• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AMC Mule - New run for 2013?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aleph McClickie Mule is my favorite light. It is rare that a day goes by that I don't use my AMC Mule. It is showing it's age, but the wear has created a beautiful coppery patina in the black nickel coating. I wish that I had kept a shiny EN Mule from the group that I had purchased.

Is there enough interest out there to encourage Don to produce another run of these fantastic lights? I am in for at least 5 myself.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be down for one. DatiLED, can you post photos of your amc mule?

Here are some older photos of my light. The glow ring and soft press silicone boot are the only modifications that I have done to the light other than light engine swaps. I change out light engines frequently, so the Nichia 083 light engine has been replaced with a 5000K XM-L with BitZ 3-level converter board.
100_3593R.jpg

100_3592R.jpg

If the sun comes out tomorrow, I will try to capture some pictures of the beautiful coppery undertones that the light has developed with frequent use. They are somewhat visible in these pictures, but are much more noticeable now.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dati...you are my brother from another mother.

How many mule engines have you made for me now?!

I think after the New Year...I am going to send you something....

Mules RULE.

obi

nbp

Flashaholic
Dati, what do you see as the advantage of this Mule over the current offering?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dati, what do you see as the advantage of this Mule over the current offering?

The AMC Mules are plated aluminum, and sold for $105 in the last wave (minus a light engine). They are every bit a top quality McGizmo light, at a price point well below the titanium offerings. Even with a custom light engine, you would be under the $200 mark.

nbp

Flashaholic
I had one of the older EN Mules a bit ago; is that the same thing as you're talking about? That was a nice light and the price was good.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I had one of the older EN Mules a bit ago; is that the same thing as you're talking about? That was a nice light and the price was good.

Yep ... I often use this to run "specialty" light engines, like a red LED, or UV, or high CRI flood, etc - :twothumbs

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its very unlikely that this will happen. I believe it took Don over 2 years to sell all of the amc mules the first go around. However, worry not. You mule lovers will be in for a treat.

nbp

Flashaholic
Its very unlikely that this will happen. I believe it took Don over 2 years to sell all of the amc mules the first go around. However, worry not. You mule lovers will be in for a treat.

Such a tease, Joel!

:popcorn:

Vernon

Enlightened

DUDE! Tell us more...come on...

TweakMDS

Enlightened

I'm also very curious. As for a new run to be feasible: Of course Don's time is limited, but it looks like there's a few factors that should be considered:
- The flashlight crowd has become much bigger (CPF has grown).
- There's quite a few talented LED modders / module creators (such as Derek) who would benifit from such a light and possible buy higher volumes.
- The McGizmo brand is probably the most sought after these days.

I think that if a 100-200 light run for near the same price as the previous one might run only for a few months. I'll surely take a handful.

Anyway, you probably have some more background info on this so I'll patiently wait to see what other goodies we'll be able to lust after next.