E-series compatible parts info thread (2013)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone knows which newer flashlights/parts are e-series compatible... basically something that's affordable (not fully custom that you only occasionally find on CPFMP)... I believe there were older models of Nitecore or something like that that you could use body with Surefire E-series bezel and vice versa... can't find many pictures lately...

I believe I've seen somewhere that someone had NiteCore EC1 screwed on something e-series compatible... can't be sure...

Lumens Factory has bezel+module that's quite interesting... I have E1B head, KL4-WH-HA head, Fire-Kylin LX1 rip-off (that's scoring XPG2 with Shiningbeam 1.4A 3-mode driver now with custom brass heatsink)... and need more "material" to "fix"... basically break something that's probably already good enough and make something "better"...

I found this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?64308-FAQ-E-Series-Compatible-Parts

It's awesome but majority of those parts are hard to find now (and even if you find them, they cost a fortune)...

Will try to take some pics of all stuff I have that can be combined together, maybe someone might find this interesting and I find few more parts for my lego playing in the process...

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: E-series compatible parts info thread...

So here is few pics just to start with, will take pic of FM E-18650 and E-18500 and few other that I can come up with from the shelf...

DSC07870xTNT_zps1ed7cab2.jpg

TNTDSC07824.jpg

So any E-series lego combo is welcome, the newer and easier things to get is preferable just to give ideas to everybody else (and me) that there are few other things we might want for evergrowing collection...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

So here are few setups as I have them (and use them) now:

1. Pic1
Top: FireKylin head (LX2 rip-off) upgraded with XPG2 & Shiningbeam 1.4A linear driver on VitalGear FB2-BK body...
Middle: LumensFactory E-series black bezel & upgraded module (Nichia 219 LED + potting + better heatsinking) on FB3-HA body...
Bottom: Custom Triple-XPE2 in Surefire E-series incan bezel, Solarforce 0.8-4.2V driver on VitalGear FB1-BK body...

DSC08050x1_zps0e6fd8e8.jpg

2. Pic2
Top: LumensFactory E-series black bezel and upgraded module (XPG2 with potted driver and better heatsink) on Vitalgear FB1-BK
Middle: FireKylin LX1 head (XRE & DX low voltage driver, original setup) on cubebike's 2xAA e-series HA body with Surefire tailcap
Bottom: VME bezel with Malkoff M61-219 module on Rothandir 18650 body with tailcap from E2D (this body is disappointing, imo)

DSC08051x1_zpscd965b34.jpg

3. Pic3
TOP: E-series incan bezel on FiveMega 18650 E-series body... Smallest 18650 lego I can think off... was [email protected], now getting redone to accommodate 3xXPG2-R5-3D@3Amps...
2nd From the Top: LumensFactory E-bezel black on VitalGear FB1-BK
3rd From the Top: Smallest CR123 E-series lego I can think off... Great little performer but looking for better boost driver with smaller Iout (around 400mA) to extend battery life as much as possible... no luck in finding good regulated boost driver...
BOTTOM: Surefire incan head on FB1-BK for size reference... the sleekest looking setup I can think off, practical and beautiful...

DSC08053x1_zpsf6a4cf02.jpg

4. Pic4
Few more beauties... no extra explanation needed...

DSC08052x1_zps50193f1f.jpg

Last edited:

JCD

Enlightened

So here is few pics just to start with, will take pic of FM E-18650 and E-18500 and few other that I can come up with from the shelf...

DSC07870xTNT_zps1ed7cab2.jpg

TNTDSC07824.jpg

So any E-series lego combo is welcome, the newer and easier things to get is preferable just to give ideas to everybody else (and me) that there are few other things we might want for evergrowing collection...

Nice lights! I just ordered a VG FB1 to go with an extra E2e head I have. It will be my first single (RCR123) cell light. Are those MiniM@g bezels on the ends of stock E-series heads? Do the stock threads match?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Middle: FireKylin LX1 head (XRE & DX low voltage driver, original setup) on cubebike's 2xAA e-series HA body with Surefire tailcap

Hi Tana and thanks for the pictures! I just want to say that this kind of AA-tube is exactly what I am searching for. Especially in 1AA format. It would be great to Malkoff VME head! Is something like that available today?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice lights! I just ordered a VG FB1 to go with an extra E2e head I have. It will be my first single (RCR123) cell light. Are those MiniM@g bezels on the ends of stock E-series heads? Do the stock threads match?

