HDS Systems
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 223

Thread: Eagletac GX25A3

  1. #1

    Default Eagletac GX25A3

    I see in Eagletacs literature that it says, "the GX25A3 is 14500 battery friendly." If it is putting out 738 lumens on three Enloops, how many lumens would it crank out on three 14500s? I wonder how it will compare to my Nitecore EA4? I would love to try four 14500s in my EA4 but I am scared as it would surely fry it. This makes the GX25A3 really interesting IMO

  2. #2

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKES250R View Post
    putting out 738 lumens on three Enloops
    your quoting LED lumens.
    your EA4 does ANSI lumens!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    According to the Eagletac literature 738 is the ANSI lumens, the LED lumens for the GX25A3 is 893.

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKES250R View Post
    I see in Eagletacs literature that it says, "the GX25A3 is 14500 battery friendly." If it is putting out 738 lumens on three Enloops, how many lumens would it crank out on three 14500s? I wonder how it will compare to my Nitecore EA4? I would love to try four 14500s in my EA4 but I am scared as it would surely fry it. This makes the GX25A3 really interesting IMO
    It will put out the exact same lumens. It has a "buck" circuit. It will buck the voltage from 12.6 volts down to about 3.4 volts to drive the LED. Since a 14500 has about 750mAh and a good AA can have up to 2500mAh, there is no reason to expect longer runtimes either.

    How the heck is this post the first peep on CPF about Eagletac's new 3AA light. There is no other information other than the user guide for the SX25A6. Here's what I got:

    Eagletac GX25A3 XMLU2
    5/100/300/738 ANSI lumens
    3AA/1400
    2.7v-12.6v
    3 mode selector ring
    4.3" x 1.5"




  5. #5
    Flashaholic jonnyfgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Nice find! Hopefully it will throw almost as good as the EA4.
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

  6. #6

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    I pre-ordered the six AA version of this light but, from what I have heard here, they will not ship until January 25th. One of the neat features I love about these lights is that there is no need for a battery carrier, the body is the battery holder. My little EA4 shares this same feature as well.
    Last edited by MIKES250R; 01-16-2013 at 04:55 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    They should use the new XM-L2 led.
    There are too many XM-L U2 flashlights on the market and i dont really like this led :P

  8. #8
    Flashaholic thijsco19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    [...]
    Eagletac GX25A3 XMLU2
    5/100/300/738 ANSI lumens
    3AA/1400
    2.7v-12.6v
    3 mode selector ring
    4.3" x 1.5"
    I don't think it uses a selector ring, just a twist of the head for mode changing.
    flashlight newby, like led-flashlights!!

  9. #9
    Flashaholic Sir Lightalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The State of Denial
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    It will put out the exact same lumens. It has a "buck" circuit. It will buck the voltage from 12.6 volts down to about 3.4 volts to drive the LED. Since a 14500 has about 750mAh and a good AA can have up to 2500mAh, there is no reason to expect longer runtimes either.
    That's not how capacity works...You have to multiply by the voltage of the cell to get Watt-hours. A typical 14500 has quite a bit more energy than a NiMH cell.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lightalot View Post
    That's not how capacity works...You have to multiply by the voltage of the cell to get Watt-hours. A typical 14500 has quite a bit more energy than a NiMH cell.
    Umm
    Last edited by GordoJones88; 04-27-2013 at 04:49 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    They should use the new XM-L2 led.
    There are too many XM-L U2 flashlights on the market and i dont really like this led :P
    Not that I don`t like the U2. But I`m feeling stuck in the mud. Makes me want to keep my wallet shut. Time for manufactures to move on to brighter better LED`s. Give me a real reason to spend more...

  12. #12
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    Not that I don`t like the U2. But I`m feeling stuck in the mud. Makes me want to keep my wallet shut. Time for manufactures to move on to brighter better LED`s. Give me a real reason to spend more...
    The XM-L2 T6 is only 1 bin above the XM-L U2 for an increase of about 7% output on average. A 500 lumen light will get bumped up to 535 lumens. When the XML2 lights start flooding the market this year, everyone will be eagerly anticipating the next better XML3.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    The XM-L2 T6 is only 1 bin above the XM-L U2 for an increase of about 7% output on average. A 500 lumen light will get bumped up to 535 lumens. When the XML2 lights start flooding the market this year, everyone will be eagerly anticipating the next better XML3.
    What about the XML U3?

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    What about the XML U3?
    XM-L U3 is essentially the same as the XM-L2 T6.

    XM-L T6
    XM-L U2
    XM-L U3 = XM-L2 T6

  15. #15

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    XM-L U3 is essentially the same as the XM-L2 T6.

