MAHA 401 vs. Lenmar Mach1 Gamma

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've read through 30 some odd pages of posts on chargers, now I'm stuck...MAHA or Lenmar???
Which should I get?
I've got 12 new Lenmar 2300mAh AA...don't want to cook them right out of the box.

Anybody make a good charger that holds more than 4??

rodfran

Enlightened
I have a Lenmar Gamma Speed charger I bought from Zbattery bulk in box minus batteries for $22.00 last month. Don`t know if they have any left.
I have Lenmar 2300`s I have charged in it. Charger has a little fan in it and they come out cool to the touch.
Hope this helps.

Photon

Newly Enlightened
I have the Maha 401 and love it.

If you want to charge more than 4 batteries at once, how about 2 or more Mahas.

Every once and a while check out the Thomas Distributing web page for their chargers. Every so often Maha comes out with a new one. Some day I expect Maha will offer a charger that works like the 401 but can handle more and/or larger batteries.

I like the 401 because of the charging algorithm, and the fact that each battery is charged individually (rather than in series or parallel).

Brock

Flashaholic
I have 2 401's and after the dozen or so other chargers I ahve used I think they are the best AA chargers out there.

Zeppert

Enlightened
I would take the Maha over the Lenmar. Also whenever you aren't in a rush for fresh batteries charge them on the SLOW setting instead of FAST. It will be more gentle on the batteries.