Black Moon LTD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

Default New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

Noticed on eBay yesterday that Thrunite will be offering a new version of their cheapo Ti - imaginatively called Ti2 - from next week. Looked again today, and it seems to be available.

Same size as the Ti, but seems to be 4gm lighter. Also seems to be available in various colours. Price listed as $19.99 (starting bid a more realistic $0.99 lol. These dollar prices on UK eBay.

I would post photo, but looks exactly like old Ti.

Edit>> Just noticed - it's an XP-G2 emitter!
    Last edited by Dubois; 12-07-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Default Re: New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

i recently got a perfect unit of Thrunite Ti1 with XP-E R4 emitter with fantastic tint, throw and brightness. XP-G2 in a 1xAAA light, seriously? i dont feel tempted.
    thanks for the heads up!!

let's to ebay bidding anyway lol

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    XP-G2 in a 1xAAA light, seriously? i dont feel tempted.
    thanks for the heads up!!
    The xp-g2 is way better than the old xp-g in aaa light's. Birghter hotspot, brighter spill, win-win.

If that is so, why doesnt Fenix come up with flashlights with XP-G2 emitter?

LD01

PD32

LD22

In any case, i am glad that i didnt bite the PD32UE bullet. Huge dim hotspot (~PD32 throw), little throw, very long, kinda bulky, cant tailstand but has a diffuser wtf, ridiculously cheap belt holster, funny tint, omg, yes, new, but not really an improvement.

Oops why am i diverging? This thread is about Ti2 with XP-G2 lol!!
    Last edited by shelm; 12-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Flashaholic*

Dunno, cost maby?
    Before/after pics of a led swap i did a while ago. Xp-g vs a xp-g2 in the same aaa light (maratac aa cu). Camera is locked. The xp-g2 is a really nice upgrade for the small lights with a xp-g. The xp-e really shines in small aaa lights. Im keeping my xp-e ilights stock (If they are neutral/warm tinted)

Nice! Nothing like pictures to illustrate the differences!

Hey thanks, guess i'll need at least one of them for backup. Still very happy with my Ti. Is this the brightest AAA keychain flashlight that i can get - using eneloops ?

I ordered a black Ti2 XPG2 for $15.99 shipped.
    I'll let you know how it stacks up to my Ti XPE.
    Very bizarre Thrunite hasn't said a peep about it
    and doesn't have it listed on their site.
    Last edited by GordoJones88; 12-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    I ordered a black Ti2 XPG2 for $15.99 shipped from China to US.
    I think i am winning the bidding, currently at $9.01.
    Last edited by shelm; 12-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Maybe there is a reason they have been giving the Ti away this season?

Well that's just poppycock. Surely companies never employ reason when they're giving stuff away.

Poppycock?!

Whoever did it:
    Thanks for outbidding me!

Last edited by Norm; 12-09-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Maybe there is a reason they have been giving the Ti away this season?
    It seems that they're slowly raising the prices on the TI 1. It was $5, then $10, now $13.99 on their website. Their 10 pack Ti version 1 Christmas bundle is now $100+ on their website.
    Last edited by Cerealand; 12-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Weird, they got rid of the firefly mode which is what made this Ti model unique to small 1xAAA lights out there. I was probably one of the strongest advocates for incorporating a firefly mode into a AAA light before they even had one or even thought of the Ti and was maybe responsible for them going this way back when they first introduced them. I have a 3/60 lumen gold model but I prefer using my firefly models and the one I use the most is the one stuck on firefly by bending the metal tab.

Flashaholic*

I wonder how many Firefly Ti's were sold versus the 3 lumen model worldwide? I'm guessing it's probably around 1% or less. Look at the debates we have around here amongst flashaholics and we are supposed to be more knowledgeable about low lumens. The general public would look at a Firefly Ti and wonder why they even offered such a silly thing.

With regards to manufacturers retrofitting XP-G2s into all small lights, it's a numbers game. The XP-G2 just came out and they probably have stockpiles of XP-Gs that they need to use up before moving onto the newer emitters. Should they just throw out the unused old emitters when a newer revision of that emitter is released?

