New Surefire Lights at SHOT Show 2013

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like SF is going to make some product announcements (according to a drunk rep in Las Vegas last night, uh, I mean to say a well placed source who has reported reliably in the past :)):

The 4000 lumen LED Annihilator

P2X Fury updated to 600 lumens from 500 lumens

P3X Fury - 800 lumens

Weaponlight mount kits for both Fury's

X300V White and IR weaponlight

X400V-IR White, IR and laser weaponlight

E2D LED Defender Ultra 500 lumens

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire just posted a video up on youtube about their new product line up, looks great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaDzaErCSo I am really interested in the new x300v and how the new OMNI switch functions.

Thanks! I see the P1R Peacekeeper, 700 lumens dual mode clicky. Looks like a combo of the Fury-styled head, knurled body and LX2 type tailcap.

SF has filed recent trademark applications for the names 'Aegis', 'Wasp' and 'Mantis'.

A curiously abandoned SF trademark is 'The Eye of Allah' :confused: : http://www.trademarkia.com/the-eye-of-allah-78470388.html

Last edited:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
we shall see what really comes to "light". They are as usual notorious for showing awesome items that never make it to the shelves and then gets dropped or faded into the background the following year.

I am interested in a couple of the lights they showed in that video. At least 5 of them I would buy immediately if they were available in 2013.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
That e2dl sounds great, what they will use for 500lm?

I speculate that it is the same head electronics with a TIR optic as the recently released X300 Ultra and the EB1 Backup. The EB1 puts out 200 lumens on one CR123, it is thought to have a Cree XP-E emitter. However, I think the X300 Ultra, and presumably the E2DL Ultra, must have an upgraded emitter to get 500 lumens (they are two cell designs).

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the P1R Peacekeeper also, it would be my first Surefire rechargeable since my 8x back in '94.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the P3X Fury.
..if anyone SF owners know, is the light output on these lights brilliant pure white?.
my fenix pd32ue is creamy white (3C tint), but a whiter white would be nice too.
wondering if its as really white as the videos show, whiter than the pd32ue, or is it just some cooler blue.

thanks.

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
New for 2013...the 2012 lights. I wonder if they are still going to produce the UM2 Ultra?

I'd laugh if it weren't so true... :shakehead

That new P1R seems to have the same funky mixed motif design of the UM2 Ultra: Head like the P2X/Fury series, knurled body like the classic PK lights and ribbed tailcap like the LX2/A2L lights. As others have observed, there seem to be several new lights around the 500 lumen mark in addition to the 'classic' P2X Fury: the LX2 Lumamax Ultra, the X300 Ultra and now (I claim, I don't believe it's in the just released video) the E2DL Defender Ultra.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
500/600lm screams 2-cell XM-L light to me. It expect they have a high likelihood of being XM-L2 emitters. The XM-L2 makes sense since they are a lot cheaper; if you're going to buy a bunch for some new lights it does not make much sense to buy the older more expensive emitters.

Craig K

Enlightened
WOW look at that 4000 lumen LED Annihilator What LED will that use to get 4000 lumens?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

KarstGhost

Enlightened
The 4000 lumen LED Annihilator has my interest! Would that be the brightest production LED light with the exception of the olight X6?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been asking for years for 1xAA with 2 or 3 stage clicky. Cmon now every manufacturer has one why not Surefire.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been asking for years for 1xAA with 2 or 3 stage clicky. Cmon now every manufacturer has one why not Surefire.

eprbm.jpg

:laughing:

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
I think the E2D Ultra is a must have just to match my current E2DL. E series package with 500 lumens,Oh Yah!!