ZebraLight SC600 MkII

BWX

Enlightened
ZebraLight SC600 MkII *with PICS*

Dec 2, 2012: We will release an SC600 MkII next month to replace this one and half year old design. Main improvements include:
1. 900Lm max ANSI (SC600's 750Lm rating is based on T6 LEDs. Most SC600s shipped actually come with U2 LEDs)
2. programmable M and L (similar to the H502 and SC52) and much longer runtimes.
3. Total length 101.6mm (5.4mm shorter) and lighter.
4. Battery indicator, similar to the H502 and SC52.

SC600 MKI

EDIT- Pics and description

Zebra Light SC600 MKII

sc600markiiandzl631battery.jpg
SC600Mk2back.jpg

Pre-order. Estimated shipping date: March 22, 2013

Main Features and Specifications

• LED: Cree XM-L Cool White (Norminal CCT 6300K)
  • User Selectable Levels: 3 main level (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can
    be configured to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the High (H2) can be further configured to different brightness levels or strobes.
  • Light Output

• High
    -H1 900Lm for the first 5 min and then step down to 500Lm (tbd) or
    -H2 500Lm (tbd) / 270Lm (tbd) / 4Hz Strobe

• Medium
    -M1 90Lm (tbd) or
    -M2 27Lm (tbd) / 9Lm (tbd)

• Low
    -L1 3Lm (tbd) or
    -L2 0.6Lm (tbd) / 0.1Lm (tbd) / 0.02Lm (tbd)
Runtimes will be tested using ZebraLight ZL631 batteries. Light output are
ANSI out the front (OTF) values. All levels are current regulated.​

• Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V - 4.2V
  • Battery: One 18650 size (up to 68mm long) 3.6/3.7V Li-ion rechargeable battery. Batteries are not included in the package.
  • Parasitic Drain: Negligible (much less than the self discharging of batteries)
  • Beam Type
    -80 degree spill
    -10 degree hot spot​
  • Dimensions
    -Head Diameter: 30 mm
    -Body Diameter: 25mm
    -Length: 101.6 mm​
  • Weight
    -tbd​
  • Features
    -Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times, 4 short clicks to start)
    -Lanyard ring
    -Automatically stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when battery capacity is low
    -Builtin over-discharging protection with 2.7V cutoff
    -Electronic soft-touch switch
    -Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels
    -Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum
    -Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
    -Ultra clear lens with anti-reflection coatings on both sides
    -Orange peel textured reflector
    -Battery reverse polarity protection
    -Waterproof to IPX7 (2 meters, 30 minutes)​

Operations

This light has 3 main levels (High, Medium, and Low). Each main level can be configured
to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of each main level can be further
configured to different brightness levels or strobes.​

• Basic Operation
    -Short click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
    -Long click (press and hold for about 0.7 seconds) turns on the light to Low​
  • Advanced Operation and Configuration
    -Short click turns on the light to High. Short click again quickly to cycle from High to Medium, and Low.
    -Press and hold to cycle from Low to High, release to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
    -Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections (except the strobe) for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
    -The second sub-level of each main levels can be configured after 6 double clicks. Double click (startng with the 7th) to cycle and select different brightness levels or strobes. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-level are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
    -This light uses the LEDs to indicate the estimated remaining battery capacity by flashing 1 to 4 times. To start the battery indicator, short-click 4 times without pause from OFF.​

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a review comparing the original to the new MkII? Does anyone have one yet?

They have not been released yet. You can check Zebralights website, as it is normally accurate....

tonkem

Enlightened
Great, I guess I should look at the website first, or at least read the post more completely. Thanks Shelm! Good to see them updating it....

BWX

Enlightened
I posted a link to the page with the "news" on it at zebralight,but then when I saw a huge yellow box with a warning not to post external links to retailers other than candlepower marketplace links so I edited post and took it down. Not sure what that's about.. but anyway..

I thought maybe a reviewer might have gotten a sample or something.. If anyone sees an early review, post a link.

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
Man that's a bummer. I just received my second sc600 last Friday. I would have waited had I known.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
Man that's a bummer. I just received my second sc600 last Friday. I would have waited had I known.
I feel your pain.

