FANDYFIRE UV-S5 MOD

Ferrara1

Newly Enlightened
I am a newbie and joined this site because i am fascinated by the capability and potential of these flashlights. Recently purchased two Fandyfire UV-s5's and realized that they would make excellent bike lights for trail or road excursions. My issue is that I do not possess the technical/electronics knowledge to do this and still maintain or increase the functionality of these lights. My goal is to secure the lamp assemblies to the handlebars and have an umbilical cable connecting to a battery pack located on the downtube of the bike frame. I should be able to construct a weatherproof backplate for the lamp assembly/housing from a product called shapelock. Shapelock is a thermoplastic that when heated will become moldable/ formable and when cooled can easily be machined and drilled. When I ordered the bike lights from dx.com, I also purchased 10 button-top 18650 batteries in order to construct the battery pack for this project. I am having difficulty with a few issues. The first is getting the power to the driver while still allowing me to remove the backplate from the housing. Secondly, I would like to control both lights with a singe clicker style switch. Lastly, I would need some pointer on how to construct a battery pack utilizing all ten of the cells that I purchased in order to maximize run time. Know that is a lot to ask but I am kind of stuck and know there is a lot of knowledgeable members in this forum. I would greatly appreciate the input on how to get this done....

HakanC

Newly Enlightened