**NEW** Nitecore TM26

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
neymf4.jpg

Something like 4000lm?

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Found a site listing it for preorder at 299,00 €. They have it listed as 3600 lumens but they don't have a picture of it posted.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
I truly hope they use xm-l2...
But taking into consideration that lights are going through a long process of engineering, there is a good chance of having xm-l LEDs...
Also hope that they have a current and temperature controlled brightness level step-down not only from turbo to high, but for all modes...
Go go Nitecore...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I...I...I don`t think I like the looks of it. The readout sounds good though...I just don`t care for the four separate led arrangement...

Last edited:

sbbsga

Enlightened
So this is the TM26, I thought it would be a thrower.

Anyway, I hope that all the LED's are on at the same time in the lower modes for even burn times and not cycled a la Niteye.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I truly hope they use xm-l2...
But taking into consideration that lights are going through a long process of engineering, there is a good chance of having xm-l LEDs...

XM-L2 T6 is essentially the same as an XM-L U3.

XM-L2 T6 ~ XM-L U3

They are both only one bin higher than the XM-L U2. They will yield on average about 5-7% more brightness than the U2. Of course, the XM-L2 U2 is on average about 5-7% brighter than the XM-L2 T6.

New lights, but especially circuits and drivers that are specifically designed for the XM-L2 U2 should get some pretty good results. However, at 1000+ lumens per emitter, even with 95% efficiency, it's gonna eat through 3400mAh 18650s really fast and get really hot really fast. Physics.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I...I...I don`t think I like the looks of it.

I think this fugly 4 headed arrangement is to dissipate as much heat as possible through individual fins associated with each LED on the light. It will extend Turbo runtimes if there is a thermally controlled stepdown.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this fugly 4 headed arrangement is to dissipate as much heat as possible through individual fins associated with each LED on the light. It will extend Turbo runtimes if there is a thermally controlled stepdown.

Yea, it might have great performance...just based on looks it would not be at the top of my list...

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I was looking for a true thrower to be released in the TM line also, especially considering the TM20 they apparently abandoned. This appears to be another light in the series holding to the "lets light up the whole mountain" pitch they are using. That is fine but the addition of a fourth emitter is likely to hurt runtime compared to the TM11 and TM15. I am still hoping for a single lens, single emitter, large reflector, true thrower on the TM platform.