Battery Junction - Olight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Fenix catalogue 2013

  1. #1

    Default Fenix catalogue 2013

    Here's a link to Fenix's new catalogue.

    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpE...NTg/edit?pli=1

    I've seen some excerpts from it in various Fenix threads, so some of you have probably read it already, but I haven't seen a link to the catalogue posted yet.

    Who wants to have the LD01 on their keychain this year? I do!

    Edit: I just realized the LD01 isn't a new model for 2013, but I want it anyway.
    Last edited by Swede74; 01-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    nice lights from Fenix! Would have been nice if they included the emitter they used, but oh well, non-flashaholics wouldnt give a rat's ass... hehe

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Wow so it's true the E11 looks like an E05 now, & supposedly tailstands? That's great, I've been begging for an e05-AA on the internet for years, & this is close enough. Huge improvement if true- or is it not uncommon for fenix to introduce models &/or updates without ever following through, like zl & sf etc. sometimes do?

  4. #4
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Swede74 View Post
    Here's a link to Fenix's new catalogue.

    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpE...NTg/edit?pli=1

    I've seen some excerpts from it in various Fenix threads, so some of you have probably read it already, but I haven't seen a link to the catalogue posted yet.

    Who wants to have the LD01 on their keychain this year? I do!

    Edit: I just realized the LD01 isn't a new model for 2013, but I want it anyway.
    Thanks for the link!I have two LD01 the other one is the worst green tint i have ever seen,i hope you get a good one

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Thank´s for the link!

    Now i have looked at the Fenix 2013 catalogue and what strikes me is that the TK70 is not in the catalogue! Does that mean that the TK70 is going to be discontinued??
    LED: Olight I1 EOS,Olight S20,Olight S20-L2,Nitecore SRT7,Sunwayman V20C,Sunwayman R10A,FourSevens Mini M2A,FourSevens Mini MLR2,Fenix TK75-L2,XTAR BK12, Crelant CH10,Streamlight Nano Light and more...

  6. #6
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NBD
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Thank´s for the link!

    Now i have looked at the Fenix 2013 catalogue and what strikes me is that the TK70 is not in the catalogue! Does that mean that the TK70 is going to be discontinued??
    yes it has. I read that on the forum somewhere. I suppose it has been superseded by the RC40

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by xed888 View Post
    yes it has. I read that on the forum somewhere. I suppose it has been superseded by the RC40
    That might be true since it´s not in the 2013 catalogue,but on the other hand why are Fenix then talking about to offer adapters to the TK70 so it can be run on 18650 batteries? That sounds more like an upgrade than discontinuing?
    LED: Olight I1 EOS,Olight S20,Olight S20-L2,Nitecore SRT7,Sunwayman V20C,Sunwayman R10A,FourSevens Mini M2A,FourSevens Mini MLR2,Fenix TK75-L2,XTAR BK12, Crelant CH10,Streamlight Nano Light and more...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    thanks for sharing.

  9. #9
    Flashaholic* Jash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Wow so it's true the E11 looks like an E05 now, & supposedly tailstands? That's great, I've been begging for an e05-AA on the internet for years, & this is close enough. Huge improvement if true- or is it not uncommon for fenix to introduce models &/or updates without ever following through, like zl & sf etc. sometimes do?
    And it says it's a twisty too!!! Can you believe it?! They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.

    If it is in fact a twisty, this could well be the ultimate gift light.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jash View Post
    And it says it's a twisty too!!! Can you believe it?! They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.

    If it is in fact a twisty, this could well be the ultimate gift light.

    I hope you are wrong on the twisty bit,it still comes with a spare boot so i am hoping it is a clicky with twisty for mode change.If they change to a full twisty it is a deal breaker for me.
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

  11. #11
    Flashaholic* ico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    550

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    The clicky on the newly designed E11 is visible on the catalog

  12. #12
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ico View Post
    The clicky on the newly designed E11 is visible on the catalog
    Looks that way, i hate twisty on.
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    The E11 is just a cosmetic change. All features are the same, so yes it is still a clicky with loose and tight head to access two modes.

    As for the TK70, yep its gone, replaced by the TK75. I'm pretty sure they are not going to release an official conversion for the tk70 to 18650. sorry


    BTW, anyone have (or have a link) to the factory catalog? This is the US version...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Stupid catalog, it is in inch ! Who the hell in the 21th century is still using these crappy units ? What is next, specs in foot candle ?, replace the Volt, the Amp ?
    Last edited by BoarHunter; 01-31-2013 at 12:29 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris762 View Post
    The E11 is just a cosmetic change. All features are the same, so yes it is still a clicky with loose and tight head to access two modes.
    Do you know if it's now shrouded deep enough to tailstand?

  16. #16
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BoarHunter View Post
    Stupid catalog, it is in inch ! Who the hell in the 21th century is still using these crappy units ? What is next, specs in foot candle ?, replace the Volt, the Amp ?

    I still use feet and inches,none of this foreign metric stuff and i drive on the correct side of the road.
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jash View Post
    They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.
    If they were, then perhaps they would have seen that many of us want an AA size E01 light. Tough, single mode, cheap yet well made.