I have one sc52, and another on order, but I think I will sell one of em' to get the sporty "turbo" MKll model of the sc600!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one sc52, and another on order,
i am thinking that, since the SC600II is a XML flashlight, i dont need another Zebralight with floody XML. SC600 xml and SC52 xml are quite similar .. if you're open to it ;)

BWX

Enlightened

I was thinking about ordering an SC600 last night and saw that announcement at zebralight.com - glad I didn't decide to buy one a few days before. I think I'll just wait and buy the MkII when they come out. Then I'll forget about this flickering D25LC2 I've been EDC'ing. Maybe I'll send it back to Eagletac (again)

Swede74

Enlightened
Swede74 beaten again :crackup:

It's the time zones' fault. :laughing: They probably make all their announcements when I'm sound asleep, dreaming up a clever design for the SC53.

zl600.jpg

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eloreno
I feel your pain.

I have one sc52, and another on order, but I think I will sell one of em' to get the sporty "turbo" MKll model of the sc600!

I feel it too, but you probably got one with the U2 LED, so chances are it's only marginally less bright at the highest level than Mk II. Still, a minor change in output seems like the least significant update in comparison to reduced size and better runtimes. If you already have one one, you could always consider not using it (the one you received Friday) and selling it in mint condition.

BWX

Enlightened
SC600's 750Lm rating is based on T6 LEDs.

The funny thing is that they do not list the lumen rating of the current U2 model, or the other mode's lumen rating of the u2 model.. or the new MkII's other mode's output. maybe the other mode's output are all the same as the T6 version?

It would be cool if the normal step down high mode was now going to be 600 lumens or something other than the standard 500.

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
I feel it too, but you probably got one with the U2 LED, so chances are it's only marginally less bright at the highest level than Mk II. Still, a minor change in output seems like the least significant update in comparison to reduced size and better runtimes. If you already have one one, you could always consider not using it (the one you received Friday) and selling it in mint condition.

I believe I did get a U2 binned LED. I got my first SC600 by pre order, and it was one of the very first released. I've had no problems with it. My second, which I just received on Friday, is an SC600w and it seems to me that even though it's neutral tinted, that it's brighter than the SC600. So, it just might have a U2 emitter in it.

The reason I'll probably end up buying another one, of the cool white variety, are the other upgrades. The fuel gauge is an excellent addition, as are the extra levels. I have enjoyed both features on my SC52 and H502d. Add to that the smaller size AND the 150 lumens, and I don't think I'll be able to pass it up!

JKolmo

Enlightened
2. programmable M and L (similar to the H502 and SC52) and much longer runtimes.

Hmmm, one way to interpret this would be that M and L now will be programmable to lower subsettings than the current version's M and L, and that these lower M and L subsettings also provide "much longer runtimes" simply because they are lower lumens, no?

tonkem

Enlightened
I believe I did get a U2 binned LED. I got my first SC600 by pre order, and it was one of the very first released. I've had no problems with it. My second, which I just received on Friday, is an SC600w and it seems to me that even though it's neutral tinted, that it's brighter than the SC600. So, it just might have a U2 emitter in it.

The reason I'll probably end up buying another one, of the cool white variety, are the other upgrades. The fuel gauge is an excellent addition, as are the extra levels. I have enjoyed both features on my SC52 and H502d. Add to that the smaller size AND the 150 lumens, and I don't think I'll be able to pass it up!

Agreed. My son has one and he loves it. I would be interested in the additional features and not just the higher output. It is also almost a quarter of an inch SMALLER than the previous model!

I agree the much longer runtimes will be based on the lower modes not previously available.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

But if the current model comes with the U2, does it really matter much if it all? The battery indicator is no big deal (IMHO) and what if the new one, although shorter, looks bland or otherwise not so great? I really like the looks of the current model - no frills just purpose built.

tonkem

Enlightened
But if the current model comes with the U2, does it really matter much if it all? The battery indicator is no big deal (IMHO) and what if the new one, although shorter, looks bland or otherwise not so great? I really like the looks of the current model - no frills just purpose built.

We shall see when it comes out. :)

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I hope the MKII has the same new machining as the SC52 and a screw down pocket clip. The higher output is not such a big deal to me. The current level is great as it stands. But as we all know more lumens is always nice!:)

tonkem

Enlightened
I hope the MKII has the same new machining as the SC52 and a screw down pocket clip. The higher output is not such a big deal to me. The current level is great as it stands. But as we all know more lumens is always nice!:)

Yes more lumens on tap with the same or longer runtime on high would be nice.

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I have my H2 set at 200 lumens on my SC600 and thats all I use at work. The 750 is only used outdoors walking the the dogs so they don't get to far ahead in the woods. But I like havin it if I need it. My SC52 is set H2 108L and its plenty for EDC, but it floors my buds when my little candle gets lite up at 500L. LOL