SUPER Baby Pin Converters Are Here !

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE 12-16-03 - the title says it all:

SBP%20Converters.jpg

Just need to confirm that the heatsinks are indeed done -- no need to wait for them to actually arrive, if need be I could even make them myself by hand (just didn't feel like grinding out that many).

So I should be contacting the patient people on The List very, VERY soon.

Again, Thank You for your patience all this time. It will soon be very, VERY well worth the wait.

I am trotting this one out a little prematurely because we don't have all the electronics down just yet, but the output is already so good that I just had to share it.

We know what these lights are, right?

Super%20BP%20Mc%20Line.jpg

That "1,001" on the masking tape is the lux reading at one meter this particular Baby Pin puts out. The McLux is my personal one built by the great McGizmo using a BB750, I simply added a Q4H Batwing 1W Luxeon and NX-05 optic.

And here are the beams of these two lights in the same order:

Super%20BP%20Mc%20Beam.jpg

It is apparent that soon, we will have to practically Give Away low domes to get rid of'em. High Domes (Lambertians) rule!

So the upstart-ish Baby Pin with its 1,001 lux output thinks it's a pretty bad guy, eh? Not when put up against its much taller basketball-playing jock cousin, the Super LGI:

Super%20BP%20SDLGI%20Line.jpg

The tape on the Super LGI is just a way of marking my keepers. And here are the beam shots of these two in the same order:

Super%20BP%20SDLGI%20Beam.jpg

Yes, the typical story of the tall jock beating up on his short nerdy cousin. So the short nerdy cousin goes home and tells his also-short brother, but although not evident in this picture, the short brother works out and takes steroids:

Super%20BP%20SBP%20Line.jpg

So when they put the gloves on, this is the result (same order):

Super%20BP%20SBP%20Beam.jpg

The brother's output matches the Super LGI's!

Yeah but what's the lux reading, you ask?

Super%20BP%20Lux.jpg

Introducing: the SUPER Baby Pin. And let me add that this is a preview only -- he is NOT done working out...

Zeppert

Enlightened
Re: SUPER Baby Pin?

Super Bababaaaby Pin.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
Looks pretty sweet for such a small package. When will baby get done with his work-out, maybe in a week or two?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks Dark. Hey, you gonna call me when you're free or what? I have that item waiting for you!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks Shannow, time will tell...I would like to be able to offer for sale the absolutely BRIGHTEST Led light of its size in the world.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Zeppert said:
Super Bababaaaby Pin.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif
Looks pretty sweet for such a small package. When will baby get done with his work-out, maybe in a week or two?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am hoping by sometime after the first of the year. All good things (like New circuit boards!) take time...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

BTW, just for good measure the SUPER BP is running a SWAK inside its head...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SUPER Baby Pin-SWAK/TWAK ?

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:BTW, just for good measure the SUPER BP is running a SWAK inside its head...

[/ QUOTE ]
define:"SWAK and TWAK"?? 8>) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

p.s.-yes, I did look in the acronym lists, but no dice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks Keith, got it.

Vcal, they are from among the better Bin Codes for the new Luxeon III:

LuxeonBinningColourChart.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

SWAK and TWAK are Lumiled's new binning code.

Lumens
Q 30.6 to 39.8
R 39.8 to 51.7

S 60.0 to 67.2 <---
T 67.2 to 87.4 <---

U 87.4 to 113.6

WA is the tint of white.

K is the voltage of the LED, 3.51v to 3.75v

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beat me to it Mr B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chart removed.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks you all.
Going by hotbeam's chart, the UWAK seems good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Likebright

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Charlie, you know I'm going to want one of those
SBPs with a SWAK in its head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
Mike

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif major /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I admit I'm powerless over...life has become unmanageable...I'm 12 steppin' alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hotbeam, thanks for that explanation of the bin codes for these...I'm copying them with a grease pencil on my monitor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BC

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie, this is going to be a super event at the CPF, a Super Baby Pin, I can't wait. PM sent!!!!!!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie, I'm in! If I get enough Christmas money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts