Is there an EASY clickie option for M6?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Pardon me if this is old news!

I was just puttering with my M6. I tried to use the switch from a Garrity 2AA, but could never get a satisfactory fit and function with the stock tailcap.

Interestingly, the Tailcap from the G2 screws right on, and did work fairly well with the Garrity switch.

I also tried several ways to use the Classic Kroll. With the lip up and with the lip down (the sleeve) but couldn't get it right.

Is there something I can't remember???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I guess I should have said PELICAN M6???

Now that I've used my G2 with the Garrity clickie, I have no desire to use a Kroll (though that would be the easiest to machine an adapter for!)

THOUGH! Since the G2 Tailcap screws on smoothly all the way, perhaps there is a Surefire Clickie Tail that would do the job? (I know it wouldn't be cheap by a long shot!).

Thoughts?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
if you are taling about the PM6, the Z48 (the clicky for the C2, M2, etc.) will fit perfectly. Very functional, but FUGLY.
bernhard

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I made a clickie for my G2, and it has not failed. I removed Surefire switch, leaving rubber cap. I then pulled Kroll out of its rubber cap and wrapped alkuminum foil around body of clickie, not end or front of course, to make a good fit when inserted into body of G2. Clickie end into existing rubber cap of G2. Use the right amount of aluminum to make that good fit so that the clickie does not float around. Very reliable. Might work with your light. A fellow CPF'er mentioned this fix about a year or so ago.

Bill

McGizmo

Flashaholic
There is a threaded adapter for the Kroll to be usd on the PM6 but since you aren't interested in using a Kroll, I guess it's a mute point. I believe the new SF clickie for "classic" bodies will also work in your application when it comes out. I would further assume that a black version, if made(likely for P6 ?), would go on a black PM6 and not look too bad either.

jtice

Flashaholic
i did the kroll adaptor for my PM6 last might,
Works fine, BUT, there is no lockout, and its VERY easy to momentary on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yes JTice,

The Kroll I have (which I removed from the G2) is VERY VERY easy to accidently activate.

So I was hoping for something else.

But I guess the stock push/twist ain't THAT bad.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have to push firmly to get my Kroll clickie/G2 to do momentary. I've had it in my bag and it has never clicked on. Not so with SF'ers other than G2.

Bill

In fact I just bounced it one inch off table, several times and it did not activate. Just luck I guess.

Latest posts