Enlightened

Default **NEW** Nitecore TM26

Something like 4000lm?

Unenlightened

Default Re: **NEW** Nitecore TM26

B-) ok

Tapatalk

Found a site listing it for preorder at 299,00 €. They have it listed as 3600 lumens but they don't have a picture of it posted.

Oehh!! new stuff like it. Like the look of it too, hope more info will come quick.
    "Got a light?" -Well yes, I have

Creepy.

Two buttons and a display...I'm liking this so far!

I truly hope they use xm-l2...
    But taking into consideration that lights are going through a long process of engineering, there is a good chance of having xm-l LEDs...
    Also hope that they have a current and temperature controlled brightness level step-down not only from turbo to high, but for all modes...
    Go go Nitecore...

3,600 lumens, I like it.

I wish they bring the TM20 to life.
    Pick the pooch!

I...I...I don`t think I like the looks of it. The readout sounds good though...I just don`t care for the four separate led arrangement...
    Last edited by Badbeams3; 01-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.

So this is the TM26, I thought it would be a thrower.

Anyway, I hope that all the LED's are on at the same time in the lower modes for even burn times and not cycled a la Niteye.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTPAVUK View Post
    I truly hope they use xm-l2...
    But taking into consideration that lights are going through a long process of engineering, there is a good chance of having xm-l LEDs...
    XM-L2 T6 is essentially the same as an XM-L U3.

XM-L2 T6 ~ XM-L U3

They are both only one bin higher than the XM-L U2. They will yield on average about 5-7% more brightness than the U2. Of course, the XM-L2 U2 is on average about 5-7% brighter than the XM-L2 T6.

New lights, but especially circuits and drivers that are specifically designed for the XM-L2 U2 should get some pretty good results. However, at 1000+ lumens per emitter, even with 95% efficiency, it's gonna eat through 3400mAh 18650s really fast and get really hot really fast. Physics.
    Last edited by GordoJones88; 01-27-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeams3 View Post
    I...I...I don`t think I like the looks of it.
    I think this fugly 4 headed arrangement is to dissipate as much heat as possible through individual fins associated with each LED on the light. It will extend Turbo runtimes if there is a thermally controlled stepdown.

Quote Originally Posted by GordoJones88 View Post
    I think this fugly 4 headed arrangement is to dissipate as much heat as possible through individual fins associated with each LED on the light. It will extend Turbo runtimes if there is a thermally controlled stepdown.
    Yea, it might have great performance...just based on looks it would not be at the top of my list...

Yeah, I was looking for a true thrower to be released in the TM line also, especially considering the TM20 they apparently abandoned. This appears to be another light in the series holding to the "lets light up the whole mountain" pitch they are using. That is fine but the addition of a fourth emitter is likely to hurt runtime compared to the TM11 and TM15. I am still hoping for a single lens, single emitter, large reflector, true thrower on the TM platform.

Quote Originally Posted by lautamas View Post

Something like 4000lm?
    Where did you find this? Or is it your own conceptualization of what the next TM could be?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterbait View Post
    Found a site listing it for preorder at 299,00 €. They have it listed as 3600 lumens but they don't have a picture of it posted.
    Also it looks like it will be on the pricey side (as expected)...
    Nitecore TM26, Eagletac G25C2 MKII, HDS Rotary 200, Spark ST6 500CW, Olight SR90 Intimidator, Ra Clicky 140 Executive, VaraPower 2000, Dereelight DBS V3 2MT-M XM-L (warm white), EagleTac P100A2, iTP A1, A3, SA2, 6D Maglite incan, Petzl headlamp.

Flashaholic*

TM26 has been confirmed by a German dealer: http://www.wikilight.de/bericht-279.html

Horrible looking light Not on my wish list....
    LED Lenser: P3 (x2), P7 Fenix: TK35 Xtar: TZ20 (x2) Nitecore: SENS CR Thrunite: Ti, TN30

Looks like a Chinese lower multi stage rocket engine. Fugly.

"Tiny monster" is not so tiny
    Now I see

Flashaholic*

http://www.selected-lights.de/niteco...00d3p0ekrn9g94

TM26 has an OLED with temperature display! Look closely at the OLED display. it says 23C LOL

OLED display, excellent. If only 5 levels, then not so much It needs to be programmable.

I have not decided on these goggle-eyed multi-bezel jobs.

Is this good engineering, or welding together the best parts people happened to have on the shelf?

More to the point...do I really care? Look! A new bright light!

Hi Guys,

Its on the official Nitecore page now:
    http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=75

Bizarre. I could just get four Chinese cheapos and duck-tape them together!

Flashaholic

Not sure that I like it. I do like the display as it takes a lot of the guesswork out of runtime and voltages and such (and is instantly available). But the head just looks too - weird. And this is coming from a TK45 owner.

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Quote Originally Posted by itguy07 View Post
    Not sure that I like it. I do like the display as it takes a lot of the guesswork out of runtime and voltages and such (and is instantly available). But the head just looks too - weird. And this is coming from a TK45 owner.
    this light should be named mjolnir

I'm kind of new at this but I tend to place an emphasis on esthetics and design. It catches my eye first and if the numbers look reasonable, I'll want to buy it (not that I own many.) This one, like others of its ilk, looks like someone duct taped four flashlights together. Then a flashlight company said, "what if we could save money by eliminating the duct tape?" but neglected to look at the overall design. But, that's just me.

I like this one a lot. I'd been thinking lights should have a small display on them as it would simply make a lot of sense. Not having a battery indicator, on any light, is actually quite stupid when you think about it. This one looks very nice. Having the light be programmable however would be a *perfect* use of the display also. But it's not. The 3-95 lumen jump on the low levels is, well, stupid also. It acknowledges that low levels are useful but levels in between those are the most useful for closer work in full darkness.

I like how almost everyone here is commenting on how they think it doesn't look good. I happen to disagree, but even so, why are the looks of a flashlight some big important factor? I guess when its only uses are shining it onto a white wall once per month between extended duty as a book end, that makes sense...

I have the TM15. Compared to the TM15 and using their own figures, we're looking at a 43% increase in lumens, 33% increase in candella, but only 14% increase in throw and a loss of 33% runtime in turbo. It's modest increase in throw is due to shear brute force and I expect it to be floodier than the TM15. That may be what some need but I am in the market for a great thrower. Not worth it for me. Still hoping for a Tiny Monster throw monster.

It does look a bit unconventional but I kind of like it.
    Still I'd prefer a TM10 - a shorter TM11 with uni-body design
    Now I see