Imalent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagletac SX25A6

Default Re: Eagletac SX25A6

Eagletac SX25A6 XMLU2 6AA
    6.8" 1.8" 173mm 47mm 260gm
    35000.lux 925.lumen

Well..I have a 3 and 4 AA light. Looks like this may be my first 6xAA.
    Click Here to view my lights

Flashaholic*

This looks like a great light but I don't get the output levels.
    If in regular mode (what I would use, I don't want strobe) there is 10, 470 and 1130 (1010 after step down?) lumens
    There is also a 216 lumens level but it seems like that is only availible in tactical mode and then you dont have a low but strobe instead.

Maybe there is or will be a programmability to change the middle level from 470 to 216 in regular mode.
    If so I might get one

Enlightened

35000 lux. That seems to be some kind of thrower for an XM-L..

Flashaholic*

WOW...I'm drooling over the NW version of this light, and it has an optional diffuser for close work. I was very close to pulling the string on the TK41 U2, but this looks even better. My "last piece" of my lighting addiction calls for a AA version thrower for Sasquatch hunting.
    PPDBillet HexLamp
    Fenix -- NiteCore --SolarForce-- EagleTac -- QtrHorse -- Crelant -- NitEye -- Lenser -- and... a graveyard of Maglights w a few on life support.

Default Eagletac SX25A6

Seems great and all but it's more expensive than the TK41?

I gotta admit though, the NW version must rock!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by firelord777 View Post
    Seems great and all but it's more expensive than the TK41?

I gotta admit though, the NW version must rock!
    I see them both @ $129.00 right now (TK41 U2 being a bit more $).

I dont like the mode gap of 386L to 9L but given the purpose of this light it may do. My main concern is the max useable time is 3.3 hours on the trail because 9 lumnes is near worthless for that situation.
    PPDBillet HexLamp
    Fenix -- NiteCore --SolarForce-- EagleTac -- QtrHorse -- Crelant -- NitEye -- Lenser -- and... a graveyard of Maglights w a few on life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
    I see them both @ $129.00 right now (TK41 U2 being a bit more $).

I dont like the mode gap of 386L to 9L but given the purpose of this light it may do. My main concern is the max useable time is 3.3 hours on the trail because 9 lumnes is near worthless for that situation.
    I see a $110 Pre-order with discount code.
    It has a 200 lumen mode with 7 hours on tactical setting.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    I see a $110 Pre-order with discount code.
    It has a 200 lumen mode with 7 hours on tactical setting.
    My problem is I will not use tactical mode because I cannot stand unintended strobe mode. Had they hidden strobe better then I'd use it.

Where do people come up with these discount codes anyway?? Thanks for the info BTW.
    PPDBillet HexLamp

" My "last piece" of my lighting addiction calls for a AA version thrower for Sasquatch hunting" -it's getting awfully Squatchy around here!

Flashaholic

This looks nice. So what we looking at for UK price, around £75? Hopefully it's under £80 as I'd be interested.

I dont get it.... The U2 is in both the TK41 and the eagletac sx25a6 but the output seems a bit different. How did Eagletac manage to get get 925 ansi lumens out of 6 AA batteries while the tk41 gets 800 ansi lumens with 8 AA batteries. That seems to be a huge difference. is Eagltac that much better at making lights? Run time on max with eagle is 1.8 hours, on the tk41 is a measured 1.8. the two sites i got info from are at: here , and here . eagletacs info site is probably less accurate then HKJ's review.
    oh and if it was the new xm-l wouldnt it say xm-l2? even if it was the new vs old i didnt think the difference in runtime was enough to where you could eliminate 2 batteries?
    Last edited by ilikemoneygreen; 01-08-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    I dont get it.... The U2 is in both the TK41 and the eagletac sx25a6 but the output seems a bit different. How did Eagletac manage to get get 925 ansi lumens out of 6 AA batteries while the tk41 gets 800 ansi lumens with 8 AA batteries. That seems to be a huge difference. is Eagltac that much better at making lights? Run time on max with eagle is 1.8 hours, on the tk41 is a measured 1.8. the two sites i got info from are at: here , and here . eagletacs info site is probably less accurate then HKJ's review.
    oh and if it was the new xm-l wouldnt it say xm-l2? even if it was the new vs old i didnt think the difference in runtime was enough to where you could eliminate 2 batteries?
    The TK41 is an older design (June 2011), but has the latest emitter thrown in. The ET SX25A6 has a newly designed (Jan 2013) circuit and driver specifically developed to take advantage of the XML U2 bin emitter.

