New Thrunite Ti2 model - 3lm & 81lm

Dubois

Enlightened
Noticed on eBay yesterday that Thrunite will be offering a new version of their cheapo Ti - imaginatively called Ti2 - from next week. Looked again today, and it seems to be available.

Same size as the Ti, but seems to be 4gm lighter. Also seems to be available in various colours. Price listed as $19.99 (starting bid a more realistic $0.99 lol. These dollar prices on UK eBay.

I would post photo, but looks exactly like old Ti.

Edit>> Just noticed - it's an XP-G2 emitter!

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recently got a perfect unit of Thrunite Ti1 with XP-E R4 emitter with fantastic tint, throw and brightness. XP-G2 in a 1xAAA light, seriously? i dont feel tempted.
thanks for the heads up!!

let's to ebay bidding anyway lol

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-G2 in a 1xAAA light, seriously? i dont feel tempted.
thanks for the heads up!!
The xp-g2 is way better than the old xp-g in aaa light's. Birghter hotspot, brighter spill, win-win.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that is so, why doesnt Fenix come up with flashlights with XP-G2 emitter?

LD01

PD32

LD22

In any case, i am glad that i didnt bite the PD32UE bullet. Huge dim hotspot (~PD32 throw), little throw, very long, kinda bulky, cant tailstand but has a diffuser wtf, ridiculously cheap belt holster, funny tint, omg, yes, new, but not really an improvement.

Oops why am i diverging? This thread is about Ti2 with XP-G2 lol!!

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno, cost maby?
Before/after pics of a led swap i did a while ago. Xp-g vs a xp-g2 in the same aaa light (maratac aa cu). Camera is locked. The xp-g2 is a really nice upgrade for the small lights with a xp-g. The xp-e really shines in small aaa lights. Im keeping my xp-e ilights stock (If they are neutral/warm tinted) :)

Rawk

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks, guess i'll need at least one of them for backup. Still very happy with my Ti. Is this the brightest AAA keychain flashlight that i can get - using eneloops ?

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a black Ti2 XPG2 for $15.99 shipped.
I'll let you know how it stacks up to my Ti XPE.
Very bizarre Thrunite hasn't said a peep about it
and doesn't have it listed on their site.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe there is a reason they have been giving the Ti away this season?

moozooh

Enlightened
Well that's just poppycock. Surely companies never employ reason when they're giving stuff away.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoever did it:
Thanks for outbidding me! :sweat:

:lolsign:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe there is a reason they have been giving the Ti away this season?

It seems that they're slowly raising the prices on the TI 1. It was $5, then $10, now $13.99 on their website. Their 10 pack Ti version 1 Christmas bundle is now $100+ on their website.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weird, they got rid of the firefly mode which is what made this Ti model unique to small 1xAAA lights out there. I was probably one of the strongest advocates for incorporating a firefly mode into a AAA light before they even had one or even thought of the Ti and was maybe responsible for them going this way back when they first introduced them. I have a 3/60 lumen gold model but I prefer using my firefly models and the one I use the most is the one stuck on firefly by bending the metal tab.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many Firefly Ti's were sold versus the 3 lumen model worldwide? I'm guessing it's probably around 1% or less. Look at the debates we have around here amongst flashaholics and we are supposed to be more knowledgeable about low lumens. The general public would look at a Firefly Ti and wonder why they even offered such a silly thing.

With regards to manufacturers retrofitting XP-G2s into all small lights, it's a numbers game. The XP-G2 just came out and they probably have stockpiles of XP-Gs that they need to use up before moving onto the newer emitters. Should they just throw out the unused old emitters when a newer revision of that emitter is released?

I've been told that the XT-E is the best emitter for low output applications like a dedicated moonlight light. The XP-G2 is best for lights up to about 1.6A and the XM-L up to just over 3A. In this application the XP-G2 is better for the high mode and really just increases the Lux on firefly mode without increasing brightness much, if at all.

Megacam

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering why the 0.04 low firefly wasn't listed anymore :(. I absolutely love mine. I emailed Thrunite and they said that they are still available, but when I asked how I could specify that model when ordering they never gave me an answer. I'd really like to order a 5 pack with maybe 2 0.04 low models.

american

Enlightened
thrunite ti vs ti2?

i ordered a 5 pack and one is a ti2 for some reason i dont know if this is good or bad, all 5 are supposed to be the regular ti, specs are the same 3/60 lumen. anyone know what the difference is?

Dubois

Enlightened
Re: thrunite ti vs ti2?

Ti2 is their new (replacement) version; it has an XP-G2 emitter, and is, according to their eBay listing - the only place you can get them - 3/81 lumen. I'd check to make sure you have the new version, not just a different box:shrug:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Re: thrunite ti vs ti2?

I got 2 Ti2's as well with the 10 pack, did yours happen to be black?

An easy way to check is to look at the LED. The XP-G has a green package, while the XP-G2 has a white/sliver package. Both of mine are XP-G2s and I'm thinking about keeping one just to see how I like it.