What flashlight is this guy using?

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this has been posted before, but what flashlight is this guy using? Looks kinda cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheBeam

Enlightened
I'm not sure what flashlight that guy is using, but I recognize the routine. I used to do that every night with each one of my flashlights before bed. It keeps them from getting lonely, and makes them feel loved.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I want one those too, to put on my website of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Red and blue, slow, possibly changeable switching pattern... I don't know what kind of flashlight does that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it says in the filename, a photon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Very cool though! For a while I actually thought he was using some light that changes colors. What event was that? and what's the name of that song? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, no, no.... I think the guy is using TWO photons. A blue on in his right hand and a pink in his left. I only watched it twice, but I don't think you ever see the colors switch to the other hand.

edit: okay, I watched it again and the colors do change hands, but I'm still thinking two photons with some deft palming skills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
IIRC, I've looked into this kind of stuff before.

He should be using 4 photons, 2 blue and 2 red.

He's wearing a glove with 2 photons on each hand, possibly sewn onto the glove on the index and middle fingertips.

And they're activated by pressingthe thumb on which ever colour he deems to be suitable at the time.

Do a search on liquid dance, and there might be some videos of people using photons too.

-YC

darkgear.com

Enlightened
I've seen those in person at the Houdini shops all over Las Vegas $29.95 and they take you in the back to show you how it's done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They are finger caps with a light that turns on when you squeeze with your thumb. He has the different colors on different finger tips. Squeeze the different fingers with your thumb and get different colors.

Here it is

http://www.houdini.com/includes.cfm?page=shop/images.cfm&image=dlite.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought D-lites were only red? I did a couple of searches and found one that changes from red to green. Can't seem to find a blue to pink. Anybody have better luck? I'm considering picking up a pair if I can find them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
I'm fairly certain that the guy in the video aren't using D-lites. But regardless, I've seen D-lites in person and they are way cool when used properly.

The guys at the local magic shop say the multi-colour ones are flaky to use.

-YC