Ebay Scammer of Tiny Monster 15 Caught

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Ebay took the seller down and if you call their 800 number, they are issuing immediate refunds rather than have to wait 45 days on a case.

They caught 'em.

The same seller from China still has another account with the TM 15 being sold 90% discount. This account should be down soon.

More than 300 'sold', and he used fake tracking number.

Ebay handling it well.

Dubois

Enlightened
Good to see. Is there any way of telling eBay that a deal is a dead certain scam?

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Ebay told me that they had access to information that customers did not, and there would be no reason to wait the 45 days, and so forth. They said that they are not allowed to give out details, even though it is an "ex member"; but "you will have your refund in less than 72 hours; no, actually, you should have it right away. I can do this. " It was a quick and painless call.

The scammer hopes that people will not take the time to fill out the info with ebay and paypal. Percentage wise, they may end up making some money. 400 "sold" at one point, and the other offer is still up as now.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was very enlightening to watch unfold. Since there were over 400+ sold of the TM15 at $40, this is helpful to know since at least a few CPF members probably gave this deal a shot hoping for the best. This one listing pulled in $16,000. However, he had a total of 8 listings that pulled in over $50,000 in just a few days. The account was over a year old and had nearly 200 positive feedback from the selling of .50 cent jewelry to himself. At least half of the people would have been strung along past the full 45 days of Paypal Protection with promises that the fake tracking number "should be there any day now, Chinese New Year slow down shipment".

argleargle

Enlightened
EEK! :green: I almost got taken! I bought something else at the last minute! Score one for procrastination.

1 down, but how many more to go? :(

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! I saw that little monster for $39.00 and told myself.... too good to be true! Didn't order one! Whew! I already have one anyway.

johnjr

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys i'm new here and just getting caught up on reading some posts, I have the TM15 and I think it would be too good to be true at 40.00, I'm glad Ebay caught them!

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I was hoping it was a TM 15 clone of sorts.

No one who did place the order should have any difficulty getting an immediate refund.

I have been considering the TM 15, but have not wanted to spend that much...of course, after reading about the TM15, I thought it would be a great light and then I read about Fenix RC 40...wow! I do like the idea of being able to plug in a flashlight instead of removing the batteries, to recharge, since I use the brightest setting outdoors almost nightly.

I have placed an order with DX; my first. I read that some people here have had good experiences with them. I got the TM 11 clone from Amazon but it did not work out well...

Last edited:

Sector7

Enlightened
just went to check around and I see another scammer selling one with charger and 4 batteries for 26 bucks free ship :crazy:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a new 2013 Aston Martin DBS for $35,000. Anyone interested?

Any time someone is selling something for 1/5 the seller's price, its probably always safe to say that you shouldnt buy it! There were some lights being sold by off brands that look very similar to Thrunite lights, but even they werent being sold for 1/5 the price. They were more like 60-70% of the full Thrunite price.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was very enlightening to watch unfold. Since there were over 400+ sold of the TM15 at $40, this is helpful to know since at least a few CPF members probably gave this deal a shot hoping for the best. This one listing pulled in $16,000. However, he had a total of 8 listings that pulled in over $50,000 in just a few days. The account was over a year old and had nearly 200 positive feedback from the selling of .50 cent jewelry to himself. At least half of the people would have been strung along past the full 45 days of Paypal Protection with promises that the fake tracking number "should be there any day now, Chinese New Year slow down shipment".

CNY, Still a long way to go, its not even spring yet in lunar calender:whistle:

n2stuff

Newly Enlightened
I've got a new 2013 Aston Martin DBS for $35,000. Anyone interested?

Any time someone is selling something for 1/5 the seller's price, its probably always safe to say that you shouldnt buy it! There were some lights being sold by off brands that look very similar to Thrunite lights, but even they werent being sold for 1/5 the price. They were more like 60-70% of the full Thrunite price.
Would you take a bridge in trade for the Aston:devil:

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Actually, there is yet another China seller on ebay who just listed a Tiny Monster 15 for $24.99. The one that was caught still has a 2nd account and has it up for $29.99. So right now, two china sellers are using the exact same pictures, ads, etc for scamming.

I wonder how long it will take Ebay to bring them down...

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I recommend considering the SkyRay King.

I did get one from China but it is defective. The Amazon seller refused to take back so I had to file with Amazon and offered video.

By the way, the two other scammers were taken down this morning from ebay.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
What was wrong with it?

I think it was ill manufactured. The batteries rattled around. I tried several but to no avail. The on/off switch is very loose and cheap, and the flashlight can go off and on while walking. I am not sure if this is because of loose batteries (different sizes didn't change things), or the weak on/off switch.