Maglite 6C/D , / 7C/D , how many people still love these lights????

stienke

Enlightened
As title says , due the high power led's and better tints the led has the future , but who still loves the 'Old' 6C/D , / 7C/D's????
I have a collection of old Mag's because it's a matter of time and they will no more available (7C almost impossible to find:rolleyes: and the 6C very hard to find these days) , and I still love these big lights :cool:
Tell us if you have/had one and if you still use this sucker , modded or standard , I use a 6C with a Fusion drop in as a bedside light , pure flood (400 lumen) and great for attack a intruder!

Altec

Newly Enlightened
Love my 6D, and am gathering parts for a 64623 build with it!

As a new enthusiast I've noticed it to be extremely hard to find modern LED lights in similar form factors as the old 5+ cell lights. Which bums me out...

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I have a stock 6D my gf bought for me at a fleamarket for 10 Euros :) it was missing the rubberboot for the switch so i got a new one.it also had new Duracell batteries in it talk about a bargain IMO.

stienke

Enlightened
Love my 6D, and am gathering parts for a 64623 build with it!

As a new enthusiast I've noticed it to be extremely hard to find modern LED lights in similar form factors as the old 5+ cell lights. Which bums me out...

Fenix comes very close with the TK series!

stienke

Enlightened
I have a stock 6D my gf bought for me at a fleamarket for 10 Euros :) it was missing the rubberboot for the switch so i got a new one.it also had new Duracell batteries in it talk about a bargain IMO.

It's a bargain , 10 euro's for a 6D with new batteries , a rubberboot here in the netherlands costs only 1 euro! , you can put a Fusion drop in into the Mag , only 26 dollar shipped.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care what anyone here thinks. I REALLY like the larger Maglites. I myself have a 6D Maglite that I have converted to a ROP. Not only is it a nice, substantial light. But with 6xD NiMH batteries, it actually has enough runtime that it's not just a 'novelty light'. I REALLY regret not getting a 6C when I had the chance. I recall looking at it at Frys about 10 years ago. But I decided against it because I figured I had plenty of lights. If only I knew.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
i still have my 6d from back before i knew anything about flashlights... i have a terralux drop in for it as well as a nite ize 1/2 watt led (claimed 160+ hr runtime) along with a KD MOP reflector installed

I will always have a mag under my bed. it also doubles as a beat down stick since it has 6ds :)

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
I just opened a new 6D I received in the mail today, pretty cool. I've been purchasing a bunch of mags lately, C's and D's. Have plenty of CR123 lights so just in case... It appears Maglite is not making any LED's larger than 3D so figured I'd grab a few 6's while you still can, also grabbed some 4D/5D's too and was lucky to snag a NIP 6C as well.

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
In the Netherlands you have a problem with the law when you attack an intruder.....

I have a 6D in the closet with a WA1111, glass lens, FM reflector. The required 6 D cells are in use in two 3D lights however. Don't really feel like spending €60 on a set of six LSD NiMH D-size. But at some point I will :+

Your are better off with the law when you hit the intruder with a 3D. Unlike the 6D it's seen as a general light, not a club.

Also: a 3D might be more effective. It's harder to evade a hit with a 3D since one can swing it faster. This allows for more hits in the same time frame.

Compare it to the decision of western armies to adopt 5.56x45mm rounds instead of 7.62x51mm rounds; at the same weight, a soldier can carry double the ammo.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
In the Netherlands you have a problem with the law when you attack an intruder.....

I have a 6D in the closet with a WA1111, glass lens, FM reflector. The required 6 D cells are in use in two 3D lights however. Don't really feel like spending €60 on a set of six LSD NiMH D-size. But at some point I will :+

Your are better off with the law when you hit the intruder with a 3D. Unlike the 6D it's seen as a general light, not a club.

Also: a 3D might be more effective. It's harder to evade a hit with a 3D since one can swing it faster. This allows for more hits in the same time frame.

Compare it to the decision of western armies to adopt 5.56x45mm rounds instead of 7.62x51mm rounds; at the same weight, a soldier can carry double the ammo.

And use up thrice as much 5.56 ammo to bring down 1 guy than a single 7.62 would do...in essence one would be carying 50% less stopping power even with double the ammo...but back to lights! They shouldnt be considered weapons, rather as crime and theft deterrents.

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
Using more ammo doesn't matter since most is suppressive fire anyway.

Besides that: a well-aimed shot of a 5.56 on a guy without armor will do the same as a shot with a 7.62; death. If shoot trough dense vegetation the 7.62 might be more useful yeah

If you want to scare away a home intruder with a Maglite you might just as well have the 3D. Most intruders will leave when they see you coming, the others will take the fight. In that case you might just as well have something practical to hit with (firearms out of the picture in country of TS; they are only for criminals here). A 6D clocks in at 1,6 Kg. A 3D at 0,9 Kg is much easier to swing.

Admiralgrey

Newly Enlightened
I'm rather fond of my 6D mag... its not the flashlight for hiking or edc, but it has its valuable time and place. Massive capacity for powerful bulbs is my reason for bothering with the weight, but those who see me biking to work with it late at night probably assume worse. In any case, preventive medicine is the best kind, so I don't mind.

Edit:

Also, since big C mags are so scarce/costly I've been considering making a 5 x 18650 light by chopping a 4C in half and inserting with JB an aluminum tube to extend length and diminish diameter. This section could be cord wrapped for aesthetics. Has anybody done something of this nature?

Last edited:

af0h

Newly Enlightened
Yup, got a stock 6D. Bought it for 23-bucks from Wally-World online and had it shipped to the store for free.

DaveG

Enlightened
I bought a 6D last spring at Tractor Supply for around $18 close out price.I have a Fusion-36 drop in working in it now.Nice bright flood light.

jellydonut

Enlightened
I would love to find some cheap 7Ds and 6Ds for building regulated stupid-bright hotwires with.. Don't actually have any, though. :c

af0h

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up an old 5C at a flea market for $5.00 - and in pretty dang good shape too.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Also, since big C mags are so scarce/costly I've been considering making a 5 x 18650 light by chopping a 4C in half and inserting with JB an aluminum tube to extend length and diminish diameter. This section could be cord wrapped for aesthetics. Has anybody done something of this nature?

What are you gonna run off of 5 18650s ?