Fenix catalogue 2013

Swede74

Enlightened
Here's a link to Fenix's new catalogue.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpEoN5hWn8xVkRLNmVraTlWNTg/edit?pli=1

I've seen some excerpts from it in various Fenix threads, so some of you have probably read it already, but I haven't seen a link to the catalogue posted yet.

Who wants to have the LD01 on their keychain this year? I do!:D

Edit: I just realized the LD01 isn't a new model for 2013:fail:, but I want it anyway.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice lights from Fenix! :) Would have been nice if they included the emitter they used, but oh well, non-flashaholics wouldnt give a rat's ***... hehe :)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow so it's true the E11 looks like an E05 now, & supposedly tailstands? That's great, I've been begging for an e05-AA on the internet for years, & this is close enough. Huge improvement if true- or is it not uncommon for fenix to introduce models &/or updates without ever following through, like zl & sf etc. sometimes do?

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Here's a link to Fenix's new catalogue.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpEoN5hWn8xVkRLNmVraTlWNTg/edit?pli=1

I've seen some excerpts from it in various Fenix threads, so some of you have probably read it already, but I haven't seen a link to the catalogue posted yet.

Who wants to have the LD01 on their keychain this year? I do!:D

Edit: I just realized the LD01 isn't a new model for 2013:fail:, but I want it anyway.
Thanks for the link!I have two LD01 the other one is the worst green tint i have ever seen,i hope you get a good one :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Thank´s for the link!

Now i have looked at the Fenix 2013 catalogue and what strikes me is that the TK70 is not in the catalogue! Does that mean that the TK70 is going to be discontinued??

xed888

Enlightened
Thank´s for the link!

Now i have looked at the Fenix 2013 catalogue and what strikes me is that the TK70 is not in the catalogue! Does that mean that the TK70 is going to be discontinued??

yes it has. I read that on the forum somewhere. I suppose it has been superseded by the RC40

NorthernStar

Enlightened
yes it has. I read that on the forum somewhere. I suppose it has been superseded by the RC40

That might be true since it´s not in the 2013 catalogue,but on the other hand why are Fenix then talking about to offer adapters to the TK70 so it can be run on 18650 batteries? That sounds more like an upgrade than discontinuing?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow so it's true the E11 looks like an E05 now, & supposedly tailstands? That's great, I've been begging for an e05-AA on the internet for years, & this is close enough. Huge improvement if true- or is it not uncommon for fenix to introduce models &/or updates without ever following through, like zl & sf etc. sometimes do?

And it says it's a twisty too!!! Can you believe it?! They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.

If it is in fact a twisty, this could well be the ultimate gift light.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
And it says it's a twisty too!!! Can you believe it?! They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.

If it is in fact a twisty, this could well be the ultimate gift light.

I hope you are wrong on the twisty bit,it still comes with a spare boot so i am hoping it is a clicky with twisty for mode change.If they change to a full twisty it is a deal breaker for me.

Chris762

Newly Enlightened
The E11 is just a cosmetic change. All features are the same, so yes it is still a clicky with loose and tight head to access two modes.

As for the TK70, yep its gone, replaced by the TK75. I'm pretty sure they are not going to release an official conversion for the tk70 to 18650. sorry :shrug:

BTW, anyone have (or have a link) to the factory catalog? This is the US version...

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened
Stupid catalog, it is in inch ! Who the hell in the 21th century is still using these crappy units ? What is next, specs in foot candle ?, replace the Volt, the Amp ?

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E11 is just a cosmetic change. All features are the same, so yes it is still a clicky with loose and tight head to access two modes.

Do you know if it's now shrouded deep enough to tailstand?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid catalog, it is in inch ! Who the hell in the 21th century is still using these crappy units ? What is next, specs in foot candle ?, replace the Volt, the Amp ?

I still use feet and inches,none of this foreign metric stuff and i drive on the correct side of the road.:crackup:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
They must have been browsing CPF and seen our many complaints there wasn't a AA size EO5 style light.

If they were, then perhaps they would have seen that many of us want an AA size E01 light. Tough, single mode, cheap yet well made.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they were, then perhaps they would have seen that many of us want an AA size E01 light. Tough, single mode, cheap yet well made.

Gerber do/did that type of light,my simple Firecracker is AA cell one mode.I doubt Fenix have a market for that type of light as I am sure they would have made it by now.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Its nice to confirm all the tests made to the lights and reinforce the idea of how strong they are! ;) it feels good to have them

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gerber do/did that type of light,my simple Firecracker is AA cell one mode.I doubt Fenix have a market for that type of light as I am sure they would have made it by now.

Many of us still have the Gerber/CMG lights, which is why it is surprising that no-one has filled the void. It's a light you buy in multiples, the dependable backup. The one you don't mind giving out, keeping in the car, letterbox, doormat, flowerpot, etc. I asked Fenix about a rumor that the E01 was being discontinued and they said it is one of their best selling lights. I've also asked many times for an AA version but got many replies that said thank you for your suggestion but not much else. I've also asked to see if they can sell me the pill for the E01 and didn't get a reply back .. The only thing I can think of is the cost to make a new AA version and keep the price low.