• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

no lug option for El Capitan and Logan 17500/AA ?

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
While reviewing the options at peakledsolutions.net , oveready.com , and em-mgt.com , it appears that a lug body is not available for the El Capitan and Logan 17500/AA ?

According to the measurements for the Eiger, El Capitan, and Logan 17500/AA, the keychain option adds about 0.75" to the length of the pocket option while the lug option for the Eiger adds only about 0.25".

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see the Logan having a somewhat flatter lug on the end. Any bigger would be a bit awkward, for me at least.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see the Logan having a somewhat flatter lug on the end. Any bigger would be a bit awkward, for me at least.

Yep. I've seen a few old pre-production lug bodies for the Pacific and possibly Caribbean lights and though they are relatively short, they did seem awkward. They weren't as short as the compact pocket bodies, and didn't offer tail-standing, detachment, and momentary options as do the keychain bodies. But those huge lugs did look beastly strong.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thank you both.

Unless I'm mistaken, there does do not appear to be a custom clip option for the pocket/'short flat' version of the Capitan or Logan/AA.

I would like a Capitan or Logan/AA that's as short as possible. But from the pocket carrying of flashlights without a clip option, a family member and I now have a preference for those flashlights with a keychain or clip option. So I will order the keychain body.

This post (below) from ElectronGuru makes it sound like there will be a flat tail that is being developed that can screw into the end of the keychain body.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ies-question&p=3994924&viewfull=1#post3994924
"OTOH, there is a screw that fits into the outer threads (think shaved keychain post). It tailstands, supports clip attachment, and includes a full sealing o ring. Just need to get it finished.."

Last edited: