Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: OSTS TN31mb Monster Thrower

Default Re: OSTS TN31mb Monster Thrower

I am new here. I stumbled upon the OSTS TN31mb after reading several posts on CPF. Early on I did purchase a TN30 ( flickering issues using AW 3100 ) and a Tk75. I loved the feel and control ring on the TN30 but the tremendous flood and limited throw was not right for what I was trying to accomplish. Purchased the Tk75 which was great but still need more throw. After reading about the OSTS light I am confident this is the light I've been looking for. I did read that several people have received their lights and possible reviews are forthcoming. Looking forward to any and all reviews while I anxiously wait for the TN31mb. Invoice ID: 0000001262

Did a few quick beam shots last night. Had several lights, but thought I should post at least the TN31mb and TN31 over here.
    Target was a 12ft x 9ft tarp. Distance was 300m. One taken at full distance and one zoomed in. The quality isn't the greatest. Hopefully the image size is ok mods - it's wide screen so sizes is a bit wonky. I can repost if needed.
    Also the zoomed in shots are a little under exposed. Hard to get good quality zoomed in shots.
    But here we go -

TN31mb -

TN31(stock) -

TN31mb -

TN31(stock) -

just saw those! impressive that the stock tn31 has a chance against the dedomed sr90! thanks rdr!

Quote Originally Posted by Custom View Post
    just saw those! impressive that the stock tn31 has a chance against the dedomed sr90! thanks rdr!
    My Dedomed SR90 at least was a lot stronger than the stock TN31, measured at ~ 203k cd.

So the stock TN31 would be in more of fair race with a stock SR90...but not with a dedomed SR90.

The TN31mb is closer to ~ 400k cd, or ~ DOUBLE the dedomed SR90's cd.

I'm new to the forums and have gotten the flashlight bug and put an order in for the tn31 mb, this will be my seventh flashlight in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by houser23 View Post
    I'm new to the forums and have gotten the flashlight bug and put an order in for the tn31 mb, this will be my seventh flashlight in less than a month.

Nice 7th.

Have you already grabbed a DEFT-X for #8?

Not yet, letting my wallet take a breather, it's tempting though.

Enlightened

I just get refund for postage....Absolutely genuine man. Thanx Michael

Flashaholic*

I just got off duty and need to get to bed but I will give my first impression as I got the TN31mb today. I compared it directly to my Titanium Innovations L35(after warmup) and the hotspot of the TN31mb was clearly brighter which is saying a lot. My certificate was 407K, I think. It makes my Catapult look like it is not even on as far as the hotspot goes. I took it out tonight after I got home and it throws like crazy. I was able to clearly identify trees and buildings that are 1/4 mile away from my house which the L35 did but nowhere near as well as this. The throw is very impressive. The spill is nice and bright, too.

I will add more thoughts after I get to have more time with it but it is 10 degrees Fahrenheit and 20-30 mph wind with below zero windchill factors. The weather sucks to put it bluntly plus I am tired.

Did a little playing with a few lights last night, including the TN31mb. Thought it would be useful to post them up here. Conditions were very bright last night with an almost full moon. So the ambient light made taking these beam shots difficult. And yes the exposure times were extended. You could see the beams very easy naturally, but this made them work better for the photographs. Wasn't too far off what we were really seeing.
    And we are amateurs, so forgive the quality -
    The TN31mb (sorry, a little blurry) -

First shot has these lights in order, TN31, TN31mb, TN31 -

Next shot, in order, TK75, TN31, TN31mb, TN31, BTU -

Fantastic pictures! One question for you.... is the beam really that yellow on the TN31mb as the pics suggest?

It is closer to white and the others are more cool.

The beam on the TN31mb is likely in the 3.5-4k range, just guessing. The others are on the high side of the cool range, likely in the 6.5-7k range. So you notice the contrast pretty easy with the beams side by side. The BTU on the right is about 7k. That light is also a beast as you can see.
    Now I personally love CW lights. But the TN31mb's color temp isn't enough to bother me much. Especially when using it by itself I don't even notice the neutral or warmish color. So I'm cool with, especially knowing that's what it takes if I want a 400k+ throwing LED light. Well worth the trade off.
    Just playing around in that park last night, I'm still very impressed with it. The area we were in, I was surrounded by trees varying from 100m - 200m. This light puts VERY bright spot on trees at that distance. Intense spots.
    The TN31mb is one bad arse light

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1967 View Post
    Fantastic pictures! One question for you.... is the beam really that yellow on the TN31mb as the pics suggest?
    I love neutral tinted lights and all of mine are, which are many. The TN31mb is yellow tinted compared to my neutral white flashlights. I don't know if it is an effect of the de-doming or not. The tint is the only thing I don't like about this light. Again, all my lights are neutral white Cree XM-L and Nichia 219 but this is yellow compared to them. It is not warmer to my eyes like incandescent but actually yellow tinted. Outside it doesn't seem to matter that much, though, and the throw is incredible. I don't like the tint on this but it is still preferable to being blue or purple tinted in my opinion.

Did you happen to take pics of them all on pointing at the trees?...Nice pics BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    Did you happen to take pics of them all on pointing at the trees?...Nice pics BTW!
    Not yet. But we will. We experimented with horizontal shots and it works fine. We just want darker conditions before doing more shots. We'll get out and do again, better hopefully with other angles, in the next weekend or two.

MAD JEALOUS of y'all receiving your MBs!!

OSTS's work is a total pleasure to use..... no matter where the specific numbers land, these lights STAY RELEVANT!

It took me a bit of littering the forum with not-very-informative beamshots to understand that the quick, uncalibrated cellphone snaps are not nearly as useful as they initially seem. THANK YOU to our photographers in this thread!!!

Hello saabluster,
    How does the new DEFT-X coming online affect the delivery times of the TN31mb.
    Thanks
    JD

DITTO! I have been following the DEFT-X thread and was wondering the same thing! Mine order is pending fulfillment.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1911 View Post
    Hello saabluster,
    Thanks
    JD
    go to the DEFT-X thread and click on page 7 for behind the scenes answers.

Quote Originally Posted by houser23 View Post
    go to the DEFT-X thread and click on page 7 for behind the scenes answers.
    That's what prompted me to ask "saabluster" the question.

That's what prompted me to ask "saabluster" the question.
    YEP! I understand it is not like buying from Amazon but once you have spent the $$ you are only human to wonder if the 3-4 week promise might take longer after reading the DEFT-X thread.

Hello saabluster,
    Thanks
    JD
    The DEFT-X ramp up and the associated building work are not holding the TN31mb back at this very moment. Just waiting on a new shipment of lights. Should be here any day now. Once they get here I am going to get Mandy on them.

saabluster

Did you see my request to change to the DEFT-X instead of TN31mb?

Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    saabluster

Did you see my request to change to the DEFT-X instead of TN31mb?
    Yes. Don't worry. If you sent me a message to swap over and I sent you the TN31mb anyway you'd get it free

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    Yes. Don't worry. If you sent me a message to swap over and I sent you the TN31mb anyway you'd get it free
    Did you get my message to swap?...Just kidding..... I couldn't help myself...Sorry...

Enlightened

Yeeeessssss new baby arrived (402 Kcd) Thanks Michael. Very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    The DEFT-X ramp up and the associated building work are not holding the TN31mb back at this very moment. Just waiting on a new shipment of lights. Should be here any day now. Once they get here I am going to get Mandy on them.
    Yippie!!

Enlightened

WOW this is first flashlight with recoil. I just try it and it's absolutely amazing

Good grief. I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I'm trying to decide on a light but no one is making it easy. Looks like the "king of throw" got a new crown.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast