DX.com

Thread: Visit to the Tigerlight Factory

Hybrid View

Unenlightened

Default Visit to the Tigerlight Factory

I just returned from purchasing my first Tigerlight FBOP (the version without the pepper-spray). I took a long lunch and drove up to the factory where they're made in Heber, Utah, about 20 miles from my work. I was able to meet and chat for quite some time with Michael Teig (the owner) and another employee whose name I can't recall for the life of me.

These guys are really nice fellows. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

They have quite the little assembly line going; I saw several hundred Tigerlights (both the 8" and 11" versions) apparently waiting for battery installation next to a bunch more apparently waiting to be boxed up. Everything looked neat and organized.

I was also able to get a very close look at their new OP6 model (as in held it in my hands). It's a little larger (both in length and bezel) than the SureFure L4 I carry in my pocket. I didn't have my Streamlight TT-2L handy to directly compare against side-by-side, but I'd guess the OP6 is almost exactly the same size. The finish is a nice flat black with "Tigerlight" in white around the outside of the bezel. The OP6 comes in all sorts of mount and switch options and looks very nice--so much so, in fact, that I decided to pick up one of them as well. (I've got this new Beretta CX4 Storm carbine that is just aching for a decent light, you see.) The OP6 looks to fit the bill exactly. Unfortunately, they didn't have the combination of mount and switch that I wanted in stock; it will be there next week. Guess I'll have to take another long lunchtime drive and talk some more flashaholic-speak with some very knowledgeable guys, huh?

Questions? Just ask.

Default Re: Visit to the Tigerlight Factory

Take any pictures?

Peter

Was the OP6 actually being made there?
    From the photos I've seen of the OP6 is looks just like the Laser Devices Inc. model.

Unenlightened

Nope. Took no pictures. And nope, the OP6 was not made there. In fact, the one I played with most came in a gray cardboard box with the words "Laser Devices" in red on the side. There was a metalic sticker on the inside of the main body; it seems that it also said Laser Devices.

Maybe knowing this, we can snoop up more specs on it.

Of course, I should be able to pick mine up early next week--I think he said Tuesday.

Silver Moderator

Hello Eurastus,

Next time you visit the factory be sure to tell them that there are a lot of us that really enjoy their efforts.

The TigerLight is simply a great light.

Tom

Are they coming out with an pepper spray version of that "Tiger Cub"?

Brightnorm

Flashaholic

I was able to meet and chat for quite some time with Michael Teig (the owner) and another employee whose name I can't recall for the life of me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Maybe Eric? I just remembered that I never received my upgraded bulb assemblys and emailed him Tuesday about them. I had a light and charger that did not work out of the pair I bought earlier. Keith