(RESCUED) Newbie..Help Needed With Tri-V2

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first Tri-V2 but I can't get it to power up.
Placed two Surefire Primaries positive end into the belly and negative to the tail end where the springs are. Turn the dial and no light. Is there something else that I need to do?

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Newbie..Help Needed With Tri-V2

Are you saying that BOTH batteries have thier positive contacts facing INTO the body?

The correct way, is to place the battery positive end first, into the slot under the aspheric.
The second battery needs to go in with the negitive contact going in first under the switch.
(+) in toward aspheric
(-) in toward switch

Make sure to use NEW batteries with a full charge and do a power up 3 (PU3) if all else fails.
A PU3 means to have the battery cap off, turn the knob to position number 3 and install the tailcap.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Battery tip

The positive and negative are marked inside on the board.. But you need another torch to see it.

Easiest is the button you press to release the cover with the Ti bead. Well that side will have a interrupted circle on the body just below the button on the cap. That is the side the button of the cell (+ve) is facing the springs. You don't even have to peek inside. The other side the cell is opposite with negative facing the springs of the battery cap.

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL LOL LOL
Yup. Thanks to all you guys. The battery is one up and one down. Now it is lighting up. Guess I got lots to learn./]

The positive and negative are marked inside on the board.. But you need another torch to see it.

Easiest is the button you press to release the cover with the Ti bead. Well that side will have a interrupted circle on the body just below the button on the cap. That is the side the button of the cell (+ve) is facing the springs. You don't even have to peek inside. The other side the cell is opposite with negative facing the springs of the battery cap.

Thanks. Good way to remember and perhaps change the battery in the dark.
Presently running primaries. But I have RCR and IMR in standby till I know what I am doing.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some iPhone images of #668.

4ara3eza.jpg
usamejeq.jpg
anyru4ep.jpg
u8yjysuq.jpg
eqety8u4.jpg

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice...time to sell some of my lights to fund this one ;)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Welcome to the club Ben! Take your time and watch Dave's YouTube video on programming. Once you master it, you will not put down the light for a while. :D

Enjoy your Tri-V2!! ;)

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all that popped in to help out. After watching the video, I managed to change the settings. Initially it was quite confusing and I just couldn't remember the steps.
I found that taking time to understand the purpose of each step helps. The rest is just second nature.

Incidentally, it was all your postings that finally convinced me that I too needed one.

PSM, in just playing with it for an hour or so, I kind of agree with your opinion that it is hard to put it down.
Now I need to find a suitable belt pouch so that I can EDC it.
Any suggestions?

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to express my gratitude to the kind people at Cpf in particular to

Mohan that did the trit button and shared with me his little titanium ball.

Apache blue that so generously offered me a cover when I was looking for one.

e4a9ybum.jpg

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations Benchview :D

I find the Westone Travel Case perfect for my 3 Spy's - both the 007 , Tri-v and Tri-V2. They fit inside very neatly and I feel confident EDCing them without fear of damage or scratches in my pocket. There is no room for extra batteries etc though.

Works for me ......

R0030479edited.jpg

triv-bordersmall.jpg

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for pointing that out to me Murpharoo.
Looks pretty sturdy. Is the case water resistant? Do you carry the whole case in your pocket or do you place it in a carry bag. Will surely get one.

I wonder if one can be fabricated using kydex material?

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for pointing that out to me Murpharoo.
Looks pretty sturdy. Is the case water resistant? Do you carry the whole case in your pocket or do you place it in a carry bag. Will surely get one.

I wonder if one can be fabricated using kydex material?

The case I think is water resistant but the zip of course won't be. The case is just barely bigger than the Tri-V and sits nicely in the pocket - especially if using a suspension clip so it does not drop to the bottom of the pocket.