I've been told that the XT-E is the best emitter for low output applications like a dedicated moonlight light. The XP-G2 is best for lights up to about 1.6A and the XM-L up to just over 3A. In this application the XP-G2 is better for the high mode and really just increases the Lux on firefly mode without increasing brightness much, if at all.

I was wondering why the 0.04 low firefly wasn't listed anymore . I absolutely love mine. I emailed Thrunite and they said that they are still available, but when I asked how I could specify that model when ordering they never gave me an answer. I'd really like to order a 5 pack with maybe 2 0.04 low models.

Default thrunite ti vs ti2?

i ordered a 5 pack and one is a ti2 for some reason i dont know if this is good or bad, all 5 are supposed to be the regular ti, specs are the same 3/60 lumen. anyone know what the difference is?

Default Re: thrunite ti vs ti2?

Ti2 is their new (replacement) version; it has an XP-G2 emitter, and is, according to their eBay listing - the only place you can get them - 3/81 lumen. I'd check to make sure you have the new version, not just a different box

I got 2 Ti2's as well with the 10 pack, did yours happen to be black?

An easy way to check is to look at the LED. The XP-G has a green package, while the XP-G2 has a white/sliver package. Both of mine are XP-G2s and I'm thinking about keeping one just to see how I like it.

I just placed an order for the 5 pack of ti's through Amazon for the same price as the thrunite store. I actually emailed the us distributer who deals with the Amazon orders and they are able to send me a 0.04 firefly model in black only. YMMV. I also told them to feel free to send the new ti2 in the other colors if it was possible Thanks Sholyn Y!
    Last edited by Megacam; 12-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.

i requested a .04 model in there but they didnt speak English and said 3 lumens were the same. then they send me a ti2 in black and the other colors were normal 3/60 lumen. i noticed the differnt led. also the ti2 feels more quality to me for some reason. for some reason i got one bad one outa 5 that wont go past low mode the threads seem to run out so hopefully they'll send me a new one,

Quote Originally Posted by american View Post
    i requested a .04 model in there but they didnt speak English and said 3 lumens were the same. then they send me a ti2 in black and the other colors were normal 3/60 lumen. i noticed the differnt led. also the ti2 feels more quality to me for some reason. for some reason i got one bad one outa 5 that wont go past low mode the threads seem to run out so hopefully they'll send me a new one,
    Try popping the tab out some on the head where the positive end of the battery touches it
    Asilaydying1984 ON YOUTUBE

I had one like this, solved by using a different brand of battery.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I had one like this, solved by using a different brand of battery.

Norm
    I noticed that too it wouldnt work on a rayovac but would on a dollar store batt thats unacceptable though i would have to try out every brand

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that too it wouldnt work on a rayovac but would on a dollar store batt thats unacceptable though i would have to try out every brand

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Put a small spacer in the bottom of the battery tube.

Just tried a 10mm X 1mm washer and it works perfectly, glued it carefully with two tiny spots of Arctic Alumina, it brings the head height to exactly match my other four.

I really couldn't be bothered returning the light for such a small problem.

It was a green Ti, I wonder if it's green that has this problem?

Norm

I'd one of my "buddle" of 5 (the black one) DOA. Tried pulling out the tab, to no avail. Tried eneloops and Duracell alkaline - neither worked. After some fiddling it did light, but only one mode (neither high nor low), and only intermittently. Thrunite have sent replacement. With a bit of luck it will be the Ti2. Or maybe I'll get a Ti2 with the TN10 I've just ordered via eBay

everyone elses problem seems to be its stuck on high mines stuck on low so i would want to add height between contacts not shorten correct? and what kinda of washer metal?

everyone elses problem seems to be its stuck on high mines stuck on low so i would want to add height between contacts not shorten correct? and what kinda of washer metal?
    I used zinc plated mild steel, brass would have been better, no worries about rusting the washers have been in my stash for at least 35 years and are still bright and shiny

Norm

I ordered from their Ebay store and it shipped from California.
    So there is still time for Xmas gifts.
    Last edited by GordoJones88; 12-12-2012 at 11:46 PM.