New Fenix RC40 - 4 Cree XM-L U2 3400 Lumens Flashlight Due Out Next Month

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
This just in guys. I received this info today from a Fenix source.

Yes, I think you are talking about RC40. Fenix did give us some basic information about this light but they haven't sent the official announcement yet. Here is what we have for your reference. Price is not available. Factory planed to launch this item in Feb.

RC40
4* Cree XM-L U2
black
1*built-in rechargeable li-ion battery (7800mAh,with 6*18650 batteris in it)
3400 lumens
240h
750m
5 (turbo, high, mid, low, strobe)
Feb.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
My guess is it will have the same size head as the TK70 and a battery pack about like the Olight SR90. That would be my bet.

g.p.

Enlightened
I've been looking forward to 3000+ lumens, but I'm not sure how I feel about a built in battery pack. What do you do once the special pack craps out?

sbbsga

Enlightened
Wow. Quadruple XM-L generating 3,400 lumens that throws 750m. The reflector must be huge.

2013 is going to be really interesting.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should't Fenix make something that could rival Olight's SR95UT? Would be nice to have more options in the BIG BOYS lights.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Should't Fenix make something that could rival Olight's SR95UT? Would be nice to have more options in the BIG BOYS lights.

I agree. But notice Fenix isn't in the market for the super high price lights. They typically like staying around the $200 mark top end.

They might be able to pull this one off at $225. But don't hold your breath.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. But notice Fenix isn't in the market for the super high price lights. They typically like staying around the $200 mark top end.

yup, its a more lucrative market in the edc market. cheaper lights, bigger sales volumes. i think the new sweet spot for lights are in the 40-60+ range of pricing. Look at the new offerings from Nitecore, a lot are in the 60+ range.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

And arent they rumored to be sister companies along with FourSevens? That was why 4Sevens.Com used to have links to Fenix and Olight lights for sale, right?

Latest posts