    XM-L T6
    XM-L U2
    XM-L U3 = XM-L2 T6
    Not sure what that means? More neutral in tint? And less lumen than the XM-L2?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    These guy`s are claiming a 20% increase with the L2 over the U2? http://www.thrunite.com/en/Productde...68&ClassID=116

  17. #17
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    These guy`s are claiming a 20% increase with the XML2 over the U2? http://www.thrunite.com/en/Productde...68&ClassID=116
    Cree LED manufacturer claims in their marketing that the new XM-L2 T6 is "Up To 20% brighter" than the XM-L T6. That is a 2 bin difference. The claim is kind of like saying the best and brightest XM-L2 T6 is 20% brighter than the dimmest and worst XM-L T6. I believe it would be better stated that "on average" each bin should yield around a 7% increase in brightness.

    There is a chance marketing at Thrunite misunderstood the Cree promotional materials. You cannot just multiply the previous ANSI FL1 data times 20% and claim that is what is output by the new light. That looks to be what they did, and it is not how the ANSI FL1 standard works. Furthermore, if the new light is using an XM-L2 T6 over last years XM-L U2, that is a 1 bin difference, for about a 7% increase in brightness on average.

    Regardless of any unintentional marketing errors, that light is incredibly bright and looks absolutely terrific.
    Last edited by GordoJones88; 01-22-2013 at 09:55 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Eagletac SX25A6 has shipped!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Very nice 3AA light with plenty lpower or runtime for vacation trips or power failure (does happen every 2 year in The Netherlands so you better be prepared!! ) The only light that attracts me a tad more is the ea4 from nitecore.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    Here's what I got:

    Eagletac GX25A3 XMLU2
    5/100/300/738 ANSI lumens
    3AA/1400
    2.7v-12.6v
    3 mode selector ring
    4.3" x 1.5"
    All right the specs have changed.
    It's now XML2U2.
    I don't think that selfbuilt has already got his hands on the GX25A3 neither do i believe that it could ever rival the sheer popularity of EA4 but this should become an interesting release in any case!



    Last edited by shelm; 02-23-2013 at 06:22 AM.

  21. #21
    Flashaholic jonnyfgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Holy carp, 1116 lumens (emitter) with the XM-L2. I'm getting this one for sure.
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

  22. #22
    Flashaholic holylight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    475

    Christo Pull Hair Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    Okay, what am I missing, show me or fix my equations.

    Watt = Volts x Amps

    1.4 volt Nihm x 2500mAh = 3500 VoltAmpHours = 3500 WattHours

    4.2 volt Lion x 750mAh = 3150 VoltAmpHours = 3150 WattHours
    I regretted not studying harder during school time. sorry I cannot help u ...
    lights: saber1a, v11r, sc52, sc600ii, ea4, tn31, archer1a.



  23. #23
    Flashaholic* kj2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,182

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Any word about when it's been released?
    “Videre Nec Videri”

  24. #24
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong & Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    I would like to know too but there's no info on their website.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    I'm not sure why there is any confusion gordo but the only thing I see wrong with your formula is the decimal. It's actually 3.5 watt hours and 3.15 watt hours. We used to make that kind of mistake a lot back in the slipstick days.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Man this looks really nice. I wonder how it'll stack up to the 3AA that 4sevens is going to come out with.

    So does it or doesn't it have a selector ring? Or is it like the 6AA where you twist the head?

    Either way, i think i'm gettit though... hahah

  27. #27
    Flashaholic thijsco19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    Quote Originally Posted by InquisitiveInquirer View Post
    So does it or doesn't it have a selector ring? Or is it like the 6AA where you twist the head?
    (Almost?) Every eagletac flashlight works with a head twist, so I quess it's exactly the same as the SX25A6.

    The only big qeustions remains: When is it going to be released?!
    flashlight newby, like led-flashlights!!

  28. #28
    Flashaholic* GordoJones88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    The GX25A3 is not even officially on Eagletac's website. I've noticed once they do add it to their website, it takes at least a month or two to start shipping out.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3



    see Eagletac-USA.com website, price 94.90$

    Won't be as popular as Nitecore EA4 for various reasons, e.g. higher price, lesser brand popularity, few "professional" ET flashlight reviews and poor marketing, but this light is clearly the brightness leader (3xAA: 915 ET ANSI lm). beats the EA4 (4xAA: 860 NC lm) and beats the upcoming Zebralight S5310 (3xAA: 900 ZL lm).

    Eagletac, Nitecore and Zebralight are on top of the scene with similar lights

    • side clicky 1xXML: TX25C2 L2, EC25 U2, SC600 MkII U3
    • multi-AA shorty: GX25A3 L2, EA4 U2, S5310 U3
    • triple XML shorty: MZ25C8 L2, TM15 U2, S6330 U3
    • single-AA EDC compact: D25A L2/G2, SENS AA R5, SC52 U2


    Last edited by shelm; 03-01-2013 at 11:44 AM.

  30. #30
    Flashaholic jonnyfgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: Eagletac GX25A3

    I've been checking ET's website everyday for info on this bad boy. I wonder if it will be able to get the full 915 otf lumens off 3 eneloops? I'm guessing no.
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •