Crelant V6CS Review

firelord777

Enlightened
Who said performance always came with a hefty price tag?Well, maybe everyone does think that, you know, deep down. But the Crelant V6CSis telling me otherwise.:tinfoil:
vtMRTUW.jpg

For only literally $40, we can get a medium sized 18650powered thrower with more than 700 ANSI lumens. Although, personally, the onlyreason why it's so affordable is because it only has two output levels, 710lumens and 65 lumens, it nevertheless has characteristics reserved for lightpriced much higher, such as a hidden but easily accessible strobe and SOSmodes. You can also get it in neutral white for a mere $2 more.:cool:
aaCRcWr.jpg

To be honest, I never knew anything about the light when itcame in the mail, so seeing the $40 price tag on Madecov's site was shocking. Iown quite a few 18650 lights, ranging in price from $20-$200, and the V6CS feltlike a $80 flashlight. The light was, by the way, provided for us by Madecov, an awesome dude.:rock:
exCvYBD.jpg

http://md-lightsource.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=v6cs
The flashlight comes packaged very safely, and the packagingitself is simple.
J75slpZ.jpg

lCKQG6R.jpg

k8BfGrV.jpg

IEvvclB.jpg

nx4POLN.jpg

Construction
The V6CS is built like a tank.:faint: It has very thick walls and anearly perfect finish to it.

gmZI8dx.jpg

Here are some pictures of the light and its variouscomponents:
gmZI8dx.jpg

mhJU0Fx.jpg

H0ZlSyS.jpg

JzVtRAe.jpg

r3wmjDJ.jpg

XjzlBKt.jpg

PKUNNzG.jpg

HzikREY.jpg

jr20llE.jpg

ZZnBrW1.jpg

dMPuUL5.jpg

hN3501s.jpg

dEIxo1n.jpg

VM5ZDJs.jpg

vlBLiWH.jpg

orF5orY.jpg

KsZo5Kb.jpg

vlUc0oc.jpg

PF5yrbO.jpg

svVRqri.jpg

PECgLSq.jpg

Candle mode is really cool, but I don't recommend you dothis, nor touch the LED. The oil from your skin and fingertips can cause theLED to overheat faster and may decrease the overall life. Basically look, but don'ttouch, well, if you CAN look at 700 lumens of sheer power haha!:sssh:
xSEwbYL.jpg

UubK3nc.jpg

Z40D2rG.jpg

gwMMGGq.jpg

EdhiD0R.jpg

Some cool experiments I was doing:
1s4gRRm.jpg

U6H1Q6Y.jpg

pxQf8Fr.jpg

rham7VH.jpg

pTiSKiR.jpg

vslLv01.jpg

AR coated lens:
3ml9F8D.jpg

Here are the competitors:
Vs Yi-Light AK21:
SQtFAJY.jpg

J0qeL8W.jpg

Vs ArmyTek Predator G109.01
H4hvrKA.jpg

MdfkhOq.jpg

Vs. Fenix TK41
IKiWo4X.jpg

K0dU13m.jpg

Size Comparisons:
RNWfISp.jpg

PGcXOap.jpg

nxWOk6U.jpg

Clip Pictures
I was in a very awkward position while taking thesepictures, but here they are:
LoeLjI1.jpg

snUURz1.jpg

Whitewall Beamshots (Actually more like "Bluewall Beamshots" becausethe particular wall I was aiming the lights at is blue):
All exposures are equal, and reduced exposures reduced inequal increments:
Fenix TK41:
tnIoTr4.jpg

cF95jV5.jpg

Crelant V6CS:
k3fYlE2.jpg

5687t4j.jpg

ArmyTek Predator:
mQ6Pupx.jpg

XyvyUIP.jpg

Yi Light AK21:
IJqNmRv.jpg

THVYW0q.jpg

Crelant V6CS modes.
As previously mentioned, the V6CS has two main modes, a 710lumen zombie-melting beam of light energy, and a 65 lumen side-kick mode.;)
VGLnpbh.jpg

PjYHkht.jpg

As shown, even the 65 lumen output level still keeps goodthrow, and if you need more power, well, LET 'ER RIP!
G7zEoMd.jpg

oUTMBm8.jpg

Waterproof Test
Despite the $40 price point, Crelant still managed to put ita lot of research and development into ensuring that no particle of water willever be able to penetrate the V6CS's defenses!:devil:
VaeUoNV.jpg

oyMhATd.jpg

I9xstw0.jpg

Zk7qjIQ.jpg

Xxcishp.jpg

Yqq7yHk.jpg

1EZDtWk.jpg

Conclusion
Ok0Nf9q.jpg

This light has impressed me a lot. It has a super smoothbalanced beam that is also throwy. It's solid and has already taken a beatingfrom me, I dropped the light from various places such as the counter of thekitchen. It even fell on grass! I know, I know, grass doesn't really count. Butwhat if I told you it was from more than 10 feet high? I usually climb the treein my backyard and perch myself in this nice spot at the top of the tree. Mysiblings needed a light fast because they caught this lizard or were trying tocatch a lizard (We consider it a sport in my household, especially catchingthese giant geckos at night, which by the way, the V6CS did a good job atblinding) :devil:and so, I was really lazy on top of that tree and just ended upthrowing down the V6CS. It was fine, but still, I think that's a huge milestonefor me to teleport a flashlight like that.:D
Be sure to check out madecov's site at
http://md-lightsource.com/main.sc
Madecov is also a licensed FFL dealer, just a heads up:buddies:
kGlt3zi.jpg

If you guys have any questions or requests, please feel freeto post it here or PM me,
Cheers,
Alain

bietjiedof

Newly Enlightened
"Although, personally, the onlyreason why it's so affordable is because it only has two output levels, 710lumens and 65 lumens."

