened i sent the spares to neighbors.
the comments from both was that these were so much nicer to read by since the last storm.what did you do?
i installed these vitalite tubes.supposed "full spectrum"
more like greatly improved spectrum.
anyone else think it matters in a emergency/work light to have improved cri?

GreySave

Enlightened
I think it terms of comfort tint and CRI can matter. I have some warmer tinted LED lanterns for that reason even though they are less efficient. I would not invest in specified high CRI lanterns however. No real value in that for me.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it terms of comfort tint and CRI can matter. I have some warmer tinted LED lanterns for that reason even though they are less efficient. I would not invest in specified high CRI lanterns however. No real value in that for me.

What warm tinted lanterns do you have?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got some 3500k tubes for my Energizer folding lanterns. Great update. Tint for lanterns is so much more important to me than a few extra lumens. And fluoros have virtually no glare when not using 6500k icy tubes.

Latest posts