MiniMag bezel ring does not perfectly fit on Surefire threads... it rather "bites" by the end which allows few turns so it's secure... but since then I've figured out to use thinner UCL lens than stock Borofloat and still gain those extra 2mm's for better heatsink (3mm is better than 1mm like in P60)... in such a small package, every part of millimeter is valuable... :) Later pic of FB1-BK is with Triple-XPE2 setup and it looks completely stock while completely water-proof...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Tana and thanks for the pictures! I just want to say that this kind of AA-tube is exactly what I am searching for. Especially in 1AA format. It would be great to Malkoff VME head! Is something like that available today?

This was some very limited run by cubebike as he was having some deals with some local machining shop... I don't believe he had 1x14500 host, though... Closest to that setup you have in mind is FiveMega 18500 that I bought when I got 18650... but still looking for a good regulation driver that will be OK with both 4.2V and 1.5V... Solarforce 0.8-4.2V is OK, bright on both 1xAA and 2xAA (1xCR123) but DD with LiIon - gets hot very quick on high... and pulling whopping 2.2 Amps on high from poor little AA battery when used in that config... :)

JCD

Enlightened

I see. Thanks for the explanation. Mine will remain an incan, so I'm not concerned with heatsinking. I like the smooth edge of the MM bezel. My E-series bezel isn't the Defender version, so the crenelations are still there. Hopefully it will still be okay for front pocket carry.

Littlelantern

Newly Enlightened

hi tana,nice to hear from you again,your a19 extender really caught my attention,can you shipped it to malaysia?once i make the payment.pay by paypal,ok?

Enlightened

Malkoff MDC is E series compatible too, mine is the AA

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Malkoff MDC is E series compatible too, mine is the AA

Oh, yeah... both versions of MDC bodies are awesome... I can't wait to lay my hand on them... both will get in combo with TripLED for photo session... oh, as for compatible parts... there are a lot of PEU black pineapple bodies with some scratches and dings on them at IS for $30... I couldn't resist grabbing one for the collection... I'll post that pic as well when it's here...

Enlightened

Just saw McGizmo is making 1XAA McClicky Paks now too which are also compatible.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
last year I got an Aleph 19 head kit from Sandwich Shoppe, thats imho the best e-series compatible head for modders ...

* it is thin to have the light be better pocketable - thinner as the VME (which I dont like for its diameter) and it is loooong, so a looong reflector, focusing much light, fits in (= McR 19)
* inside threads - e-series ones - can be used for the Led-mounting/thermal plate. So thermal path to head is good, and at the same time it can be used to hold everything together inside

03jesse41

Newly Enlightened
Can someone point me in the direction of a CPF site sponsor vender that sells the vital gear FB1 and FB2? thanks

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm supriced no one mentioned the vme head/body for malkoff modules yet.
img0522jv.jpg

Vme head with vme little twisty tube on the top. smallest possible with a 16340 :)
Vitalgear fb-3 with vme head on the bottom. Stripped the ano for matching parts, uses 2xaa batteries.

Last edited:

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
epic thread. have a malkoff mdc ha aa and another aa body only from this series on the way. hope to use the malkoff in the pocket of my pants and on my nightstand (love low low) and the second aa body with my kx1b head as backup edc. just wonder how the outdoorsman head will work on 1xaa. got it with the e2l-aa but this is to long for wearing in my mp thermite comfortably.

somehow i cannot arrange myself with cr123, and other lion batteries and rechargeables. if the e1b will not work as well as lets say my quark turbo aa on aa body at all, i will have to keep on searching for a single aa throwy light with surefire reliability. so lets cross fingers...:confused:

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone knows of a E1B compatible/replacement 18350 body in black, please please please let me know!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my only E light - but it's all Lego :)

Edit: photos will be back shortly - the new tapatalk is screwing them up :(