is Zebralight actually releasing the S5310 this month ?

marcis

Newly Enlightened
The zebralight Product Comparison sheet still says the release date is 2/2012. Have any of you heard anything ? I use to get the newsletter, but they recently stopped sending me them, on 2 different e-mail accounts. Not sure what that's all about.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they will. It looks like a very interesting light, and a nice alternative to the Nitecore EA4 which I consider buying.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't count on it, they still list the SC600 MKII as 1/2013. Those dates don't seem to have any bearing on reality.

-- Adam

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battle of the stubby AA lights begins, Nitecore has gotten the jump on most companies with the Ea4 860 lumen :D

whos next? Zebralight has models planned but haven't produced either model yet. Quark has a prototype that runs on 3aa, that has me excited.

My EA4 arrived yesterday, and I really like the form factor. I hope more companies jump on the AA train.

markr6

Flashaholic
I like my EA4 but it's becoming more of a novelty item for me. When Zebralight gets going on this S5310, I'm sure I will use it almost daily! NEED those low and moonlight modes.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm getting more and more excited about this light! With the SC600 MkII out of the way, maybe the focus will be on getting this one out. I wish we at least knew the shape of the light.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
The spreadsheet says 2013, I think the OP just mistyped.
Oops, I did mistype. I definitely meant 2013. I will edit that.

I see zebralight posted the SC600 MKII today on the page.. Hopefully that means within the next week we will see the S5310.

P.S. I started a thread a couple weeks back talking about how zebralights q50 was a marketing ploy. The point get other companies to release a 4AA light first, then zebralight comes in and blows that product out of the water. So the Q50 was dropped, then the S5310 was mentioned (actually I believe it was listed on the product sheet before the Q50 was dropped) with the same or better specs. I swear they had this planned out :) ... I don't know business well, so this is probably not the case at all, but I love speculating.

markr6

Flashaholic
P.S. I started a thread a couple weeks back talking about how zebralights q50 was a marketing ploy. The point get other companies to release a 4AA light first, then zebralight comes in and blows that product out of the water. So the Q50 was dropped, then the S5310 was mentioned (actually I believe it was listed on the product sheet before the Q50 was dropped) with the same or better specs. I swear they had this planned out :) ... I don't know business well, so this is probably not the case at all, but I love speculating.

WOW! Never though of this...who knows. Congrats if they had that planned from the start!

marcis

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, Just thought you might like to know Zebralight is "claiming" the s5310 will be released this month (april). I sent them an e-mail last week and was told to look for it this month. Here's to hoping they keep their word for once.

markr6

Flashaholic
They're just building up a supply of these and Q50's to handle the rush of orders :)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for a compact "powerful" light that take AA battery for a while now. The Zebralight S5310 and the upcoming Eagletac GX25A3 look very promising.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for a compact "powerful" light that take AA battery for a while now. The Zebralight S5310 and the upcoming Eagletac GX25A3 look very promising.

I like the look and build of the Eagletac. But owning a Zebralight SC80, I prefer Zebralight's levels and UI better. I need to see what the light will look like. May end up getting both.

markr6

Flashaholic
I like the look and build of the Eagletac. But owning a Zebralight SC80, I prefer Zebralight's levels and UI better. I need to see what the light will look like. May end up getting both.

The UI will definitely make the decision almost impossible for me! It's the best there is IMO.