Fenix 2013: 3000 Plus Lumens coming?

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
just saw it on their Facebook page...

Fenix Lighting USA · 18,429 like this
December 26, 2012 at 7:25pm ·

• [h=5]Fenix Friends: Get ready for some new lighting options in 2013 to fit every budget, power preference (battery and rechargeable) and output range -- even over 3000 lumens. Best wishes for a safe New Year for you and yours.[/h]

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the new XML2 coming out very soon, I'd suspect we'll see a lot of 3000+ lumen triples coming out from many new makers.

I'd wait for them to come out, if you want the most for your money.

eusty

Newly Enlightened
mmmm...my next torch maybe not a TK75 after all....

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I´ve seen it as well!:) I hope that we will se a real thrower with 3XML diods more powerfull with better throw and spill than the TK75 and that does not step down in effect after 20 minutes of use in the turbo mode. Hope that it will also has a built in magazine for 18650 batteries with a port for a charger, so that one does not has to disassemble each battery at a time in order to reload it.

This might be at thrower monster!:wow: Hope to hear about it soon,as well as other news from Fenix!

kj2

Flashaholic
Look what I found :D - Fenix RC15
15ztif.jpg

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now are we talking about NEW lights or upgraded versions of existing lights (such as the TK70 and TK75)?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a direct quote from Fenix/Facebook:

"Fenix Friends: Get ready for some new lighting options in 2013 to fit every budget, power preference (battery and rechargeable) and output range -- even over 3000 lumens. Best wishes for a safe New Year for you and yours."

snala

Newly Enlightened
Fair enough.

Just thinking too. If they changed the TK75 to be an XML 2 it will obviously be slightly better but say 3000L vs 2600 with the same reflectors, I honestly don't think that most people would be able to tell the difference?? Guessing too that this means more heat even if driven the same with the higher output bin? Hopefully runtime is improved too at the same time as the main benefit in this case then.
I mean won't it just be a case like the TK35 original vs the U2 model. Slightly better due to LED progress but not the end of the world if you bought the first version and you got to use it for 6 months too before the upgrade came out. It's winter over there for most of you so having a TK75 2600 now vs waiting till maybe summer to get the improved version would be pretty useful. I mean, you get these to use them right not just to show your friends you have a bright flashlight??!!

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, I don't think I'll be buying an upgraded tk75 since I already own the current one. If they put the XML2 into the TK70 I'd think about it ;)

snala

Newly Enlightened
I agree, I don't think I'll be buying an upgraded tk75 since I already own the current one. If they put the XML2 into the TK70 I'd think about it ;)

Yes that would be an upgrade to that one.
How about this for an idea.
Fenix sells the TK71 and TK76 both with new emitters, Neutral in the TK76 for spill and better colour rendition, CW in the TK71 for throw.
BUT, as the heads only as you specify or buy the battery parts as per your needs. So both heads can take the D cells handles or the 18650 cartridges?