Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER Baby Pin Converters Are Here !

Default SUPER Baby Pin Converters Are Here !

UPDATE 12-16-03 - the title says it all:

Just need to confirm that the heatsinks are indeed done -- no need to wait for them to actually arrive, if need be I could even make them myself by hand (just didn't feel like grinding out that many).

So I should be contacting the patient people on The List very, VERY soon.

Again, Thank You for your patience all this time. It will soon be very, VERY well worth the wait.

I am trotting this one out a little prematurely because we don't have all the electronics down just yet, but the output is already so good that I just had to share it.

We know what these lights are, right?

That "1,001" on the masking tape is the lux reading at one meter this particular Baby Pin puts out. The McLux is my personal one built by the great McGizmo using a BB750, I simply added a Q4H Batwing 1W Luxeon and NX-05 optic.

And here are the beams of these two lights in the same order:

It is apparent that soon, we will have to practically Give Away low domes to get rid of'em. High Domes (Lambertians) rule!

So the upstart-ish Baby Pin with its 1,001 lux output thinks it's a pretty bad guy, eh? Not when put up against its much taller basketball-playing jock cousin, the Super LGI:

The tape on the Super LGI is just a way of marking my keepers. And here are the beam shots of these two in the same order:

Yes, the typical story of the tall jock beating up on his short nerdy cousin. So the short nerdy cousin goes home and tells his also-short brother, but although not evident in this picture, the short brother works out and takes steroids:

So when they put the gloves on, this is the result (same order):

The brother's output matches the Super LGI's!

Yeah but what's the lux reading, you ask?

Introducing: the SUPER Baby Pin. And let me add that this is a preview only -- he is NOT done working out...

Default Re: SUPER Baby Pin?

Yow! Nice Charlie! and it's not done yet eh??? Can't wait [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Super Bababaaaby Pin.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif[/img]
    Looks pretty sweet for such a small package. When will baby get done with his work-out, maybe in a week or two?

Flashaholic

very nice, I want 1... err maybe 2...

Thanks Dark. Hey, you gonna call me when you're free or what? I have that item waiting for you!

Thanks Shannow, time will tell...I would like to be able to offer for sale the absolutely BRIGHTEST Led light of its size in the world.

[ QUOTE ]
    Zeppert said:
    Super Bababaaaby Pin.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif[/img]
    Looks pretty sweet for such a small package. When will baby get done with his work-out, maybe in a week or two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am hoping by sometime after the first of the year. All good things (like New circuit boards!) take time...

BTW, just for good measure the SUPER BP is running a SWAK inside its head...

Flashaholic*

Charlie, PM sent!!!!!!!!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: SUPER Baby Pin-SWAK/TWAK ?

[ QUOTE ]
    MR Bulk said:BTW, just for good measure the SUPER BP is running a SWAK inside its head...

[/ QUOTE ]
    define:"SWAK and TWAK"?? 8&gt [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

p.s.-yes, I did look in the acronym lists, but no dice. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Thanks Keith, got it.

Vcal, they are from among the better Bin Codes for the new Luxeon III:

SWAK and TWAK are Lumiled's new binning code.

Lumens
    Q 30.6 to 39.8
    R 39.8 to 51.7

S 60.0 to 67.2 <---
    T 67.2 to 87.4 <---

U 87.4 to 113.6

WA is the tint of white.

K is the voltage of the LED, 3.51v to 3.75v

Beat me to it Mr B [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Chart removed.

Hey at least I'm quick at something...

Flashaholic*

Thanks you all.
    Going by hotbeam's chart, the UWAK seems good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Hmmmmm,
    Telling people that UWAK can get you butt kicked in some places [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img] Charlie, you know I'm going to want one of those
    SBPs with a SWAK in its head. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
    Mike

Oh man... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] major [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I admit I'm powerless over...life has become unmanageable...I'm 12 steppin' alright. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Hotbeam, thanks for that explanation of the bin codes for these...I'm copying them with a grease pencil on my monitor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

BC

Flashaholic*

Charlie, this is going to be a super event at the CPF, a Super Baby Pin, I can't wait. PM sent!!!!!!

Charlie, I'm in! If I get enough Christmas money. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm in too, Charlie.

PP ready for pre-order! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BC

Flashaholic

I'm preparing to list my kidney on Ebay right now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Thank you, guys.

Just to make it worth the wait for loyal BulkAlumni faithful, I'm trying to develop this light as not only the brightest for its size, but to offer at least one other feature not available in combination with that kind of brightness in ANY mod up until now.

That's all I can divulge at this juncture, at least until I am assured by overseas partners that we can indeed pull this off. Otherwise it'll just be plain ol' "brightest in the world"...oh well, can't have it all.

Flashaholic*

put me down for one...paypal ready

Damn you to hell Bulkinator!! You goal in life is to completely deplete me of cash isn't it?? I just got my Baby Pin and before I even burn thru the first battery you have something that kicks its butt. Maybe I should just wait for the Ultra, Super Duper, Mega, IncrediBaby Pin, so I can see thru walls with it cause it's so bright. One that you have to wear sunglasses during the day to turn on. Ok Ok I want one!

If this is the line, then count me in!

Unnerv and Wolfen, Thanks. Please watch for the "real" sign-up post later on (or just e-me).

mst3k,

I think this is destined to be The One (I guess you can tell I watched The Matrix and Matrix II). But this one could change everything.

Really.

I've been reading about your various mods for weeks now. This one may be the place to jump in and see what all the fuss is about. Count me in please!

Todd

Flashaholic

Myself as well please--e-mail sent also.

How much to be sent via Paypal?

Hi guys, thanks for chiming in, we gotta see what the price will be once the new converter electronics are finalized and the extra features (if any) can be made to fit in there. In the meantime, please feel free to e-mail me (with your CPF handles)...

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast