4 Sevens

Thread: 2AAA Mini Maglite/ LED Mod????

Enlightened

Default 2AAA Mini Maglite/ LED Mod????

I carry a SureFire E2 w/ KL1 bezel, but I have a 2AAA Mini Mag that I've carried for years and is perfect for small area lighting. But I would like to modify it to LED. I have no idea how to do this, or if it can even be done. I've found a lot of information on mods for the 2AA minimag, but none for the 2AAA. Does anyone have any ideas, or knowledge about this?

Default Re: 2AAA Mini Maglite/ LED Mod????

Easiest is to use a 5mm Nichia LED in the bulb socket and enlarge the reflector hole or use a 3mm LED - drive it with 3 pcs of 2/3 AAA sized NiMhs. A search will find this too.

Klaus

it is possible to grind an inretech LS "drop in" to
    fit the 2AAA mag...
    i've done it with the red-orange, it gives a real nice beam
    with the stock reflector.

If you can't find anything satisfying, you can send me the light for a customer mod.

Flashaholic*

I modified my Mag2AAA with a sphere for the optics which of course, cut it down for 1 cell and stuck a Arcmania/Lambda pill in it. I used a tail clickie from a Garrity penlight that also has a useful clip on it. I was too scared to run it on two cells like I wanted cause I heard the converters would blow @ 3v. Can anyone confirm this? txs

Enlightened

Darkzero,
    A "sphere" for the optics? Can you explain? I'm just starting to learn about all this stuff, so I'm not familiar with all the lingo.
    Thanks for all the input, people. I'll let you all know if it turns out. I'm going to experiment with a new one. The old one has sentimental value to it, and I'd hate to jack it up. If I DO, however, jack up the new one. I might give Vancouver a call. Thanks again for all the great response.