  18. #18
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Floppy View Post
    If they were, then perhaps they would have seen that many of us want an AA size E01 light. Tough, single mode, cheap yet well made.
    Gerber do/did that type of light,my simple Firecracker is AA cell one mode.I doubt Fenix have a market for that type of light as I am sure they would have made it by now.
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

  19. #19
    Flashaholic ieslei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    109

    Default Fenix catalogue 2013

    Its nice to confirm all the tests made to the lights and reinforce the idea of how strong they are! it feels good to have them
    FENIX LD20 R4, TK12 R5, TK21 U2, TK35, QUARK Mini AA R5, THRUNITE A1. Zebralight SC51, now the SC52 on 14500 and Eagletac G25C2 MKII!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair55 View Post
    Gerber do/did that type of light,my simple Firecracker is AA cell one mode.I doubt Fenix have a market for that type of light as I am sure they would have made it by now.
    Many of us still have the Gerber/CMG lights, which is why it is surprising that no-one has filled the void. It's a light you buy in multiples, the dependable backup. The one you don't mind giving out, keeping in the car, letterbox, doormat, flowerpot, etc. I asked Fenix about a rumor that the E01 was being discontinued and they said it is one of their best selling lights. I've also asked many times for an AA version but got many replies that said thank you for your suggestion but not much else. I've also asked to see if they can sell me the pill for the E01 and didn't get a reply back .. The only thing I can think of is the cost to make a new AA version and keep the price low.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Yeah plenty of old lights in that configuration many of us still use. & i can understand why they haven't been made for a while too- unlike max lumen chasers who are willing to upgrade more often to keep up with the latest/greatest, it takes a bigger jump in efficiency for fans of these type of lights to justify upgrading to something with similar output, just for more runtime.

    But I think we're well beyond that point now, considering the e05 outlasts the aa V1 & L1p at the same output, on an AAA. Imagine how long an e05-AA could last with that efficiency. That new e11 with a shrouded tailcap would be close enough for me though...


    Do you know if it's now shrouded deep enough to tailstand?

  22. #22
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    2,214

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    The big German discount supermarkets peddle lights every quarter or so and even they have moved on from a simple AA cell light to something more modern.There offering this week is a nice little budget light.




    • Impact-resistant housing made from anodised aluminium
    • Extra bright, long-life 3W Cree LED
    • 3 operating modes: full power, energy-saving and SOS
    • Batteries included
    • 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
    Sent from my Mobile using my fingers.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Do you know if it's now shrouded deep enough to tailstand?
    Unfortunately, no it is not deep enough.

  24. #24
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,521

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Am I the only one to notice they're bringing the TK11 back?!!!!!!!!

    I'd take a HP25 with red LED.... why is it there's always one little thing missing to be my perfect headlamp?
    Cataract,

    Shiny things specialist.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Rather than higher medium-low and medium-high settings on most of the models (e.g. LD12 and LD22) I would have preferred longer runtimes.
    For the rest I'm very curious when these updated lights will come out, and how they will hold up!

  26. #26

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris762 View Post
    Unfortunately, no it is not deep enough.
    Awww man come on! Doesn't tail stand, rolls around like crazy. Otherwise the E11 would be a terrific light.
    Fenix: PD32UE x2 (sold LD22 x2, LD12, E11 x3) | Nitecore EA4W & EA4 | Zebralight: SC600wII, SC62d, SC52w, H52w, H51w, H600w, H600w II | Olight i3s | L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 219 x2 | Xeno E03 Nichia 219

  27. #27

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Am I the only one to notice they're bringing the TK11 back?!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    Am I the only one to notice they're bringing the TK11 back?!!!!!!!!
    OMG! ... But it looks like what they have listed in that catalog is the same R5 emitter version. The run times and lumen output is the same. I've been saying the TK11 is one of the best looking lights of all time for years. If they put an xp-g2 into it I'll finally get one. Everything is getting away from simplicity these days. I don't need side switches, memory functions, etc. The simple twisting of the head always let's you know whether the light will come on in full brightness or a good "general" brightness of around 50 lumens which is perfect. The TK11 with 2 modes and an xp-g2 would be flashlight nirvana as far as I'm concerned. Keep the same brightnesses even-- just give it that new "loss-less OP reflector" and maybe a matte black finish instead of glossy black...

    .... Okay I'm starting to drool. Cya later.

  29. #29
    Flashaholic* Cataract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,521

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by martinaee View Post
    OMG! ... But it looks like what they have listed in that catalog is the same R5 emitter version. The run times and lumen output is the same. I've been saying the TK11 is one of the best looking lights of all time for years. If they put an xp-g2 into it I'll finally get one. Everything is getting away from simplicity these days. I don't need side switches, memory functions, etc. The simple twisting of the head always let's you know whether the light will come on in full brightness or a good "general" brightness of around 50 lumens which is perfect. The TK11 with 2 modes and an xp-g2 would be flashlight nirvana as far as I'm concerned. Keep the same brightnesses even-- just give it that new "loss-less OP reflector" and maybe a matte black finish instead of glossy black...

    .... Okay I'm starting to drool. Cya later.
    You made me drool too. You forgot about the excellent runtime of 10 hours on a 60 lumens low that looks more like over 100 lumens.
    Cataract,

    Shiny things specialist.

  30. #30
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,372

    Default Re: Fenix catalogue 2013

    Unless this is a provisionary catalog without updated data I'm afraid they won't update the TK11 with an XP-G2: in the catalog the intensity is the same as the R5 version. At least they haven't stopped production yet.

    Totally agree that the TK11 is a great light: yesterday I found a TK11 on sale and bit the bullet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •