• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Silver McLux 917's *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
FS: Silver McLux 917\'s *SOLD*

Hi guys,

I have 4 ea. silver 917's for sale. What is a 917? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well sorry but it isn't the best race car ever made (Porsche 917) but I must admit that the number has always been *special* to me because of Porsche. These are raw Al McLux-PR's with Luxeon III's driven by DB 917 mA converters. I was looking for a compromise between 750 mA and 1 amp and when I saw that there was a 917 solution, I immediately went for it.

I am asking $110 ea. for these and this includes Priority Mail shipping. If you want one, please state so here and E-mail me your mailing address so I can get one out to you.

As I said, there are four available at present. If I can get around to making some more, I will start a new B/S/T or append this thread.

Down the road, I hope to offer a few 917T's as well. (Targa? I wish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..........The T would designate "Trim" or for some "Turbo". Hey, turbo is a car part! In fact the *real* 917 had 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

Thanks for looking.

- Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

EDIT: this offer is for the HEAD ONLY; you need to supply the power pak

unnerv

Enlightened
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s

Those sound really nice...and it is rare that I can get in this early, but alas, I just spent my light budget for the next couple of months on a mini lathe.

Thanks Don for creating all your really cool lights. I think you have inspired alot of the modding that goes on here at CPF.

For anyone who has not had a chance to see a PR head in person, they are beautiful and extremely bright. Definately can't go wrong with one of these.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

AlphaTea,

Thanks for the point of clarification request. These are HEAD ONLY. They will work on "E" style power paks providing Vin from 4.5 to 14 V. I.E. 2x123, 3x123 and 3x123. They will work on lower voltage but the LED will be underdriven in DD mode.

- Don

daz

Newly Enlightened

Could you put me down for one.I`ll E-mail you my mailing address and send you pay pal.Thanks McGizmo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

daz,

Thanks and you're covered. 3 left.

- Don

snuffy

Enlightened

I'm in for one. Email on the way. What's the Luxeon bin on these ?
hmmm, now where can I find a body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

uhammer

Newly Enlightened

Don,

Can you give some info on beam profile? Is it more for throw or flood?

If it is more for throw, please put me down for one. Please provide the Paypal info (I am assuming the email address in your profile?); I will get the Paypal out to you today. Thanks.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don,
Just in case you haven't fiddled with the li-ion rechargeables, the downboy runs really well on the Pilas as well.

So, if you have the Pilas or equivalent, you could feed this beast almost indefinitely.

BTW, have you noticed much of a difference in heat/runtime by not going over that 1A mark?

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uhammer, The pr (pelican m6 reflector) is as far as I know the best throw in its size.

Don, What is this "turbo" thing? bigger head?

uhammer

Newly Enlightened

Thanks AilSnail. I actually already have 2x 5W McModule (w/ another 5W and 1W R2H coming in the mail as we speak from Kiessling). But the PM6 is kinda too big to for some situations. I am kinding that an E2e would be better. I am not that impressed w/ my L4 because I am more of a throw guy so I sold the L4. As long as it has more throw than my LSH-P, I am happy. What kind of optics (if any) is in the PR head (NX05?)? Thanks in advance.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

unnerv,

Thanks and wise investment!! You now make your own and do it *your* way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Snuffy,

OK and thanks. You are the 2ond one then. I will respond to your E-mail momentarily..... Bin is SWAM. These are bright with a slight blue tint when compared to other "white" light sources.

Uhammer,

The Pelican reflector is indeed a tight and intense beam with a 1W or the III. This light is designed to reach out there and yet the spill is ample in brightness to be of use. I will set you in the que for the 3rd unit; thanks.

Chop,

Yeah, I know the Li-Ions work well with these but I am trying to avoid any potential *problems* since they are still not UL approved and they can be abused; at least on the charging side. User beware.

AilSnail,

The T would be a "trimed version" using the PR reflector. I suggested the term turbo due to the profile; not to indicate a larger diameter reflector. This is getting ahead of reality here anyway. My bad.

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s *SOLD*

lightbulb,

You got it and that's all for now. Thanks!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

What the...? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, BC0311...

Get in line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I missed out on this too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

DON...EMAIL SENT!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wha..what's that? Turbo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm gettin' in on this one. I'm in line behind you Carpe !

BC

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif Is there a line or do we just have to wait and watch? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Please put me in the queue if there is one.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s (a couple more)

Hi guys,

Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner but I don't like to sell something that hasn't been made yet. Anyway, I have taken care of Carpe and BC0311. I have 4 more of these silver 917's available and the first one is reserved for FlashlightOCD on two conditions:
1) he let me know one way or another in a reasonable time frame.
2) he clue this dummy into what OCD means!?!?!?!?

This leaves three of these up for grabs to the first three folks who so state their claim here on this thread and are kind enough to E-mail me their mailing addresses.

Again, this is for the head only. You provide an appropriate host.

Thanks,

Don