Anyone else think SF should make smooth reflectors?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like to see SF make there P series lamps available in a smooth reflector version for better throw. I know I would buy one of each, anyone else?
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The beam shape and light distribution of SureFires are carefully designed to increase your effectiveness in low light / no light "tactical" situations. My understanding is that research leads SureFire away from tight beams for shorter range illumination tools (such as two cell SF123A models) because they can disadvantage users.

Me myself personally don't need no tactical advantage so tight beams are a preference. However, I've found that when actually using light, for all but spot illumination at range, tigher beams are less useful to me.

What I want is a close range lower intensity flood beam and a high output intense narrow beam for longer range (from a single bezel rechargeable flashlight, built like a brick chickenhut and the size of an M2/M3 with a high quality pocketclip or various other carry methods.)

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I've often wished for this, but they would also have to reconfigure the reflector for tighter focus, and probably increase its diameter. The brightest, longest throw 2x123 lights are the ASP Taclite and the TACM III. They both have smooth reflectors that are larger than the Surefires.

Brightnorm