The number of batteries is arbitrary. The driver "bucks" the voltage down to ~3.4 volts for the XML emitter. Eagletac's website info is likely as accurate as it gets.

Just pre-ordered mine with discount including shipping $101.99

Unenlightened

MIKES250R,

If it's not rude to ask, what website and discount code did you use? I couldn't find a price close to $101

That's a typo. I paid $110.90 at Light Junction with discount.

Typo... I've been looking all over the 'net for that price too...
    Surefire E2D LED - Eagletac SX25A6 - Malkoff MD2,MD4,M60W - Nitecore EA4W - Fenix LD41 - 4Sevens Quark AA,AA2 - ITP A3 EOS - Thrunite Ti - Petzl Myo XP - Tiablo A8 WC Q5 - Box of Candles

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfire View Post
    MIKES250R,

If it's not rude to ask, what website and discount code did you use? I couldn't find a price close to $101
    Please check your PM's.
    PPDBillet HexLamp

Looks like they are ready to ship... I've just ordered a neutral.
    Surefire E2D LED - Eagletac SX25A6 - Malkoff MD2,MD4,M60W - Nitecore EA4W - Fenix LD41 - 4Sevens Quark AA,AA2 - ITP A3 EOS - Thrunite Ti - Petzl Myo XP - Tiablo A8 WC Q5 - Box of Candles

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

I want one...badly! (what else is new lol)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyRick View Post
    Looks like they are ready to ship... I've just ordered a neutral.
    Why do you say they are ready to ship?
    I see no indication dealers have received stock.
    A pre-order might say ETA 1/25, but it could easily be another month.

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    Why do you say they are ready to ship?
    I see no indication dealers have received stock.
    A pre-order might say ETA 1/25, but it could easily be another month.
    ...because the site I was about to preorder from (which I have been looking at for a couple of days) went from saying 'preorder' to 'in stock ready to ship', so I ordered and received shipping confirmation within minutes.

Although, I've just noticed on checking the page again that the order link says SX25A2, not 6. I'm sure that's a typo since there isn't an SX25A2 (I hope). Anyway, the rest of the advert says SX25A6.

Hmm... I've just checked again, and when added to the basket, the SKU is SX25L2, which does exist. I was charged the price for the SX25A6 though. I've emailed them to check all of this... Wonder what I'm going to get???
    Last edited by FoxyRick; 01-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyRick View Post

Hmm... I've just checked again, and when added to the basket, the SKU is SX25L2, which does exist. I was charged the price for the SX25A6 though. I've emailed them to check all of this... Wonder what I'm going to get???
    If you get an SX25L2 for that price it sounds like a good deal.

It would be if I wasn't trying to move to AA lights and away from Li ion

Unenlightened

Is the YRGB Kit for this light available for preorder anywhere? I could not find it anywhere.

Also is it safe to assume the kit is separate from the light and can be bought by itself when it becomes available?

It looks like I am getting the SX25A6 as I intended . Illumination Gear have corrected the website. No worries, just typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfire View Post
    Is the YRGB Kit for this light available for preorder anywhere? I could not find it anywhere.

Also is it safe to assume the kit is separate from the light and can be bought by itself when it becomes available?
    Not from where I ordered my light, but maybe elsewhere. I have a feeling that the kits will be a bit later than the initial release of the standard light.

As to if it can be bought separately and retrofitted: If Eagletac have been sensible, then yes. But perhaps not...

From Eagletac:
    "Extra signal connection through the body tube(pre-installed)
    Extra tailcap w/switch and tail-standing ability"

Hopefully this extra signal connection is already present in the standard model and just needs the extra tailcap to connect to it, rather than having a different body for the kit version. That is the sensible way to do things from my viewpoint.

It might be worth checking with Eagletac though, to make sure it is the case.