Silva Runner Spare Battery

dive!dive!

Newly Enlightened
Hello Folks
Just got a new Silva Runner and intial impressions are very good. I'd like a spare battery for it but cant seem to find these for sale ?
The pack looks to be a simple 2S1P pack based on 18650 cells, but it has the proprietory Silva connector. I know I can get the packs easliy but not sure about connectors.
I'm pretty new to this, so what are my options ?
Thanks
Steve

Last edited:

borrower

Enlightened
Looks like you could buy an extension cable (possibly p/n 57195-97, but don't quote me on that) that you could butcher. However, it also looks like the cable has both power and a couple of sense wires in it.

This implies that the Silva charger is smart enough to either balance the cells or have something like a thermal cutoff. So either you need to duplicate that circuitry in your diy pack and use the stock charger, or build a battery pack with removeable cells and use a normal charger.

Of course, your mileage may vary and the lamp unit might make some use of those sensing wires. If this is the case, all bets are off.

Last edited:

dive!dive!

Newly Enlightened
Borrower
Thanks for the reply. Was begining to think no one would respond!
Yes, I had thought about getting the extension cable (cheap ish at £9) and wiring to a generic 2S1P pack, but also wondered about the sensor wires. The main power comes from the round jack in the middle of the connector and I dont get any voltage on either of the other twwo 'sensor' wires from the battery. Anyone have a clue as to what they are and hwo they should be wired ?
Cheers
Steve

krip77

Newly Enlightened
Borrower
Thanks for the reply. Was begining to think no one would respond!
Yes, I had thought about getting the extension cable (cheap ish at £9) and wiring to a generic 2S1P pack, but also wondered about the sensor wires. The main power comes from the round jack in the middle of the connector and I dont get any voltage on either of the other twwo 'sensor' wires from the battery. Anyone have a clue as to what they are and hwo they should be wired ?
Cheers
Steve

Where did you find the extension cord for 9£??