Uhm, my V6CS has infinitely variable brightness, right down to a couple of lumens (not sure exactly how many because I don't have the specs, but it's really low). It's got the same UI as the 7G series - turn it on with the tailswitch, then hold down the side clicky to scroll through the brightness... But you're right - this is a killer deal. As far as I can see, the only differences from the 7G6CS are the lack of stainless steel bezels front and rear, the use of an XM-L U2 emitter rather than U3 bin, and the IPX-8 waterproofing to 2 meters, instead of 5.

firelord777

Enlightened
"Although, personally, the onlyreason why it's so affordable is because it only has two output levels, 710lumens and 65 lumens."

Uhm, my V6CS has infinitely variable brightness, right down to a couple of lumens (not sure exactly how many because I don't have the specs, but it's really low). It's got the same UI as the 7G series - turn it on with the tailswitch, then hold down the side clicky to scroll through the brightness... But you're right - this is a killer deal. As far as I can see, the only differences from the 7G6CS are the lack of stainless steel bezels front and rear, the use of an XM-L U2 emitter rather than U3 bin, and the IPX-8 waterproofing to 2 meters, instead of 5.

WHOA!!! What in the world? I just did what you said, and its awesome! I never knew about this ramping! This IS a killer deal man!

Thanks a lot man!

Cheers

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Isn't this smaller than the 7g6cs? How could it possibly be rated 38600cd? That said, all the Crelants are very high quality for the money. Nice review.

bietjiedof

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome. There's a lot more to the UI - double click the forward clicky for strobe, double click again for SOS. Single click to rotate through three modes - two programmable brightnesses and one standby. When you turn off at the tailswitch, it "forgets" your settings and reverts the two modes to max and low (65 lumens?). I really like this UI...

bietjiedof

Newly Enlightened
Isn't this smaller than the 7g6cs? How could it possibly be rated 38600cd? That said, all the Crelants are very high quality for the money. Nice review.
I have both - the V6CS is very slightly smaller. About the same length, but the reflector is 35mm across, against about 39mm on the 7G6CS. The beam is very similar in shape and intensity. My V6CS is a little whiter compared to the 7G6CS, which has a greenish cast which you don't see unless you shine them together.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review. And I was going to correct you on UI.
Glad you did the water test. I have not submerged any light I own

firelord777

Enlightened
Nice review. And I was going to correct you on UI.
Glad you did the water test. I have not submerged any light I own

Thanks man,

I know although most lights are rated IPX-8, many still refuse to even dare to submerge them. But hey, just leave the work to me:D

I'm glad you payed attention and know your lights' UI:)

Cheers

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I go swimming with my Quark EDC's. :) So far it's only my V11A which had a defective retaining SS bezel which had some water ingress in the head/reflector area when i took it for a swim! :)

Just have to make sure the o-rings are in good condition and well lubed with nyogel or any silicon-based lubricant.

aaronhome27

Newly Enlightened
Not sure how closely spec'ed these lights are in real terms but I just got my 7G6CS U3 last week. Talk about one BA thrower. I am also really digging the UI as well. Not sure how these lights will hold up over time but I am really liking the quality for the price.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I happened to be talking to Crelant so I asked - apparently the remote pressure switch WILL work with the V6CS, although there's a cosmetic issue - the colors are not the same (black vs gray). Hope you don't mind me jumping in, madecov?

No problem. Yes it does work.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please could you check the lux on this. 38,600 is very impressive and bests my new Xeno G42 XM-L2.

fccwpe

Newly Enlightened
What are you reading at the tailcap? I'm getting about 1.3 amps.

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
The Crelant driver needs two batteries for full output. Try two 16340 or better yet 18350 and it will still pull 1.3 amps but that will be times two (2.6 amps). All the Crelant drivers.that I have seen do this. Output is still pretty good with just the one 18650 and the lower draw gives good runtime.

bietjiedof

Newly Enlightened
That's strange, my V6CS sample seems like a genuine 710 lumens...?

Selfbuilt's review of the 7G6CS - which I imagine has the same circuitry, but with a U3 emitter - estimates that it produces 530 lumens with 1 x 18650, but 710 lm with 2 x CR123A, and 780 lm with 2 x 16340. Note that 16340s are not listed by Crelant as an option, so... caveat emptor

Selfbuilt makes the point that the specified beam intensity of 28,500 cd (for the 7G6CS) seems feasible when using an 18650, but that the 400-meter throw listed by Crelant is more likely to be achieved with two of the smaller batteries.

Last edited:

Latest posts