18650 Batteries Available Locally?

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I have searched on the topic and concluding from posts from 2011, it appears that it is very difficult to buy 18650 batteries from local stores.

Has this changed since 2011?

I called a Battery Plus store here and the clerk had never heard of them.

I called Radio Shack and got the same response.

Hardware stores?

Or, must I still wait upon shipping?

I got in a few 18650 batteries from China that were very poor quality, including one that is literally falling apart at the top.

klmmicro

Newly Enlightened
Not sure who you spoke with at Batteries Plus, but my local one sells them in several varieties. They also sell chargers and cell cases. Might want to call them again, or actually go in to the location.

Not sure about RS...gave up on them ages as their prices are usually astronomically high.

dparr

Newly Enlightened
Radio Shack sells a "UltraFire 3.7V/2400mAh Li-ion 18650" on-line. It's $10, seems to be a bit high.

You could get a local store to order one for you.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Thanks; I am a bit impatient as the TM 15 arrived yesterday, but the tracking number for the Batteries showed due to arrive today, but didn't. (separate purchases).

Since I know I would want some back ups, I figured I would buy 4 locally.

Radio Shack locally: zip. They only sell them online, not locally.
Batteries Plus: They had Tenergy but have none in stock.
Home Depot: Sells Fenix flashlight, but no batteries; must buy online.
a military store that sells tactical flashlights are out of them. "Call us in a couple of weeks..."

I was just hoping to go out and pick up 4 protected cells. The ones I bought from ebay that were advertised as protected are not.

I will be patient. Trying to save money through ebay did not work well.

I have four 2600 Nitecores coming.

For the Tiny Monster 15, anyone think there is a better battery to use?

Last edited:

TK41

Newly Enlightened
First, where about do you live?

Around California, Fry's Electronics carries a Tenergy 2 pack 18650 with charger for $30. Last time I checked a local Fry's, they had many in stock, but didn't pick any up because I didn't see too many rave reviews about them nor the charger they came with (the TN270).

http://www.frys.com/product/7222093

I have searched on the topic and concluding from posts from 2011, it appears that it is very difficult to buy 18650 batteries from local stores.

Has this changed since 2011?

I called a Battery Plus store here and the clerk had never heard of them.

I called Radio Shack and got the same response.

Hardware stores?

Or, must I still wait upon shipping?

I got in a few 18650 batteries from China that were very poor quality, including one that is literally falling apart at the top.

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fry's also sells loose 18650s and 26650s. The 26650s all seem to have tabs. But they're still available.

erknjerk

Newly Enlightened
US Local Places To Buy Batteries

Since there is some hold up to buying Chinese batteries, is there any local places to buy new cells? I've seen only 1 at Fry's but it was low in capacity.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Re: US Local Places To Buy Batteries

It would help if you stated where you were in the USA...

You can always buy batteries from US based flashlight stores online as well.

erknjerk

Newly Enlightened

I'm in the northwest. But I just wanted to know or any US based store that has them to avoid long shipping times and delays due to the Li-ion shipping dangers.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
US Local Places To Buy Batteries

The PNW had several flashlight shops, at least one of which carries batteries.

T0rch

Newly Enlightened

I had a similar question. Coming from RC I'm new to 18650's and the other types. Finding them locally is difficult.

Last edited:

5pyral

Newly Enlightened
I saw them at my local batteris plus as well, but I don't know if they are decent.

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
Last 18650s I got were from ebay. 4X panasonic 3400 protected. 19.99, free shipping from Utah. Easy peasy. Works great in my TM15.

Last edited:

erknjerk

Newly Enlightened
Dark slayer please pm the seller if you can find it! That sounds like a deal.

Dark Slayer

Newly Enlightened
Dark slayer please pm the seller if you can find it! That sounds like a deal.
Well quess I had a senior moment. The price is 19.85 for TWO not four. I knew they were around $10 per cell but typed it wrong. Still it's pretty much the cheapest I've seen for those. Just search for "3400 18650" and sort by price. Jeez I'm sorry. Do they still make Geritol....

funkychateau

Enlightened
Fry's currently has Tenergy AC/DC 2-bay charger with two protected 2600 maH 18650's for $19.99. The sale flyer expires tomorrow, don't know what the "regular" price will be. The charger looks very handy, as it comes with AC and DC power cords (both removable), and is universal for battery size due to spring-loaded sliding contacts. Charges 18650, 14500, CRC, etc. At least as cheap as you can get the similar setup from DX, plus you can return it easily if it has problems.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered some from Wonderlite on the Marketplace.
I also googled 18650 batteries + my location, and found a local battery place that carries some. Try this & something may show up.